19

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!"

Everyone sang and began to clap as Chase blew out the candles on his cake. "Let's get this party started!" the DJ yelled and everyone squealed happily as music blared out through the large speakers.

Everyone scattered themselves over the beach while Chase went to meet his friends. "I swear I was joking when I said I wanted a beach themed party," he said to them and they laughed. He was still looking confused and lost.

"Enjoy it while it lasts, bro," Marcus patted his back and turned to Dylan. "Let's cause havoc somewhere," he said and everyone laughed. Willow and Evelyn watched as the guys went in their different directions. Nathan and Chase had gone to get them drinks so they were left on a blanket under a coconut tree.

"Thank God it's not that sunny, I'm not ready to be looking for a tan remover cream," Willow said and Evelyn laughed. "After graduation is summer," she said and Willow nodded. "I'm going back to spend it with my parents in Miami," Evelyn said to her. "I'm sure they miss you. Your younger brother will be so glad to see you," Willow said and she snorted. "He'll think of various ways to send me away, so I'm going there as a surprise," Evelyn said and they laughed.

The guys came back and got seated beside them, handing them each a glass of cold drinks. "I wanted a cocktail," Eve whined. "None of you are getting drunk today," Nathan said and they glared at him. "You're not our dad," Willow huffed but nevertheless downed her drink.

He rolled his eyes and laid on his back, placing his head on her lap. Her breath hitched but she quickly came to her senses.

"What are you guys doing for summer?" Chase asked them. "Going to our father's house," Eve said. Chase pouted, "You're so eager to run away from me. Why?" Eve's eyes widened and she looked away.

Willow and Nathan looked at each other, seeming to understand that something was going on between them. "Willow and I are going to play in the water," Nathan said as he stood up and Willow did the same.

"See you guys later," she said and walked away with him. "You said we were going to play in the water," she snickered and he rolled his eyes. He then looked over her outfit. She was wearing a very large flannel shirt that stopped above her knees.

"Why the shirt?" he asked her. She shrugged, "I prefer to wear it." She had always worn shirts like that whenever she followed Eve to the beach.

Nathan led her to a part of the beach where people were scanty. "It won't hurt you to tell me. I think we've gone past that part," he said as they walked into the water until it was cover their thighs.

Willow looked away as her cheeks heated and slowly began to unbutton the shirt. "Being in a bikini makes me feel insecure because I don't have the best body like Eve's," she mumbled and pulled it off.

"Fuck," Nathan hissed under his breath when he saw how she looked in her black two-piece bikini. He grabbed her hand and led her behind a rock before pinning her back to it. Willow looked up at him and swallowed when she saw that his pupils were dilated.

"N-Nathan?"

"Sometimes, I wonder why you like to body shame yourself," he mumbled, his eyes not leaving hers. "Nate," she said but he shut her up with a kiss. His hands went to her hips, pulling her closer. Willow's arms circled his waist and deepened the kiss.

They pulled away and he looked into her eyes.

"If I didn't want Chase to have my head, I'd have taken you back home and fuck the living daylights out of you," he said and she blushed looking away. She still didn't understand why he was attracted to her body.

She knew she was curvy but she didn't like how it made her feel chubby. "You're weird," she said to him and he rolled his eyes before carrying her up in his arms causing her to yelp.

"You need to stop doing that," she glared at him and he grinned.

When the party was over, everyone went back home.

Willow was seated in her room with a sadness in her heart. Her phone rang and she quickly comported herself before picking up.

"Hey Chase, what's up?" she cringed when she realized she sounded too hyper. "I'm pretty good, Will. I just called to tell you thank you for today," Chase said. Willow smiled, "It's fine, Chase. You already thanked us like a million times today."

"I know but it's not enough. I can't thank Nathan enough even though I know he's the real mastermind behind all these and he threatened to cut off my balls if I talk to him again today," Chase said and she laughed. Typical Nathan.

"It's fine, Chase really," Willow said to him. "Can I ask a question?" Chase asked him. "Sure," she replied. "Does Eve have a boyfriend?" he asked. Willow smiled before chuckling, "No, she's not taken at the moment." She heard him exhale in relief and smiled.

"Thank you, don't tell her I asked. Also, thank you for coming into Nathan's life," he said and Willow's heart skipped a beat. "Why do you say that?" she nearly stuttered. "Well, he's always grumpy and reserved. But it's like you flipped on a switch when you came and the guys and I love seeing him the way he is now," Chase said.

Willow's chest felt heavy as she tried to breathe. That can't be true?

"There's nothing to thank me for, Chase," she said. "You may not notice but the guys and I do. I have to go now," he said. "Bye," Willow mumbled and he hung up.

Willow slid down from her bed and looked up at the ceiling.

"How can that even be true? We're not even real lovers," she mumbled sadly. "But it always feels real when you're together," her subconscious said and she bit her lower lip. She didn't like this one bit.

"We're not meant to fall in love," she mumbled as she ran her hand through her hair. "But I like him," she mumbled after a minute of silence. She shook her head in denial and patted her cheeks.

"Willow, wake up!" she exclaimed in annoyance.

"I can't fall in love," she mumbled.

Then her mind wandered to the events of today. How he held her throughout the party at the beach. Her eyes fell on the stuffed elephant toy that he had won for her.

She stood up and went to grab the toy. Her heart sped up and she came to a very bad realization.

She had fallen in love with Nathaniel Reyes.