8

"I wanted vegetables," Eve whined as she picked a slice of the pizza and began to eat. Willow rolled her eyes, "Stop being bitchy and eat it like that."

"You're being like a mom," her best friend pouted as she laid her head on Willow's lap. They were under one of the trees in the campus, enjoying the cool weather that came as a surprise that day.

"Someone needs to keep you in check before you kill someone for bumping into you accidently," Willow rolled her eyes and began to eat her pizza. Evelyn snorted and adjusted her head on her best friend's lap.

"So where were you yesterday?" she asked. Willow stopped mid-chew, "What do you mean?" "You did say you were going out but you didn't tell me where. Not to mention that you were gone all day," Eve pointed out.

"Um," Willow thought of what to say. "Is there something you're not telling me?" her best friend sat up and narrowed her eyes at her. Willow shook her head, "It's not that."

"Then what is it?" Eve raised a thick brow. "I went on a date," Willow said in a low voice and Eve blinked before letting out a laugh. "You're joking, right?" she asked but Willow shook her head. "I'm actually serious right now. I know you'll not believe me, but I'm actually dating someone," she mumbled. Evelyn straightened her posture and looked at Willow with a skeptical look.

Willow, on the other hand, was trying to maintain her breathing pattern. She hated lying, especially lying to her grandmother and best friend.

"You're telling me that you, Willow Sawyer, the girl that would rather date a cat than a real human being, is dating a real human being?" Eve asked after much silence.

Willow gave her an unfazed look. "You're indirectly saying you don't believe me," she stated. "Duh. How come I didn't know about this? Who is the mystery guy that you couldn't talk to me about?" Eve raised a brow at her.

"Lower your voice. The last thing I need is my name to be gossiped about around the campus," Willow glared at her. Eve rolled her eyes, "Start speaking before I decide whether to be mad at you or not."

"He's Nathan," Willow sighed. Evelyn frowned, "Nathan who?"

Willow gave her a look that said 'seriously, girl?'

Her eyes widened, "You mean 'the' Nathan Reyes? The number one heartthrob that everyone wants to die for? The one that I was tempted to get a poster of him and paste in my room? That Nathan?!"

Willow jumped forward to covered her mouth with her palms, silencing her in the process and them falling to the ground with a thud.

"My pizza," Eve whined as she pulled Willow's hands away from her mouth. "Shut up," Willow groaned, not opening her eyes. She had hit her head on the bark of the tree when she fell and it was painful.

"Trying to be one with nature?" her heart nearly failed when she heard Nathan's voice. "You looking good today," Eve grinned at him when he stood in front of them with Chase. "Thanks. You guys don't have class?" he asked them as he looked at their positions.

"Not until evening," Eve answered. "We're done for the day," Chase said and she nodded. He then looked at Willow who was still in her position while Eve began to sit up. "What happened to her?" he pointed at her. Willow knew they were talking about her but she remained quiet.

"She has a tummy ache so we were cuddling," Eve answered and Willow opened her eyes to glare at her.

"Don't mind her, she hit her head somewhere," she said as she sat up and sighed before blowing away the hair covering her face. Her eyes fell on the guys and her cheeks heated. How could they be so fine when they made no effort at all?
they were both dressed in dark washed jeans and a light blue round neck shirt paired with black Air Jordans.

"Did you to plan this?" she motioned to their outfits. Nathan rolled his eyes. "It was a coincidence," he sighed. "But we do look like the ideal gay couple, don't we?" Chase grinned as he wrapped his arm around his neck. Nathan pushed him off, "Get lost." The girls laughed at this.

"I need to speak with Willow, please," Nathan said to Eve as he held out his hand for Willow. "What if I say no?" Willow challenged as she crossed her arms and looked away. He rolled his eyes and grabbed her waist before pulling her up, making her yelp.

"Are you crazy?" she hissed at him and he grinned before turning to her best friend. "Do I have your permission?" he asked. Evelyn looked like she was surprised but she had happiness in her eyes.

She then clapped and told him to go on. "Chase will keep you company," Nathan said and began to walk away from them, dragging Willow along with her. "If you plan on kidnapping me, I have pepper spray?" she stated as she looked around to see if people were watching.

Definitely, a few number of people were watching them. "I'm sure you do not own it at all," Nathan commented and she rolled her eyes. She was sure that there would be serious gossip by the end of the day.

They got to another tree that was a bit far from where they were coming from and he sat under it, pulling her along with him. "I see that you love touching my hand too much," Willow rolled her eyes. "If you like, I can touch other places," he whispered in her ear and her eyes widened.

Seeing her cheeks redden, he burst out laughing.

"Fucking asshole!" she hit his shoulder and he laughed harder. She didn't mind because his laughter was rich and carefree. She didn't know she could make him laugh like that, it felt refreshing.

"So why did you drag me from my best friend?" she asked him. "A guy can't enjoy the company of his girlfriend alone?" he raised a brow at her and she rolled her eyes knowing her was being sarcastic.

"I'm serious," she said to him. "I've told Chase about it. He seemed cool with it," Nathan said as he laid his back on the bark of the tree. "I was in the process of telling Eve," she did the same thing, her faze on her jean clad lap.

"How did it go?" he asked her. "She was freaking out in a way and that's why you guys met us on the floor," she said and he chuckled. "I think the stunt I pulled made it look easier now," he said and she nodded. "So you're done with classes for today," she said and he nodded.

"Monday isn't really that hectic for me," he said and she scoffed. "Monday is the day I question the day I was born," she mumbled and he chuckled. "People are watching," Willow groaned as she saw the glances passers-by were giving them.

Nathan chuckled, "That's the best part. My parents will believe easily like that." "But why do they want you to get a girlfriend real quick?" Willow found herself asking. "My great grandfather had this tradition that women have the ability to keep the men in check, so you are meant to have a woman by the age of twenty. Which by the way is bullshit to me," he explained and she giggled.

"The tradition isn't that bad. It means they respect women in your family," she said and he rolled his eyes. "If I don't get a girlfriend, they'll force me with someone and it's always a gold digger," he mumbled. She then grinned at him, "So you're lucky to have me."

He turned to face her and pinched her cheek making her glare at him. "I think you'll be a good girlfriend, won't you?" he asked her. She rolled her eyes and snorted, "Only if you're a good boyfriend."

He chuckled and pulled her unto his lap. Her eyes widened, "We're in public!"

He looked at her with amusement, "So you don't want to kiss me in public?" Willow's cheeks heated when he placed her hands on her hips. "We're in sight of people. There will be serious gossip in school," she said to him. "So what? Let them gossip," he said and pulled her down to kiss him.

She slowly eased in and he deepened the kiss. They pulled away to catch their breaths and she glared at him while he grinned at her. "You're having fun doing this, aren't you?" she asked as she caught her breath.

"You're talking like you are not having fun," he raised a brow at her. "I've never been paid to be someone's girlfriend before," she rolled her eyes. "Don't worry, you get to receive enough love and attention from me," he grinned. She scoffed, "I should be lucky, shouldn't I?"

"Let's go and meet the others before they hunt us down," Nathan said and helped her get off him.