24

Not understanding what was going on, Nathan and Lilian looked at each other.

"What are you doing with my sister?" Willow asked with narrowed eyes. She couldn't believe she was seeing this man right now. "He was helping me with my work," Lilian replied with a confused face.

"You guys know each other?" Nathan decided to intervene. "Knew," Willow corrected and he got the hint that it wasn't a nice memory. Seeing the bouquet in her hands, Kaden connected the dots and stood up with a fake grin.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Kaden," he said. "Nathan," Nathan replied.

"I need air," Willow mumbled and gave the bouquet to Nathan before running out of the café. She ran to a bench by the parking lot and sat down, burying her face in her hands. She couldn't believe this was happening.

Emotions came rushing into her like a wave and she felt choked up. She hadn't seen him since the day they broke up and she didn't think she was ready to see him again.

"Willow"

She looked up to see Kaden standing in front of her with his hands in his pockets. He was dressed in a pair of jeans with a blue round neck and his blonde hair was now curled.

"What are you doing here? I thought you left for Canada?" She asked him and he gave her a small smile. "I came to see my mom; I just graduated," he said with a light shrug and she nodded.

"Congratulations," she said and stood up to leave but he caught her hand, stopping her. She turned to look at him with blurry eyes.

All the memories of their last encounter came rushing into her mind as she tried to pull away from his grip. "Let go," she mumbled but he shook his head. "Listen to me, Willow," he said and she shook her head.

"No, you listen to me. I don't actually want to talk to you. Please let me go," she said glaring at him. "Hear me out first. I promise we'll never cross paths after this," he pleaded.

She pulled her hand free and sighed, looking away. "I'm listening," she said.

Kaden glanced at her and sighed when he saw how unhappy she was to see him.

"Look, Willow. I regret what I did to you, I regret it every day," he started and she chuckled. "Oh really, Kaden? Then why did you do it?" she raised a brow at him making him sigh.

"I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean to hurt you. I don't know why I did it but I'm sorry. I've wanted to meet you even though I'm sure you never want to see my face ever again. All I want is your forgiveness," he said to her with emotions swirling in his eyes.

Willow hiccupped when she felt unwanted emotions swelling up in her heart. She never loved anyone the way she loved this guy. She did everything she could for him, only for him to cheat on her with her close friend.

"I forgave you a long time ago, Kaden. I just don't want to see you and remember anything anymore," she mumbled and sniffled as she tried her best not to cry. Kaden wished he could stop being the reason for her tears. "I know I made you cry a lot, Willow. I honestly am sorry for that. I regret losing you but it doesn't mean I can have you anymore. The guy you're with seems like a good guy. I wish you well. I'll go now," he mumbled and walked away to his car.

Willow watched him get into the car and drive off. She exhaled shakily and walked back into the café to see her sister and Nathan talking happily. They turned to see her and Nathan quickly went to meet her.

"Are you okay?" he asked and she nodded. She turned to look at Lilian. "Let's continue at home," she said and she nodded.

"Let's watch despicable me!" Lilian said and Willow pushed her off of her. "Get off me, you sack of potatoes. I want to sleep," she said she laid on her bed. Lilian knew she wasn't really in a good mood and her attempt to hide it was a big fail.

"Do you want to talk about it?" she asked her. Willow sighed and looked at her. "I'll need to apologize to Nate later too," she mumbled and sighed again. She sat up and rubbed her face.

"That guy, Kaden. He was my first everything. I really liked in when I was in high school, but he was my senior while I was in Junior year. Getting to the point, he asked me out and we started dating. Everything was going smoothly, he treated me like a princess and would always make time to see me," Willow said with a small smile as she remembered those memories.

"Our relationship wasn't fairies and pixie dusts though, but we always got over it. Grandma liked him too. He got into university and became distant a little. I didn't think much about it until I got into university. We weren't in the same university; he was studying in Canada," she said and then explained how she caught him having sex with her close friend at her own birthday party.

"I nearly failed because I was too depressed though," Willow said with a chuckle trying to lighten up the mood when she saw the gloom on her sister's face. "You were really hurt?" Lilian asked her quietly. "Yup, but it's fine now," Willow told her and pinched her cheek. "Let's make snacks and then watch whatever you want to watch," she said. Lilian looked at her, "Will it cheer you up?"

Willow nodded, "Of course it will, as long as I have you." Lilian then hugged her and got off the bed. "Meet me in the kitchen, I'll tell grandma we're making cookies," she said and left the room.

Willow smiled and quickly brought out her phone to call Nathan. After two rings, he answered.

"Willow"

The tone of his voice made her chest tighten.

"I'm sorry, Nate," she mumbled as she played with the hem of her sweater. Nathan chuckled, "There's nothing to apologize for. I understand everything."

Willow smiled, "I love you."

"Awn, I love you too my small puppy," he said and she rolled her eyes. "I've never felt such an instant regret in my life," she mumbled and he laughed.