17

Willow walked out of her exam hall looking like she just finished fighting world war iii. She was in no mood to talk to anyone at the moment and everyone could sense that. Even though she had spent majority of her time studying her anatomy handouts, she still couldn't grasp the concepts perfectly.

"What's done is done," she mumbled quietly, with the urge to drown her sorrows in tequila but she knew she couldn't.

This was her second to the last exam and by tomorrow, she'd be done with all her exams.

She didn't see where she was going and bumped into someone. "I'm sorry," she mumbled and a huff from the person got her attention. "Now my day is ruined, great!" Crystal exclaimed with irritation and her friends laughed.

Willow rolled her eyes and was about to walk past them when Crystal spoke. "Stop forcing yourself to be with Nathan. We both know he doesn't want you, he's just using you to get to me," she said and Willow sighed.

"Not this again," she thought to herself and turned to face her. "So what if I'm actually forcing myself on him? At least he still gives me attention. Stop being delusional and open your fucking eyes!" she snapped and walked away before Crystal could complain.

Willow was irritated at the moment.

"Hey, babe," Eve ran to her when she walked out of the building. Willow inhaled and turned to face her. Eve cringed when she saw her best friend's angered expression. "I'm going to the dorms. Do not look for me," Willow said to her and walked away.

Eve couldn't help but cringe again when she saw her stomp down the road. "Her exam must have killed her," she mumbled and decided to go to the library. She had an exam in evening so it would be best to study now.

She was on her way to the library when she saw Nathan and his friends. Chase noticed her and waved at her causing her cheeks to heat up. She was thankful for her colored skin or she would have resembled a tomato.

"Eve, you look nice in your locs," he said to her as they approached her. She smiled in appreciation, "Thank you." "Evelyn looking as yummy as ever," Marcus commented playfully and they laughed.

"Where's your cute friend?" Dylan asked and Chase nudged him playfully. Nathan rolled his eyes when they wiggled their brows at him. "She went back to the dorms," Evelyn answered.

"Then where are you heading to?" Chase asked her. "The library," she said and he nodded. "Let me walk you there," he offered. She smiled and nodded. "Willow has been scarce lately," Marcus said. "She's been crazy with her exams. I think her anatomy exam gutted her," Evelyn said with a sigh and Nathan frowned.

"Lover girl needs some love, man," Dylan patted his back and he shrugged him off. "You'll soon need treatment for the black eye I'm about to give you," Nathan threatened with an eye roll and the others laughed.

Willow was seated on the floor grumbling incoherent words to no one in particular as she glared at the floor.

The knock on the door didn't only draw her attention but also increased her irritation. She stood up from the floor, reading to bite off the person's head as she approached the door.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?"

She yanked the door open to see Nathan standing there looking unfazed but confused. "Eve wasn't lying at all," he said with a raised brow and she huffed before going to sit back on the floor. Nathan walked in and closed the door behind him.

He then sat beside her and turned to look at her.

"What did the floor do to you?" he asked her when he saw her glaring holes into the ground. "I don't want to talk to anyone," she grumbled, not looking up at him. "But I want to talk to you," Nathan said.

She huffed and turned around, her back towards him. He rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around her waist slowly so she wouldn't get angry. She didn't say anything and let him pull her into his embrace.

They stayed like that for a long time in silence. Her in between his legs and his hands lazily caressing her hips in attempts to dissolve her unhappiness. She rested her head on his chest, snuggling closer and then turning to hug him.

"I'm sorry for talking that way," she mumbled and he chuckled. "You don't need to apologize. I understand you're stressed and angry, it's normal. Exams can be a real pain in the ass," he said.

"It's not just the exams," she grumbled. He frowned, looking at her. "Then what?"

She rolled her eyes and placed with the pendant on his neck. "Crystal is always on my tail. She's really obsessed with you and it makes me sick," she sighed and he chuckled. Then he noticed something.

She was wearing his black Nike hoodie.

"You've had this hoodie the whole time and I was looking for it?" he said and she grinned sheepishly. "I forgot to give it back but it's so nice and comfy so I'm not sure when it'll be returned," she said and he laughed.

She did look nice in it. She wasn't wearing anything apart from the hoodie which stopped above her knees.

"It makes you look small," he teased and she pinched his chest making him laugh again. "Must you tease me every single time?" she looked up at him and her eyes widened when she saw that their lips were so close to each other.

"It's fun," Nathan whispered and leaned down to kiss her. She melted into the kiss immediately and wrapped her arms around him.

"Is it weird that I kind of miss you?" she asked when they broke the kiss. They hadn't actually seen each other ever since exams had started and that was about two weeks ago. He chuckled and tickled her waist causing her to squeal and jolt up.

"Stop!" she cried when he didn't let her go. He obeyed and kissed her neck. "I missed you too. There was no one to annoy me and it was boring seeing Chase's dumb face every day," he said and she laughed.

"The guy loves you," she said and he scoffed. "He's too bouncy for my energy," he said and smiled. "But you guys often behave like twins, it's cute to watch," she said as she brought her fingers to his hair.

"He's like my long lost twin though. We've known each other since were babies and he makes me know that every day," he said and they laughed.

"Let me guess, he has embarrassing photos of you?"

He nodded and she giggled.

"So are you okay now?" he asked her. She rolled her eyes but a small smile was playing on her lips. "If you buy me ice cream, I'll be okay," she said and he laughed before standing up, carrying her in his hands. "Wear something and let's go," he said and she grinned.