48

It's been three months since Nathan's accident. It spread through the news and even got to newspapers and magazines. There was even a part that stated him having kids in secret because there was a picture of Wave and Daniel calling him daddy while trying to wake him up. All these things didn't bother Willow at all.

She'd spend every single day taking care of him. Whenever she was done with other patients, she'd go back to attending to him. Every day, she'd bring the kids over to talk to him about their day. According to research, the voices and touch of one's loved one can bring he or she out of coma. It has been three months but Willow didn't plan on giving up.

"Hey," she turned to see Jayden walk in holding a starbucks drink in his hand. "I'm not sure if you'd want to eat anything, so I got this instead," he said as he handed her the drink. She thanked him and turned her attention back to Nathan. She just wanted him to open his eyes.

"His vitals are now stable, it's left to him to do the rest," Jayden said. "Thank you, Jayden. For everything you've done and more, I really appreciate it. I don't even know how I'll repay you," Willow said to him. Jayden laughed and waved her off. "You can repay me by telling him how much you love him when he wakes up. That'll be the best thing that'll happen in the world," he said.

"I doubt if he feels the same. I've always been the cause of his pain," she mumbled sadly. Jayden rolled his eyes and let out a sigh. "It would be a good thing if you stopped overthinking," he said and Willow sighed. There was a knock on the door and a nurse pipped her head in.

"I'm sorry to disturb you but Mrs. Reyes and the twins are here," she said. "Bring them in," Jayden said and she nodded before leaving. A few seconds later, the door opened and Camilla walked in with Willow's kids. "Mommy," Wave went to hug her mother. Willow smiled and kissed her cheeks before hugging her son. "How was school today?"

"It was boring," Daniel commented. "They singing how happy they were that tomorrow is Friday," Camilla said with a chuckle and Willow smiled. "Thank you, Camilla," she said and the old woman waved her off. "So how Nathaniel doing?" she asked the two doctors as they stepped out of the room while the kids talked to their unconscious father about their day.

"His vitals are steady and healthier than before, which is a good thing. The internal bleedings have stopped early enough for us to tackle the option of him having memory loss," Jayden said and Camilla let out a sigh of relief. She then smiled, "I know my son is strong, he'll wake up soon and get this load off my shoulder. Going back to work in that office is tiring."

Willow and Jayden laughed at her comment. "I need to check on my other patients now," Willow said as she looked at her notepad and looked at Camilla with an apologetic smile. "It's fine, my dear. I'll soon take the kids home when they're done telling stories," Camilla said and patted her cheeks.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to lie down when you eat?" Willow gave Eve a serious look. "I lost count after five," her friend admitted with a sheepish laugh but that didn't seem funny to Willow.

"Evelyn, stop doing it. I've told a lot of times; do you want to damage the fetus?" she asked. Eve pouted, "Don't put it like that. It's just so comfortable when I eat like that." Willow shook her head at her now showing pregnant best friend. Pregnant Evelyn was more difficult than normal Evelyn and everyone knew it.

After going through the normal checkup procedures, she was ready to go. "Also, I need to tell you something before I forget," Eve said. Willow raised a brow, "Go ahead." Eve nodded, "I threatened that Kiara girl." This made her best friend frown in confusion. "Why? How?" was all Willow could ask.

"Well, she messed with the wrong person. Besides, she keeps giving Crystal's vibes and it's making me sick," Eve defended. "She didn't come to meet you, why did you go and meet her?" Willow sighed as she rubbed her temples.

"I didn't go and meet her. I was helping Chase at his office when she walked in like she owned the place. She then started talking to Chase like she didn't see a ring on his finger. Then I had to let her know he was mine. Chase also confronted her about the stunt she pulled and I found the right opportunity to threaten her," Eve said.

"And what did you say to her?" Willow wasn't sure why she asked but she knew she didn't actually want to know.

"I said I had evidences of her with other men and if she ever came near you or Nathan that I would put it on the internet for the world to see," her best friend said with a happy smile. Willow's jaw dropped. "You blackmailed her!"

"I don't see a problem with that," she shrugged and Willow sighed. "Thank you. Even though you could have done it another way, I still appreciate it. And please, don't do that again, especially while you're pregnant," Willow said and Eve nodded.

After Eve left, Willow went back to her work. She was on night shift and wouldn't leave until one in the morning, much to her dismay.

When she was done with her routine check, she made her way back to Nathan's ward which was a VIP ward. She walked in and went to sit on the chair beside the bed. She had dimmed the light while entering because the brightness was sharp. A sigh left her mouth as she stared at Nathan's beautiful face. He didn't look like he was in pain anymore.

"When you wake up, I promise to make this right and fix everything," she whispered quietly. "God, please let him wake up. He's the only man I love so much that it hurts," she prayed as her heart broke. Nathan was the only man she had loved this much.

All those five years they had spent apart, she wished she could see him and tell him she loved him even if it was only once. But when that opportunity came, she fucked up. She let pride and arrogance take over. Why? Because she was scared of rejection.

"So you really love?"

A gasp left Willow as she looked at Nathan with wide eyes. "Nathan?" she called. He turned to face her and opened his eyes with a small smile. She gasped again as tears began to fill her eyes. He slowly sat up and gave her a small wave. "Nathan, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," she said and hiccupped as tears began to fall down her cheeks.

Nathan's eyes widened, "Willow, don't cry." She shook her head and got her knees, "I'm sorry for everything I did to you. I'm sorry, Nathan." "Willow, please," he begged and she wiped her cheeks. He grabbed her hand and pulled her up into a hug. She burst into sobs as he wrapped his arms around her.

"There's nothing to be sorry for," he said to her and she cried the more. "Nathan," she cried and he hugged her tighter. "Please don't cry," she begged. "I thought you were going to die," she sniffled as she hugged him tighter. "I'm not dying, Will," he said but that seem to calm her down.

"I'm sorry, Nate. I'm sorry.'