41

A waiter approached her with a smile. "Hello, ma'am. Welcome to Sparrow Italia, would you like a table?" he asked her and she blinked at his accent. Her cheeks heated, "I'm here to see someone." "Who, if I may ask?" he was so polite and it made her feel out of place.

"Um, Nathaniel Reyes," she mumbled. "Oh, please follow me," he said and she nodded before following him. "And I must say, Ma'am. You look beautiful this afternoon," he commented and Willow couldn't stop her cheeks from overheating. "Thank you," she muttered and he nodded.

They approached the VIP area and he led her to the table at the farthest end where Nathan was seated.

Nathan looked up to see her approaching him and he couldn't hide his happiness from seeing her. "Thank you," Willow said to the waiter. "You're welcome, Ma'am," he said and walked away.

"Hey," Willow mumbled to Nathan as she sat across him. "Your face is red," he pointed out and she glared at him. "I don't want to talk about it," she said quickly and he chuckled. "You look beautiful by the way," he said and she blinked continuously in embarrassment.

Nathan complimenting her was something she wasn't prepared for. She looked away and patted her cheeks with her hands making him chuckle. "I don't know why you'd want us to meet at a fancy restaurant," she mumbled and cleared her throat. "I just wanted to see you over lunch," he said with a shrug as a waitress approached them. "I would have cooked something," Willow glared at him.

He ignored her and placed his order, so did she. They waited patiently as the waitress left. "What did you want to talk about?" she asked him. "We'll talk about that after we're done eating," he said and she narrowed her eyes at him.

"How did your hair get so long?" Nathan asked her. Her eyes widened. She wasn't expecting him to ask that type of question. She cleared her throat and unconsciously touched the tip of her hair. "I decided to let it grow out," she mumbled, looking away.

Nathan hummed as he studied her long brown hair, "It's beautiful." Willow blushed, "Thanks." The waitress came back with their food and they began to eat. "This is actually good," Willow moaned as she took a sip of her wine. "I'm pretty sure you don't know what you ordered," Nathan said to her and she rolled her eyes.

"It's Italian, do you expect me to hire a translator?" she waved him off and he chuckled in amusement. "You haven't changed one bit," he said to her and she smiled. She pointed her fork at him, "Neither have you."

He chuckled and they continued eating in comfortable silence. When they were done, two waiters came to take their empty plates. "Do you want dessert?" Nathan asked her but she shook her head. "I'm already full, no thank you," she said and he nodded.

"So what did you want to talk about? It better be something reasonable," she said and he nodded. "Mom, I wish to hate you right now," he thought to himself as he began to speak.

"Before you say no," he started and she frowned. "It's just a suggestion," he said and she cocked her head to the side. "And you assume I'll say no?"

He shrugged, "It's you, so yeah." She rolled her eyes and motioned for him to continue. "I want you to move in with me," he said and she frowned. "Why?"

"Well, I'd like to get closer to the kids and I think that would be a better option. Also, we won't need to waste time going from here to there just to see them. I won't to perform my father role perfectly. There'll be guards to protect three of you. There'll be a driver to take you everywhere you want to go. I know you don't want to be a topic of the press; I'll take care of that. I promise," he said and Willow didn't know what to say.

She looked at him, she couldn't ignore the plea in his eyes. They looked so genuine. Those green eyes she loved so much, the eyes she'd dream about almost every night.