22

Summer break was finally here and Willow was not prepared for it at all. The school had just done their convocation ceremony two weeks ago and now Willow was ready to go back to Dallas to meet her grandma.

Nathan offered to take her back but she declined immediately and he did not like it one bit. So they came to a conclusion that he would drive her to the bus stop instead.

And that was what he was doing at the moment. There was a comfortable silence in car as he drove. They got to the bus stop and go out of the car. Nathan grabbed her luggage and they sat at the bus station waiting for the bus.

"So you're going to miss me, aren't you?" Willow teased, breaking the silence. He chuckled and kissed her nose. "Are we really going to talk about this?" he asked and she laughed. "Just say you don't want to admit it," she said and he rolled his eyes. "Only if you'll admit that you'll miss me too," he said and she scoffed. "Not happening," she said and he laughed.

"Try not to give your grandmother a heart attack," he said and she huffed. "You say it as if I'm a trouble maker," she said and he smiled. The thought of him not seeing her for almost a month made him almost want to beg her not to leave.

"You need to fatten up before you resume for the next session," Grandma Marie said as she examined her granddaughter's face. Willow rolled her eyes and swatted her hands away. "Grandma, I'm fine. I came home to look after you, not for you to look after me," she said and her grandmother scoffed before going to sit on her favorite arm chair.

Willow smiled and went to lay on the couch. She had arrived a few hours ago and grandma had nicely garnished chicken in the oven.

"I missed you," Willow said to the woman as she examined her features. She had gained enough weight now and her skin was no longer the deathly shade of pale. "Me too, sweetheart. I used to look at your high school picture every day when you're away," her grandma said and Willow scowled immediately. "Really? Of all the pictures, grandma," she said. Her grandma gave her an innocent look, "But it's the cutest of all the pictures."

It was obviously not the cutest.

Willow glared at her and pointed at the picture she was talking about which was on hanging on the wall beside the wall clock.

"Grandma, I had ugly braces and my hair was frizzly!" she pointed out but the woman waved her off. "Even Nathan agreed that it was cute," she said. Willow's cheeks heated in embarrassment as her eyes widened. "HE SAW IT??"

Her grandmother nodded, "He even took a picture." Willow wanted to scream in frustration and embarrassment. She wished she could strangle her grandmother but she loved her too much to do that. "I'm going to murder that boy," she thought to herself.

"How is the boy?" Grandma asked. "He's fine," Willow said rolling her eyes. "Last time, I think he mentioned that he was in his final year. Has he graduated yet?" grandma asked and she nodded.

"That's awesome! I hope he finds a nice job that suits him well," her grandma said and Willow rolled her eyes.

"Did you hear from dad?" She asked and her grandmother nodded. "Yes, I did. I'm so proud of you, my love. Really," Grandma said and Willow sat up, crossing her legs. "I still haven't forgiven him fully," she mumbled and blew out the hair covering her eyes.

"It's normal for forgiveness to take time as long as you forgive him. That's what we were taught in the bible," Grandma said and Willow rolled her eyes. The oven dinged and the old woman quickly stood up.

"It's ready. Come and help me in the kitchen, Aliyah will soon be here," she said and Willow obeyed.

Later at night, when dinner was over and Aliyah had gone back home, Willow retired to her room and went to lay on her bed after telling her grandma goodnight. She was tired and she hadn't even arranged her things yet.

"I'll do it tomorrow," she mumbled as she stood up again and changed into her nightgown. Her cheeks heated when she remembered what happened the last time she was here. "Why am I missing him?" she sighed to herself and went to sit on her bed.

Her phone began to ring and she picked it, seeing it was Evelyn that was calling.

"Eve," she answered.

"Babe, I just got home and my legs hurt like a bitch. Honestly, I'm tired as a worn out rat!" her best friend exclaimed in her ears making her roll her eyes. "Do you always have to be dramatic?"

Eve scoffed, "Oh really? You're calling a whole me dramatic?" "Have you settled down yet?" Willow asked her. "Something like that. My mom's making something for me to eat though. My brother is literally planning my death!" Eve exclaimed at the end and Willow shook her head.

"As long as you stay out of his business, I'm sure you'll still be alive," Willow said to her and she snorted. "Like it's easy? The dude brings girls home more than the times he changes his clothes. How do you expect me not to put my nose in his business? What if he knocks up a girl?"

Willow heard the door open in the background. "Can you shut up already?" Jude's voice could be heard. "I'll shut up when you start listening to me," Eve retorted. "Right? Because you're queen Elizabeth iii," Jude stated and Willow laughed at his snarky comment.

"Get out of my room you Caucasian dog," Willow could imagine Eve glaring at her brother. "Your food's ready," Jude said and she heard the door close. "Leave the boy alone," Willow said to her. "As if. If he continues like this, he'll never find a wife. Or worse, he might catch STDs!" Eve stated.

"He's eighteen for crying out loud," Willow pointed out. "And so? The idiot is meant to focus on his football scholarship or he won't make it to UCLA," her friend said and Willow laughed.

"You're not his mom," she said and Eve snorted.

"So, did you and Mr. Hotshot have goodbye sex?" She asked and nearly choked on her saliva. She quickly regained composure and spoke, "Did you and Mr. Sex on Legs have goodbye sex too?"

"Nice one there, Sawyer. Well played," Evelyn said and Willow laughed. "Thank you too, Shawn. I try my best a lot," she said and they both laughed.

"So are you guys like a thing now?" Willow asked her. "I wish. But I don't think he likes me that way. We're basically friends with benefits," Eve mumbled. Willow laid on her bed and placed the phone beside her.

"Tell him how youfeel," she said. "There's no point. He has already graduated. There's a highchance I'll never see him again so it doesn't really matter," Eve said andWillow rolled her eyes but didn't say anything