44

"I bet you still can't walk properly," Eve laughed and Willow rolled her eyes. She wasn't lying though. Willow still couldn't walk properly after her crazy adventure with Nathan last night. It was worth it though, cue the laughter. "I didn't expect that to happen," she mumbled and her best friend chuckled. "You guys should get married please. Fix your problems and go to the alter already!" she exclaimed.

Leave it to Eve to be dramatic about everything.

"I pray you become mature before you meet your baby," Willow sighed and Eve scoffed. "You're lucky my attention is need at the moment. We'll settle this case later," Eve said and hung up. Willow laughed and went back to what she was doing.

Nathan was busy with what he was doing when Kiara barged into his office. He looked up to see her and rolled his eyes. "Stop ignoring my calls and messages!" she exclaimed as she walked up to him and slammed her hand on the table.

"I might need to get that place sanitized," he thought to himself as he stared at the spot before looking at her. "For a woman, you are quiet aggressive," he said with utmost displeasure. She scoffed and sat on the chair in front of him.

"Brioni sent an email. They want us to model their clothes," she said. Nathan turned his attention back to his work. "I'm sure they have models that can do just that for them perfectly fine," he said without a care. "Last year, you didn't object when Armani made an offer," Kiara countered.

Nathan gave her an unbothered look, "Woman, it's my choice, not yours. Get your nose out of my business." She glared at him, "You've never been this cold to me."

"Well, your behavior caused it to happen when you keep behaving like you own me," he told her and she scoffed. She then brought out her phone and showed him the screen.

"I heard a rumor that you have kids," she said. Nathan read the article and rolled his eyes. There was a picture of him with the twins walking out of their school and heading towards his car. "So? Whether I have kids or not is my business, not yours," he said. "Don't you care about what people will think?" she asked with a frown. Why was this man being difficult?

"Since when did I start caring?" Nathan thought to himself. "Kiara, please do not stress me today. I have a lot of things to attend to and you're in my way," he said to her. She huffed in annoyance and stood up dramatically before storming out of his office. "Thank God," he groaned in relief and rubbed his temple.

He picked up his phone and didn't know what he was doing until her heard Willow's voice.

"Hello?"

His eyes widened. Did he just call her? "Fuck me!" he groaned internally. "Am I disturbing?" he asked. There was a small shuffle in the background. "Actually, no. I'm on lunch break," she said and he felt himself relax under her sweet voice.

God, he missed this.

Maybe he should ask her out on a date.

"Do you want to go somewhere in the evening? Maybe like to walk in a park or something," he didn't know why he was getting nervous. There was a brief silence. "It would be nice. What about the kids?" she asked him. "Nicole asked me to bring them over for a sleepover with Kassie and Blake. They'll go to school from there," he said. "Nicole did ask me about it earlier. I told her I'll think about it," she mumbled.

"Let's get some alone time together," he said playfully and she laughed. "That wouldn't be bad. Will you take them there?" she asked him. "I'll take them there, don't worry," he said and she hummed. "Thank you, Nate," she said.

He smiled. "She called me Nate," he thought to himself with happiness. "Thank you too," he said to her and she giggled. "Do I get to pick you up from work?" he asked her. "I have a car," she said and he chuckled. "I know. I'll see you at home," he said and she hummed. "Bye," she said and she hung up.

"You have no idea how much I need you in my life, Will," he mumbled as he buried his face in his hands and sighed. He picked up his phone and dialed his elder sister's number. "Awn, you missed me, baby boo?" she teased and he rolled his eyes. "Is Blake still coming over?" he asked. "Yeah, are you bringing the twins?" he rolled his eyes his eyes at his sister's over excited voice. "Please pity my ear drums. They're far more important than anything you own," he grumbled.

"Sore thumb. Are they allergic to anything?" Nicole asked. "No, but don't give them too much food. They'll have tummy ache and vomit," he told her. "Awn, you're such a daddy," she teased and he sighed. This girl had a way of always annoying him ever since they were kids. She was more of a tom boy and mixed well with guys than girls. Even though she was obviously one of the prettiest girls at her school, she would rather spend her time playing football or basketball with her elder and younger brother.

Even though she was now a grown woman, she never failed to annoy the hell out of him. "See you in the evening," he said and hung up before she could reply with another stupid comment.

The weather was somehow cool and warm, making the evening more beautiful as Nathan and Willow walked down the park holding popsicles in their hands. "I thought it was only teenagers that did this thing," Nathan said with a chuckle. Willow smiled as she looked up at him, "Then why did you suggest it?"

He looked at her with a boyish grin making her heart skip a beat. "I just wanted an excuse to have an alone time with you. Walking with you is like a breath of fresh air," he admitted and her cheeks reddened making her look away and putting the popsicle in her mouth.

"You don't have to say that," she mumbled and he laughed. "You're cute when you blush," he pointed out and she glared at him. "I'm a woman, I am not cute," she stated and he laughed. "Okay then. You're beautiful when you blush," he said. Her eyes widened before she glared at him and walked faster in attempts to get away from him.

"Oh come on," he laughed as he grabbed her, pulling her in an embrace. "We're in public!" she panicked but he waved her off and kissed her, catching her off guard. She nearly fell but quickly wrapped her arms around his neck for balance. She broke the kiss and glared at him. "I nearly fell!"

He laughed and kissed her again. This time, she didn't resist him and melted into the kiss. She kissed him back and the kiss felt like the sweetest kiss on the planet. They broke the kiss and he grinned at her.

"Can we go home so I'll can keep kissing you?"

She shook her head in amusement but a smile was playing on her lips. "Let's be on our way then," she said. It was followed by a surprised yelp from her as he left her up in his arms. "I can walk with the legs that God gave me," she told him. "And I have the right to appreciate what God gave you," he smirked and she rolled her eyes.

They finally got home and he took her upstairs. Her lips connected with his when they got to the bed and the next minute their clothes were on the floor. "The last time, I couldn't walk," she told him. He grinned and slipped his fingers inside her, earning a moan from her.

"It's not my fault you're so irresistible," he kissed her and continued his task of making her scream his name.