27

"I'm so happy!" Evelyn squealed as she hugged Willow. Willow laughed and hugged her too. "We've finally graduated! I feel like crying!" Eve said and she rolled her eyes. "You don't need to be dramatic," Jude, Evelyn's younger brother said. "Just because you're still in high school doesn't mean you should step on my happiness," Eve scowled at him and he rolled his eyes before walking away.

"He's never nice to me," Eve grumbled and everyone else laughed. Willow turned to look at her younger sister whose cheeks were a little heated. They had just finished the convocation ceremony and everyone was preparing to go home. Willow wanted to spend a week with her dad and sister before going back to Dallas.

"I'm proud of you, my love," she turned to see her father approaching her with his arms wide open. Willow smiled and went to hug him, "Thank you, dad." "When we get home we'll celebrate," he said and she giggled.

Willow was seated on the large bed in her new room, staring at the ceiling. She had been sitting there for the past half an hour doing nothing. She wanted to call Nathan but she knew he'd be in a meeting. She was worried since he didn't text her this morning.

The knock on her door drew her attention. "Come in," she said and the door opened. "Hi, brought apple pie," Lilian said as she walked in holding a plate of pie. Willow smiled and patted the bed, "Come sit."

Lilian went to sit and placed the plate on the bed. "So how does it feel to be a total adult?" she asked Willow and she laughed. "I don't know. I feel the same, but that might not be the same for Eve," she said and they laughed. She wasn't lying. Evelyn was just another type of human.

"By next week, I'll start hunting for job," Willow said with a sigh. "And I'll be writing my exams. Life isn't fair on any of us," Lilian said and they laughed. Willow then remembered something and then grinned at her. Lilian narrowed her eyes at her, "What's that look for?"

"I saw you staring at Jude during the celebration," her elder sister said and she gasped. "Oh Willow no!" she cried out and covered her face as her cheeks turned red in embarrassment and Willow laughed at her.

"Well, he's quite the looker. I mean, other girls your age were even taking a glance every minute or two," Willow said with a shrug and Lilian groaned before pushing her. "Shut up," she said and Willow laughed. "It's hard to do so."

"Please don't embarrass me like this," Lilian sighed and shook her head in embarrassment. Willow pinched her cheeks, "It's not a bad thing to check someone out." "But if he noticed, he'll think I'm a creep," Lilian sighed and laid her back on the bed. "Jude's a nice guy," Willow said to her as she took a bite of the apple pie.

"Well, he wasn't nice to Evelyn," Lilian pointed out. Willow chuckled, "That's because they have a bad history together and they don't want to push away their pride."

There was a moment of silence as the girls ate until Lilian spoke up.

"How was mom like?"

That question caught Willow off guard. "Mom?"

Lilian nodded, "I never actually asked about her from dad because I didn't want him to start hurting again."

Willow understood where she was coming from. "She was really beautiful. She had very long brown hair just like yours, only that yours is black," she said and Lilian unconsciously touched her hair.

"Grandma said she used to sing me to sleep. And when was pregnant with you, she would sing to her womb," Willow said with a chuckled and Lilian smiled. "I wish I could see her," she mumbled.