47

Willow was busy giving her patient treatment when there was a knock on the door. With a frown Willow asked the person to come in. She turned around to see her kids walk in with their class teacher. On instinct, she stopped what she was doing and quickly went to meet them.

"Mommy!" they were both crying and Willow noticed that their uniforms were stained with blood. She looked up at the teacher, "What happened?" she turned her attention back to her children and began to search for cuts or bruises. "There was an accident," the teacher said.

"Daddy," Wave hiccupped on her tears and Willow's eyes widened. "W-what happened to him?" she could barely contain herself. "I rushed to the scene a little late. He was hit by a car I think, but he's not in a good state," the teacher said with a sad tone and Willow knew it was bad. "Where is he?" she asked her. "He's in the emergency ward at the moment," the teacher replied.

"I did not know, mommy," Daniel's face was puffy and red, stained with tears. "Stop crying, my loves. Daddy is going to be fine, okay?" Willow forced a smile as she tried to calm them down. She then spotted the cuts on Daniel's palms and knees. She stood up and turned to the teacher, "Please take him to a nurse to treat his wounds. I will come when I'm done."

Willow couldn't breathe properly as she walked into Nathan's word. Jayden was beside him, writing something down on his clipboard. He turned to see her. "Have you called his family?" she asked, her eyes never leaving the man on the bed.

Jayden nodded, "They will be here soon." "What's the condition?" she asked him as she got to his side. Jayden sighed and looked at her with wariness. Willow's heart sped, "Just say it."

"He hit his head hard, so he may suffer a concussion if he wakes up. If he wakes up, he may have memory loss. He also had internal bleedings but no bone was broken," Jayden said. 'Why did you say if?" Willow frowned. "The chances of him waking up are slim," Jayden said carefully and Willow felt as if she was given a blow in the stomach.

A tear dropped from her eye as she looked at Nathan. "C-can I be alone?" she asked. Jayden nodded and quickly left. When he was gone, Willow knelt beside Nathan and placed her hand on his.

"Nathan," she sniffled. "Please don't do this to me," she begged as she felt her heart ache the more. His skin was pale and almost white, showing that it would be a miracle if he survived.

"I'm begging you, Nate. Please, don't do this to me," she burst into to tears and cried into her hands. Her heart broke into a million pieces as she realized how much she had hurt him. She sniffled as she brought her fingers to his pale face. His temperature was colder than normal and she knew it was not good.

"I'm sorry, Nate. Please don't die on me," she begged as she found it hard to breathe. The door opened and Chase ran in. Willow turned to see him and his eyes widened. "This is bad!" he exclaimed in horror as he approached them. He looked at his best friend laying helpless on the hospital bed.

"No, buddy, you can't do this to me," he mumbled as he found it hard to keep his cool. In all the years he had known Nathan, it was only once he needed to go to a hospital and it just because he needed to get vaccinated.

"He'll make it," he said and turned to Willow, who looked broken and shattered. "Willow," he went to her and pulled her up. "I don't want him to die," she burst into tears as he pulled her in a hug. His eyes widened at her pain, "He won't die, don't worry."

Eve walked in with Nicole, Nadia and their parents. "Oh, my dear. Please stop the tears," Camilla cooed and went to hug Willow. "He won't die, he's a strong man," Nathan's father said.

Nadia went to her unconscious elder brother. Her heart broke seeing him like this. Unlike Noah, Nathan rarely got sick. He never really injured himself or even had a bruise. Seeing him like this wasn't something she prepared for. She sat on the chair side him and took his hand in hers.

She couldn't stop the tears from silently falling. "God loves you too much to let you die. You better wake up," she mumbled and sniffled. "Willow, I'll take the kids home," Eve told Willow when they walked into her office. "Please comfort them. I'll be home as soon as I can," Willow sniffled as she went to sit on her chair.

Chase looked from his wife to her best friend. Even though Eve wasn't crying, he knew she was shaken up but she was trying to be calm as she tried to be a rock for her best friend. "I'll be back as soon as I can," Eve said and walked out.

Chase knew he needed to fix an issue before it doubles over time.

"Willow?" he called as he sat on the chair in front of her. Willow looked at him with blood red eyes and his heart felt for her. "I know this is a bad time but I need to ask you a question," he said with a forced smile.

She nodded. "Nathan told me about what happened last night. Please, can you tell me what actually went wrong?" he asked. She blinked in surprise and exhaled. She wiped the last tear on her face and looked away from him.

"Kiara, I think, came to the house and confronted be because Nathan was sleeping with me behind her back. At first I didn't believe until she showed me her engagement ring. I felt hurt and betrayed. I felt broken because I trusted him and he trampled upon my trust like it meant nothing to him," she mumbled. She couldn't cry even if she wanted.

Chase sighed like he knew that was the case. "All Kiara said were lies. Nathan never dated anyone," he said and Willow frowned. "Why do you say that?"

He chuckled, "He's my best friend, Willow. Yes, he slept with women every once in a while but he wasn't in any relationship with anyone. Kiara is obsessed with him and loves sticking to him like a leech."

Willow's eyes widened as reality came at her like a slap on the face.

She had fucked up badly and she knew it.