37

It has been a month since Willow and her kids had moved to L.A. and everything was now going smoothly. She and Nathan had come up with the system of how they would give them equal attention. Nathan would pick them up from school and spend the evening with them until either Lilian or Eve comes to look after them, and then Willow will take over from there.

Today was Thursday and the twins' fiftieth birthday was going to be on Saturday. She was to meet with Nathan and his family today to sort everything out. She couldn't even explain how nervous and scared she saw; the last time she had seen them was before they broke up five years ago.

She drove through the gates and parked by the garage. "God, please don't let me mess up," she mumbled as she got out of the car and put her keys in her bag. She hoped they didn't already hate her for leaving their son. Who was she kidding? They have the right to hate her for this unwanted drama she caused.

Shaking her head, she made her way to the front door and pressed the doorbell. A few seconds later, the door opened to reveal Nathan's younger sister, Nadia. She felt a sense of déjà vu and it made her want to turn around and run away.

Nadia had grown much over the past years and she looked a lot like Nicole now.

"Willow, hi," she greeted cheerfully. Willow blinked at her cherry behavior before forcing a smile. "H-hi," she stuttered as Nadia led her in. "They're in the living room," she said as they walked down the hallway. Willow quietly followed behind her into the living room where the rest of Nathan's family sat.

They all looked up to see them walk in and Willow felt out of place under their gaze. "Oh my, is it me or you've grown more beautiful over the years!" Camilla got out of her seat beside her husband and went to hug her. Surprised by her actions, Willow nearly faltered in her steps.

"Good afternoon, Camilla," she greeted her when they pulled away. "Come take a seat," the older woman said and led her to the couch where Nathan sat. Nathan narrowed his eyes at his mother who rolled her eyes in return.

"Now that you're here, we can finally get to talk about everything," Camilla said as she took her seat beside her husband. Everyone nodded in agreement.

Mark, Nathan's father cleared his throat and turned to Willow. "Willow, how are you?" he asked. "I'm fine, Mr. Reyes," she smiled a little. Nathan couldn't help but glance at her. He didn't even bother to deny how beautiful she looked. Her long hair in a ponytail made him want to move closer to her. Even though he had never imagined her with long hair, he knew she'd look beautiful with it.

"So, we were all thinking about letting all the kids meet each other," Camilla went straight to the point. "I think they go to the same school," Noah said to her. She glared at him, "But they don't know they're related, idiot. Learn to use your brain."

Willow covered her mouth to hide her giggle at their behavior. She missed being with this people, they were always lively.

"I want to meet my other grandchildren. Nicole told me they all look alike," Nathan's father said. Willow nodded, "It seems so." "It's called family genes," Nicole said and turned to her. "I nearly mistook yours for mine when I came to pick Kassie up. It was the necklace that made me know the difference," she said and Willow smiled.

"But Wave looks like Willow too. You can see Willow on her face," Noah said. "Now that's what I like!" Camilla exclaimed.

"I'm the only one that doesn't have a kid, why am I here?" Nadia butted in with an uninterested look. Her mother waved her off, "You'll soon get married, learn from us." The younger one rolled her eyes and crossed her arm.

"Nathan hasn't said anything," she said and Nathan shot daggers at her. "It's true. Speak, son," Camilla turned to him. Willow's heart sped when everyone kept quiet, waiting for him to speak. She didn't know why her heart was behaving like this.

"I don't know, ma. Anything Willow's comfortable with, I'll be fine with it," he said with a shrug and Willow silently exhaled. "Where should we have the birthday party?" Camilla asked Willow.

She blinked, "Birthday party?"

The rest nodded. "Of course a birthday party. They can even invite their friends over," Nicole said. Willow fiddled with her thumb. Her kids inherited the introverted side from her and they never had a birthday party. Instead, it would just be her, the twins, grandma, her dad and sister.

"I was thinking it would be just me and them," she admitted. "Oh," Camilla mouthed and then clapped her hands.

"We'll celebrate it here. It'll be like a surprise, how about that?"

After the family discussion, Camilla asked to see Willow in the kitchen. Without saying a word to the others, they both left.

They walked into the kitchen and the elderly woman turned to face her. "Did I mention how beautiful you've become?" she asked and Willow's cheeks heated. "Please don't flatter me, Camilla," she mumbled and Camilla laughed.

"I knew what happened," she said after some time. Willow looked down at her feet ad she played with her fingers. She didn't know what to say. "I understand if you're angry with me," she said and the woman scoffed. "Nonsense, I didn't blame any of you. And I still don't," she said and Willow frowned.

She sounded just like her grandmother. "Why?"

"You were both young and things weren't going smoothly. I knew it was hard for both of you. Believe me, I wanted to reach out to you but he told me not to," Camilla said. Willow didn't understand the sadness she felt inside her. "I know I hurt him," she mumbled.

"I won't lie about that. But I know he hurt you too; you were both hurting," Camilla said. "Everything is fine now," Willow said with a smile and the woman nodded.