45

It was a Sunday evening. Willow was seated on the floor in the living room, typing her report in her laptop while her kids played with Star. "Be careful, kids," she said, not looking up from her work as she heard them scream excitedly. Willow rolled her eyes at their enjoyment.

Then, she heard the front door slam shut loudly, causing her to frown. She didn't expect Nathan to come home early.

She looked up and frowned deeper when she saw a slim but familiar woman storm in. her eyes widened, "she was the woman she met at Nathan's office." But she couldn't remember her name.

"So it's actually you!" Kiara snared at Willow, seeing her comfortable on the floor in Nathan's house. Nathan rarely let people at his home, except they were family or very close to him. Why would he allow someone like her here?

"Huh?" Willow frowned in confusion. Kiara's eyes fell on the two kids that were playing with the dog. So he has kids with this woman? Was she his wife?

"No, it couldn't be possible," she thought to herself as she approached Willow who was already getting to her feet. "You're the one Nathan is cheating on me with," Kiara narrowed her eyes at her.

"Excuse me?" Willow frowned. Then she remembered her kids were around. She turned to them, "Waverly, Daniel go upstairs with Star." The two kids nodded reluctantly but left when they saw the penetrating glare of the unknown woman.

"I think there is a misunderstanding," Willow said to her. Kiara chuckled darkly, "Oh really? My boyfriend comes to meet me during the day while he fucks a whore at night?"

That hit Willow hard. "Don't you dare call me that?" she glared at her as her nose flared in anger. She wouldn't lose control and choose violence. She was better than that.

"Call you what? A whore? Isn't that what you are? Aren't you ashamed of yourself for what you have done?" Kiara glared at her as fake tears fell down from her cheeks. "I have been with Nathan for as long as I can remember. I was there when he had his ups and downs. And he repays me by fucking another woman!" she screamed at her.

Willow didn't know what to say. All she could think of was why would Nathan do that.

"He loves me, not you. He says it every time he makes love to me. He even proposed to me," Kiara showed her her left hand that had an engagement ring on it. She internally smirked when she saw Willow's facial expression turned from confusion to betrayal.

"Leave!" Willow pointed at the door. Her work her was done, Kiara did a victory dance in her head. "I will be sure to inform the press about this," she said and walked out of the house.

Immediately she left, Willow fell to her knees and tried to control her breathing. "No, this can't be happening," she mumbled to herself as she tried to calm her heartbeat but nothing would work.

"Mommy?" she looked up through blurry eyes to see her children run to her. They hugged her and the warmth made her break down. She couldn't hold her tears any longer and burst into fits of sobs.

"Mommy, what did that mean woman say to you?" Wave started to tear up. "Nothing baby, I'm fine," Willow knew they could tell she was lying. How will a grown woman like her be fine and cry? "Mommy, please talk," Daniel begged as he hugged her tighter. "Mommy, you're scaring me," Wave cried.

Willow couldn't do anything to comfort them. Her heart was aching so badly. Why would Nathan do this to her? To the kids? Why would he lie? What did she do to him?

"D-Daniel, I'm f-fine," she choked but her son refused to believe it. "Mommy, please stop crying," he said as he wiped her unending tears. He hated how her mother was in pain but he didn't know why. "Should I call daddy?" he asked and Willow shook her head.

It was then that Nathan walked in.

"Daddy!" Wave cried and went to hug her father. Nathan frowned when he saw his daughter crying and his eyes widened when he saw Willow crying and his son trying to comfort her. "Willow," he said but she stood up and ran up the stairs.

"Mommy!" Daniel wanted to go after her but Nathan stopped him. "Take your sister to bed and calm her down, okay son?"

Daniel nodded, thankful that his father was around to fix what was wrong. He watched as his father went up the stairs and then turned to his now quiet sister. "Come, let's go to bed," he stretched out his hand and she nodded quietly before wobbling over to him.

"Willow, what's wrong?" Nathan asked as he walked into their room. She was on the floor by the bed with her knees up to her chest. She was no longer crying but she was still shaking. She didn't answer him and kept her gaze on the floor in front of her.

He sighed and approached her. "Don't come closer," her voice was raspy but he heard her. "Why? What did I do this time?" he frowned. She then looked up at him and his eyes widened.

She wasn't glaring at him but he could see sadness and hurt in her puffy eyes. "Why did you lie to me?" she asked him with a broken voice. "I didn't lie to you about anything," Nathan frowned. What did she hear? What happened this time

"Must you lie about everything? You're just using me, aren't you?" a lone tear fell down her cheek as she stood up. "What the hell?" he glared at her. Why would he ask her that type of question? "Willow, why would you even think like that?" he asked her with frustration. "Please don't come after me," she said to him and walked past him, out of the room.

Nathan looked at the door where she had just left and contemplated whether going after her or not. His mind was not at rest. He wanted her to talk to him, to iron out the problems but it seemed that Willow did not want to see him.

Nathan let out a frustrated sigh as he went to sit on the bed. 'Why would she think that?" he mumbled to himself.

That night, Willow cried herself to sleep in the guest bedroom while Nathan could barely get a wink of sleep in his distressed state. All he could do was try to think of what he could have done wrong to make her feel this way.