31

"Thank you, doctor," the woman said as she stood up. Willow smiled at her and waved her bye. Once the woman left, she let out a sigh of relief and rubbed her temples. She was having a headache and it was getting the best of her.

"You look a little pale. Is it the change in environment?" she looked up to see Dr. Jayden walk in. He was her colleague; a tall man with brown hair, honey brown eyes and a charming smile. He was the only friend she managed to make at the hospital while working as a part time doctor.

"It's nothing, I just didn't get much sleep last night," Willow told him. He chuckled and went to sit on the empty seat in front of her desk. "Were the kids hyperactive?" he asked and she shook her head. "No, they were surprisingly very obedient," she said and he laughed.

"I get what you mean. The same goes for my daughter, but she's never obedient to her mother," he said and Willow smiled. "She's a typical daddy's girl," she said and he nodded. He was about to say something when his phone rang.

He looked at the caller ID and laughed, showing her the screen. "Speaking of the devil," he said and they laughed. He excused himself and left the office. Willow sighed and looked at the newspaper on her desk.

Her breath hitched when she saw Nathan's photo on the cover page. He was shaking hands with the President. She didn't even bother to read the headlines; all she did was stare at him.

"He's more beautiful than ever," she mumbled as touched the paper. Her phone rang, drawing her out of her sad moment. She saw the caller and sighed, answering it.

"How may I help you?" she asked. "I just finished my last exams. It was torture!" Lilian cried out in her ears making her laugh. "That's good, you can hang out with Jude now," Willow teased. "You're having fun doing this, aren't you?" Lilian spoke and she laughed.

She looked at the time and realized she needed to pick up the kids from school. "Are you coming over to babysit or should I still look for a care taker?" she asked as she stood up.

"No! why the hell would you eve say that? Don't you know we live in an evil world these days? I'm already heading to your house!" Lilian exclaimed and she laughed. "I'll see you there," she said and hung up.

Willow got out of the car and made her way into the school building. She remembered the direction to her kids' class and went there. School was over and parents were picking up their children, Willow hoped hers didn't run off to only God knows where. She got to the class and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" she heard the voice of the teacher and walked in. she immediately spotted her kids at the corner. Wave was asleep while Daniel was coloring in his book. He raised his head to see his mother and ran to her, "Mommy!" Willow smiled and hugged him, "Hey sweetie."

She went to meet the class teacher who greeted her with a smile. "Hello, Ms. Sawyer," the lady greeted. Willow smiled at her, "Thank you for today. I hope they didn't cause any trouble." The woman shook her head, "They were perfectly obedient and made friends easily." Willow was relieved to hear that. "I'm glad," she said and ruffled Daniel's hair. "We'll be leaving now," She said as she went to carry her daughter into her arms.

"Thank you, Ms. Parker," Daniel said and waved at his teacher. "See you tomorrow, Daniel," the teacher waved at him and they walked out of the classroom.

"So you enjoyed today, didn't you?" Willow asked her son as they walked down the hallway. Daniel nodded happily as he balanced their lunch boxes on in his hands. "But I think Wave might be sick," he said and his mother frowned.

"Why do you say that?" she asked as they walked out of the building and approached her car in the parking lot. "She was pouting throughout today and she didn't want to play with anyone, not even the girl that looks like her," Daniel replied.

Willow's head snapped to his when she heard his last statement.

There was a girl that looked like Wave?
"What girl?" she asked him. She gently laid her daughter in the backseat and allowed Daniel to sit beside her. She got into the driver's seat and began to drive. "Well, there's a girl in our class that looks exactly like Wave," Daniel explained.

"Everyone thinks they're sisters but our last names are different," he added. Willow didn't bother to ask for more details. "Can you tell them apart?" she asked him. He nodded, "Wave is shorter and her hair is brown while Kassie has black hair."

"Good boy, that's all that matters. Don't forget that it's your right to protect your sister from bullies, okay?" she said. "Okay. But what if I get hurt in the process?" he asked her.

She turned to give him a smile, "Your sister will give you a true love's kiss and the pain will go away." Her son grinned and nodded.

It was something that she always told them, so the bond between them would be strong. She made them believe that their kisses would make any pain go away and make them always help each other when they get hurt.

"Mommy?"

"Yes Daniel?"
"When is daddy coming home?" her son asked. Willow's shoulders sagged at the question. She wished her kids would stop asking about their father but she knew it was not possible.

"He's still very busy, love. Why do you ask?" she said. "Plenty kids were coming with their daddy," he said and Willow's heart clenched in pain. "Don't worry, your daddy will soon come home. and do you know what will happen?" she asked.

Her son grinned, "He'll take Wave and I on an ice cream date!"

Willow nodded and clicked her tongue. "Exactly, and mommy will make her special fajita for all of us," she said and he nodded happily. "Can I write another letter again tonight? I want to tell daddy about my first day of school," he said and Willow nodded. "Yes, my love," Willow said to him and he squealed happily.

Willow did well to mask her sadness as she drove home. she parked the car and carried Wave into the house with Daniel following after her. Lilian was in the kitchen cooking steak.

"Aunt Lily!" Daniel squealed and went to hug his aunt.

Noah, Nathan and Chase were at a bar relaxing and talking about how their day went. "I'm pretty sure there's someone among the people taking pictures of us right now," Nathan said in an annoyed tone as he took a sip of his bourbon. His brother and best friend laughed at him.

"We need a break from fame," Chase said and they nodded in agreement. "How's the wedding preparations coming?" Nathan asked him. "It's going fine. I hope you canceled all the plans for Saturday. I can't have my best man snitching on me," Chase narrowed his eyes at him and Noah laughed.

Nathan rolled his eyes, "I'm not that inconsiderate." Noah snorted and that earned him a punch on the arm.

"How is Blake taking in the first day of second grade?" Chase asked him. "The little guy complained about having too much assignments when there are just three!" Noah exclaimed and they laughed. "I hope Kim isn't planning on throwing him away. Her pregnancy stage is scary," Nathan said and they nodded.

Noah cringed knowing his wife would still murder him for not coming home early. Then he remembered what his son had told him when they were coming home.

"I heard something," he said, gaining their attention. "What did you hear?" Nathan asked.

"Blake said a teacher asked him if he had a twin brother," Noah said and they frowned. "Why would the teacher ask that type of question?" Chase asked and Noah shrugged. "I was confused too but he told me that he heard that a boy in fifth grade looked like him," he said.

Chase's eyes slightly widened but he hid his expression. "People look like people," he said with a shrug and they nodded. That was the end of the topic.