49

People's joy knew no bounds when the news of Nathan's recovery spread everywhere. The doctor, which was Jayden, advised that he'd be on bed rest for minimum of a week so he can regain his full strength. Nathan was not at all happy with this and he used every means to show it. The only thing that eased his unhappiness was that the kids were staying home with him because they were on mid-term break.

Daniel wouldn't stop apologizing over and over again for causing his father to go through pain. "Daniel, it's alright. Things happen, stop apologizing," Nathan said to his son as he stroked his hair. Daniel snuggled closer to his father with tears falling down his cheeks. "I don't want you to die, daddy. Mommy used to cry everyday but she didn't want us to know," he said and wiped his cheeks.

Nathan looked at his son's teary face and sighed before wiping his face with his hands. "Everything will be okay from now on," he said and Daniel nodded before hugging him. Then his mother walked into the living room, "It's time for Lunch. Wave's been wanting to eat in the backyard by the pool, so you better start making your way there."

"We're coming," Nathan said as she left. He stood up with his son and they went to the backyard where they saw Wave a few feet away from the pool on a large blanket. Camilla went over to her and sat beside her before helping her bring out food from the large basket.

The two males walked over to them and sat with them. "Oh, grandma, what is this?" Daniel asked, pointing at what looked like small handballs that were on a plate. "That's called mochi, sweetheart," Camilla said to him and handed him one. He took a bite and his eyes dilated making her chuckle. "It's yummy!" he exclaimed and they laughed.

As lunch went on Camilla looked at her son. "How do you feel?" she asked him. "I feel better; better enough to start working," he told her and she rolled her eyes. "You're not fully recovered, take your time to rest and stop acting like a spoilt brat."

Nathan rolled his eyes at her, "You're infuriating." She laughed and handed another slice of cheese cake to the kids to eat.

"Como van las cosas con ella?" she asked Nathan. (how are things with her) "She's now quiet and careful with whatever she does. Honestly, it makes me feel like I did something wrong," Ntahan replied with a sigh. "She's just scared," his mother said. He shook his head, "Por que tendria miedo? Solo quiero que ella sea ella." (why would she be scared? I just want her to be her)

His mother knew it would be better for them to converse in Spanish so the kids wouldn't understand what they were saying. "Why don't you try to make her feel loved again? Show her how grateful you are for her being there. The girl loves you a lot, that's why she's like that. She's been through a lot," she said and Nathan sighed. "I know, mom. I know."

Later that evening, Willow came home and made dinner, thanking Camilla before she left. "Mommy, grandma made us mochi. It was yummy," Daniel said to her. Willow smiled and patted his head. "Did you tell grandma thank you?" she asked and he nodded. "That's good. Now join your father and sister in the dining room," she said and the little boy nodded before walking out of the kitchen.

She had already finished eating so she wanted to clean up and do the laundry before turning in for the night. When dinner was over, she took the kids to bed while Nathan went back to their room. When she was done with her duties, she went to their room and changed into her night dress before getting in bed.

She was about to adjust when she felt an arm snake around her waist, pulling her back against a warm chest. "Aren't you supposed to be sleeping?" she asked quietly. "That will be hard when you're not near," he said and her heart skipped a beat. Her body was completely still and stiff, she didn't know what to do.

"Stop hiding from me, please," he pleaded. "I'm not hiding," she countered. "I am not dumb, Willow. I don't like how you only say a word or a sentence to me and run off," he said to her. She let out a breath, "I don't know what else to do. All we do is fight and I don't want it anymore. Maybe if I keep my mouth shut more often, we won't get into another mess again."

"Why is she always a negative thinker?" he thought to himself and pulled her closer. "Let's start over. Don't run away from me. Let's work things out together," he said to her. "Nathan, I've caused you so much trouble," she mumbled.

"The trouble is worth it. I don't care. Just be mine," he said and turned her to face him. He was looking at her with sincerity in his eyes and her heartbeat sped up the more. She let out a shaky breath and he smiled at her.

"Please," he said. Willow brought her hand up to his cheek and caressed it. "I love you, Willow. I never stopped loving you ever since that day. I still love you and I know I forever will. Just give me a chance and I promise to make this right," he said to her. Willow's eyes turned glassy.

"I'm the one that needs a chance," her lower lip quavered as she tried not to cry. "I love you too, Nathan. I've always loved you and I'm sorry for everything," she said to him. Before she could say another word, he silenced her with a kiss.

She wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him closer. They held each other so close, as if they feared they would disappear if they didn't.

They pulled away to catch their breaths and locked eyes with each other.

Nathan's green eyes were always so beautiful and she was happy their kids inherited them. "I know asking you to be my wife is on another level. So please be my girlfriend," he whispered and they chuckled. A tear fell down her cheek and she quickly wiped it. "I'll be anything you want me to be," she said and hugged him again. "I love you so much," they chorused and laughed.