30

FIVE YEARS LATER....

"Are you sure about this, sweetie?" Grandma asked Willow as she watched her move the boxes into the back of her Sedan. Willow rolled her eyes and looked at her grandma. "Seriously, ma. We've talked about this about a billion times," Willow said to her as she approached her.

Her grandmother sighed and followed her into the house. "I'm just saying. I won't be able to monitor the kids anymore. You know I'm not getting younger," she said and Willow laughed. "Don't worry, I'll bring them on some weekends. We're not travelling to another country. It's just L.A. it's not the end of the world," she said and her grandmother sighed.

"You've already become too mature for your own good," she said and Willow smiled. "I'm going to get the kids from Mrs. Kris, we have a long day ahead of us," she said and grandma nodded, watching her leave.

Willow walked down the street towards their neighbor's house. She got to the door and knocked. "I'm coming!" the sound of the cherry woman was heard and Willow waited. The door opened to reveal a chubby elderly woman, a little younger than grandma Marie with a beaming smile.

"Awn, you're back too soon," she said with a pout and Willow smiled. "I'm sorry," she said and walked in. "Kids, your home's home to take you," the woman announced as they walked into the living room.

"Mommy!" Daniel ran down the stairs and went to hug his mother. "Sweetheart," Willow kissed his cheek and ruffled his hair. "Where's your sister?" she frowned when she didn't see any sign of his twin.

"She's taking a dump," he stated and the older women chuckled. "Mommy, my butt hurts!" they looked up to see the little four year old girl whining as she walked down the stairs. She was sweating and her hair was sticking out in all places.

"It's like you just fought a war," Daniel commented and his sister stuck his tongue out at him. "You're such a baby," he sighed and walked out of the house. The two older women chuckled at their exchange. Willow thanked the woman as she fixed her daughter's hair.

"It's no problem, dear. I'm really going to miss them, but we made muffins," the woman said and went to the kitchen. "We made chocolate and Vanilla muffins because Danny didn't want everything to be vanilla," Wave told her mother.

"They had a serious argument about it," Mrs. Kris said as she walked back in with a basket in her hand. "Thank you, Mrs. Kris," Willow said as she collected it. "Thank you, nana," Wave said and hugged the woman. "Be a good girl and don't disturb your brother, okay?" the woman said and she nodded.

They left the house and headed for theirs. "So, mommy will I have to make new friends?" Daniel asked his mother as they walked, hand in hand. Willow nodded, "Yes, you will." "But I won't see Maggie anymore," Wave pouted and her mother laughed. "You will see people like Maggie, don't worry," she said.

They got to their house and the kids squealed, running to meet grandma who was seated on the porch. "Don't run or you'll fall!" Willow scolded but it fell on deaf ears. The kids hugged their great grandma who laughed at them.

"I'm going to miss you, granny," Wave said with teary eyes. Her great grandmother laughed and kissed her cheek. "Don't worry, my love. I'm always here for you," she said. "Mommy won't buy me any Legos anymore," Daniel pouted and Willow glared at him. "You have enough," she said and he wrapped his arms around grandma Marie's shoulders.

"She doesn't love me," he said and the woman laughed at him. "She loves you very much, Daniel. You two should always listen to your mother, okay?" she said and they nodded. "That's why I love you," she said and kissed their foreheads.

"Okay kids, get in the car. Granny and I want to talk," Willow said as she approached them. "Bye, granny," Wave said and kissed the elderly woman's cheek. Daniel did the same and they went to the car.

Grandma Marie stood up and went to hug Willow. "Take care of them well, sweetheart," she said and Willow nodded. "Thank you for everything, grandma," Willow said with a grateful smile and the older woman grinned. "Anything for my princess. If you need me, I'm a call away," she said and Willow nodded.

They hugged for the last time and Willow got in the car.

"Okay, guys. Are you ready for a road trip?" she asked her kids. "YAY!" they squealed and she laughed.

"Hmm, yummy!" Daniel exclaimed as he munched on his pizza. "Sh! Don't talk with your mouth full!" Willow scolded and he nodded immediately. "I'm full!" Wave exclaimed and burped making her mother roll her eyes. "That's unethical of you, Wave," she said and Wave gave her a sheepish grin.

"Do we have to go to school to school tomorrow?" Daniel asked when dinner was over as he followed his mother into the kitchen with his empty plate. "Yes, sweetie. So you need to get to bed early," Willow said and collected the plate from him. "Yes, mommy," he said and turned to the door, "Wave, bring your plate already!"

Willow rolled her eyes at him, "Don't bully your sister." Wave walked in and went to give her the plate but tripped on her feet and fell with a loud cry. Willow ran to her and picked her up.

"Baby, are you okay?" she asked quickly. "My elbow," Wave mumbled quietly as she rubbed her red elbow. Her nose was red, which meant she was trying not to cry. "Let me kiss it. True love's kiss will make it better," Daniel said and approached them. Wave pouted and hugged her mother. "You don't love me," she said to her brother. Willow raised a brow.

"I do, but I don't like showing you," Daniel said with an eye roll. Wanting to settle it, Willow kissed her daughter's elbow. "Here's mommy's true love kiss. Let your brother take you to your room and you guys should get in bed before I come, okay?" she said and they nodded. She watched as Daniel took Wave's hand and they walked out of the kitchen.

Willow quickly finished up in the kitchen and switched off the lights in the house before going to her kids' room. She walked in to see the that they were on Daniel's bed. She raised a brow and pointed at Wave's empty bed.

"What's the reason?" she asked as she approached them. Wave pouted and snuggled closer to her brother. "I may have nightmares," she said and Willow chuckled. "Okay then, I'm not complaining. Sleep tight, my loves," she said and kissed their foreheads. "Goodnight, mommy," they said and she smiled before switching off the lights and going to her own room.

She walked in and examined the room. It was big and spacious, but she liked it like that. She was a successful doctor and was working as a part time specialist in one of the big shot hospitals in L.A before they offered for her permanent service which needed her to relocate. The pay was lucrative so she had no regrets.

Her phone rang as she changed into her nightdress and she went to pick it up. "Yes?" she answered. "Are the loves of my life asleep?" Eve's voice filled her eyes making her chuckle. "Yes, I just came back from their room," she replied.

'Do they like the place?" Eve asked. "Yeah, they got familiar with everything immediately so it wasn't stressful," Willow replied as she went to sit on the bed. "Don't forget you promised to go dress shopping with me. You're not that far away from me, so there's no excuse," Eve said and Willow laughed.

"Haven't we established that my taste in clothes are bad? And you still need my help in choosing your wedding dress?"

Eve scoffed, "You have no idea how hot you look in your work clothes and you're spiting nonsense into my ear. Go to sleep. I know moving in was stressful for you, I'm not that inconsiderate." Willow smiled, "Yes, the future Mrs. Hawthorne," she teased. "Fuck you," Eve said and hung up. Willow laughed and laid on her bed.