25

"My summer was wasted!" Eve cried as they walked out of the dorm building. Willow rolled her eyes as she dragged her best friend down the road towards the school building. "You've been moaning about this for the past four weeks since we resume, forget about it already," She said and Evelyn scoffed.

"I still had so much to do, Will! I wanted to get a silk press," she cried. "Stop being a baby and get over it. You'll get a silk press later, September is almost over," Willow said with and eye roll.

Evelyn then let out a dramatic gasp and turned to face Willow. "Guess whose birthday is coming up in October?" she said to Willow while wiggling her brows and Willow waved her off. "I wonder how Chase keeps up with you," she mumbled and Eve pouted.

"Don't say that. It makes me seem annoying," she said. Willow gave her a deadpanned look, "You are annoying. If you keep this up, I'm not getting you any present."

Eve gasped and narrowed her eyes at her, "You wouldn't dare!"

"I have a feeling exams will be closer than we expect," Eve mumbled as she ate her slice of pizza. Willow shrugged as she chewed on her burger. They had just finished their classes for the day but still wanted to enjoy the cool weather under one of the trees.

"Awn, little Ms. Nobody is eating away her depression"

They turned to see Crystal and her minions standing in front of them. Willow knew she was referring to her but chose to ignore her. "This is a new session, Crystal. Get lost," Eve spoke in annoyance.

Crystal let out a laugh and flipped her straightened blonde hair, letting them see her newly manicured nails. Unfortunately for her, Eve and Willow weren't impressed, not to talk of intimidated.

"I knew he was going to be done with you sooner or later," she giggled and Willow frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"So you haven't seen the news?" one of Crystal's minions asked and they laughed again. "You're so pathetic," Crystal said and they walked away. Willow stared after them in confusion while Eve fished out her phone to confirm.

"Oh," was what left her mouth and caught Willow's attention. "Let me see," Willow said and collected the phone from her. "Oh," was what also left her mouth. It was a picture of Nathan holding hands with a lady about his age as they walked into a restaurant.

Jealousy and envy crept up her spin when she saw how beautiful the lady was. She then saw the headlines.

"The new heir of the Reyes company is set to have started his love life on a good note," she read out loud and Eve scoffed. "Just so you know, it's the press. They make anything out of nothing, so be rest assured that nothing is going on," Eve said to her and Willow shrugged.

"I don't know what to feel. I don't even know if I'm supposed to feel jealous," she mumbled and handed Eve her phone. "You have every right to feel jealous, but don't let it get to you. Nathan loves you, keep that in mind," Eve said to her.

Absentmindedly, Willow nodded and then the left over burger in her hand didn't look enticing anymore. She placed the left over back in its paper bag and laid her back on the tree. Noticing how her mood had changed, Eve sighed and poked her thigh.

"Let's go and see him then," she said and Willow shook her head. "He's at work," she said and Eve rolled her eyes. "What about tonight? I could organize a date night. It'll be me, you and the guys," she suggested.

Willow shook her head with a shrug and got to her feet. "It depends on the guys. Let's not do something inconvenient for them, "she said and Eve nodded as she stood up. "Let's go back to the dorms, I want to sleep," Willow said and they began walking towards the dorm building.

"When was the last time you guys talked?" Eve asked. "This morning," her friend answered curtly and Eve sighed. "I don't like this version of you," she stated making Willow look up at her with a frown.

"What version of me?"

Eve glared at her. "You sound like a dead robot, if that makes any sense! You should know that it's because the press loves gossip that's why they're doing this," she said. Willow rolled her eyes, "I hope you do know that Nathan said we should stop seeing each other publicly, like in restaurants, diners and stuffs like that."

Eve rolled her eyes too. "It's obvious he doesn't want his personal life to be on the internet. That's the same thing Chase said to me. It won't be a nice thing if he had his whole personal life on the media, okay?"

Not wanting her best friend to worry about her, Willow nodded and gave her a smile. "Are we watching Netflix this night?" she asked as they walked into the building. "Yup. My room by nine and bring that popcorn that grandma gave you," Eve told her. "I'm saving it for special moments," Willow said and Eve scoffed. "When it expires, you'll know the true meaning of special moment," she said and Willow laughed. They waved each other bye and went to their various rooms.

Willow sighed as she approached her bed and pulled off her clothes. She grabbed a large t-shirt from her study chair and climbed her bed. A sigh left her lips again as she fondled with her phone, contemplating whether to call Nathan or text him.

She then decided texting him would be a safer option.

Typing a 'hey', she hit the send button and placed her phone beside her before closing her closing. It felt like forever and she was about to fall asleep when her phone began to ring. Her eyes shot open and she nearly had a cardiac arrest. She let out a breath of relief and answered the call.

"Hello?" her voice was groggy.

"Were you sleeping?" Nathan's voice filled her eyes and her heart melted. She wished she could see him right now. "Did I disturb you?" she said as she adjusted herself to lay on her stomach and placed the phone on speaker.

"Actually, no. I'm sorry I'm just seeing your message. Today was hectic and I'm so close to vanishing from the earth right now," he said with a sigh and she giggled. "You sound like a baby," she said and he snorted making her laugh. "Well, I'm your baby but it doesn't mean I should like how my life is going. I'd rather be serving as a bartender," he said and she rolled her eyes.

"Now, you're being dramatic," she commented. "Enough about me. How was school?" he asked her. She then remembered the Crystal incident and her mood dampened. "It was normal, I guess. But the pressure of exams was back breaking," she said and he chuckled.

"I'll make time to see you, I promise," he said and she smiled. "Thank you, Nate," she said. "There's nothing to thank me for. I love you," Nathan said and her heart nearly exploded in happiness. "I love you too."