40

Willow woke up the next morning to a familiar warmth all over her body. Her eyes fell on a pair of strong arms around her waist. She looked at the digital clock on her nightstand, it was four in the morning. She let out a sigh and a small gasp left her mouth when Nathan pulled her closer. She wasn't even wearing anything, apart from his shirt.

"You awake?" she heard him whisper. She nodded and sat up while he placed his head on her lap. She was surprised by his actions but it didn't mean she didn't like it. Nathan was happy she didn't push him away.

"You're not going to work today?" she asked him. "I'm the boss," he said and she rolled her eyes, bringing her hand to his hair and caressing it. "I'm going to work," she said. "But it's a Saturday," Nathan pointed out and she shrugged.

"I only have a day off on Sundays. But I'm going late today, I want to sleep in," she said and he looked up at her. Her heart melted when she saw the emotions in his eyes. "Thank you for letting me stay," he said as he sat up. She smiled and waved him off before getting off the bed.

"I want to take a bath before I come back to sleep," she said and Nathan nodded watching her leave.

"So, are you guys together now?" Eve asked her. Willow shook her head as she took a sip of her coke. "I'm not buying that," Eve scoffed and crossed her arms. "I thought you came here to check your vitals," Willow said and she rolled her eyes.

"We both know that was a lie. You're always busy, so this was the only way to see you," Eve said and Willow smiled. "But you're also busy, so we should share the blame equally," she said and Eve laughed.

"But you still love him, don't you?"

Willow's eyes fell on her desk as she played with her can of coke. "What makes you think that?" she mumbled. "Willow, I know you both inside and out. I know that you never stopped loving this man even after you left. I'm sure he loves you too, both you are both too stubborn to accept it," Eve told her.

Willow shook her head and looked at her best friend. "Evelyn, you know how we hurt ourselves because of this. I'm scared of everything," she admitted. Evelyn's heart softened and she gave her a warm smile. "That was five years ago. We are all more mature now. Do you want to remain a single mom forever?"

Willow shrugged, "it's not that bad, you know." Eve rolled her eyes, "If Nathan asked you to be his girlfriend again, what would be your answer?"

"How do you expect me to know?" Willow glared at him. Eve gave her a blank stare, "Well, because you're in love with him and you don't want to admit it. Give the guy a chance."

"He doesn't have feelings for me. We're just this close because we need to be friends in order to raise the kids properly," Willow denied. Eve scoffed, "At this point, I need you to stop overthinking everything. You'll soon stick out like a sore thumb." Willow sighed, "I don't want to be followed by the press. I don't want to get mixed up in a sick story that can ruin my career and my kids' future."

Eve understood what she meant but it didn't mean she didn't know what to say. "Maybe you should stop thinking about you and your kids for a second and think about him. I'm sure he'd do anything to protect you from the press. It's not our fault we see our faces on the newspapers. I even saw my wedding photos on the daily news last Sunday," she said with an eye roll and Willow laughed.

Eve was right. She needed to put herself in Nathan's shoes too. "I'm always thankful I met you," Willow said and Eve grinned. "Your life would have been so boring and sad," she said and Willow shook her head with a disappointed sigh.

"I've got something to tell you!" Eve clapped her hands and brought out a paper from her bag. Willow frowned as she collected it and opened it to read. Her eyes widened and a gasp left her.

"You're pregnant?" She exclaimed as she shot out of her seat and went to hug her. "No, Chase is," Eve rolled her eyes and was earned a knock on the heard. "Stop being sarcastic, idiot," Willow said as she pulled away with a happy smile. "I'm so happy for you!"

Eve laughed, "Thank you, Will. Honestly, I'm scared. Chase cried when I told him, I nearly fainted when I saw him cry."

Yup, that's Chase alright.

"Don't worry, Eve. I'm here for you!" Willow said and pulled her in a hug.

"She won't agree, mom," Nathan said to his mother. Camilla rolled her eyes and waved him off. "You haven't even tried and you're already thinking negative," she said and Nathan sighed, running his hand through his already messy hair. "Mom, I know what I'm saying. Willow has become more independent. She'd turn me down if I ask her and I've already been turned down a lot by her," he said to her.

Camilla looked at her son. She could feel the emotions through his voice. She knew he was in love with Willow, no matter how he tried to hide it. She was his mother after all; she could read him like a book even if others couldn't.

Her mind went to the time they broke up, five years ago. She was watering her garden when she saw her son walk in through the gates. She was scared when he walked into the house with tears in his eyes.

He drank himself to stupor and cried for Willow. Then she knew he was heartbroken.

"You love that girl, Nathaniel," she stated. Nathan narrowed his eyes at her, "What makes you think so?" Camilla stared at him blankly, "Do you really want to know? Come on, son. Do you want to let this opportunity slip through your fingers again?"

"Mom, she doesn't love me. We're just this close because of the kids," he told her. She rolled her eyes, "Oh really? Then make up because of the kids. Are you telling me you want to marry another woman, instead of facing your problems?"

"Mom, I'm not marrying another woman," Nathan told her.

Camilla raised a brow, "So you want to remain single for the rest of your life? You want die as an old man with no family or happiness?"

Nathan groaned, "Mom..."

"Don't 'mom' me. If your great grandfather saw this, do you think he'd be happy with you? You're lucky he let you run the company," she told him. "Fine, mom. I'll ask her to move in with me. Don't be surprised when she gives me a big fat no," he glared at her. His mother grinned triumphantly, "She can't say no. She's Willow." Nathan scoffed, "And I'm what? Sir Hamilton?"

"Don't play smart with me, you nitwit!" she pointed a finger at him and he rolled his eyes. "Why can't you disturb your other son?"

"Oh I am. I can disturb both of you at the same time. You're both idiots," his mother said and raised her phone to show him that she was texting Noah.

"This woman," he thought to himself in frustration. "If you don't mind me, I'm going on a date with your father," Camilla said with an excited tone as she got up from her seat. "Enjoy yourself," he waved her off as she walked towards the door of his office.

"I need a response by tomorrow evening, six to be precise!!" she said and walked out of his office. He scowled and crossed his arms across his chest. "Why is she bent on embarrassing me?" he mumbled to himself as he spun his chair around, so he could look at the window.

He sighed and then picked up his phone.