5

It has been two days since that incident and Willow had become a shell of herself. She tried her possible best to be in the shadows and was able to get a pass to leave work early in order to avoid the incident happening again.

"You space out a lot, why?"

Her head turned to see Eve looking at her with a frown. "Sorry, I was just feeling tired. That's all," Willow mumbled. Eve raised a brow and pointed at their unfinished homework. "You promised to help me with my law assignment," she said. "You and I are not studying the same thing, Eve," Willow rolled her eyes. "But you made me follow you to the library," her best friend pouted.

Willow sighed, "I said we'd do our assignments together. Not that I'd help you." "But you still read those textbooks about law in your free time," Eve argued. "Doesn't this girl ever rest?" Willow thought to herself with a small smile.

"Eve, you need to use your brain sometimes," she pointed out. Eve scoffed and waved her off. "I use it all the time but I want to use that smartass brain in your head too," she said as she flicked Willow's head causing her to gasp.

"You're going to pay for that," Willow promised and Eve laughed.

"Hey girls," they looked up to see Kyle standing in front of them with his signature smirk. "Hey Kyle," Eve said with a smile and Willow forced a smile. He was tall with broad shoulders and always messy brown hair that looked hot. He was one of the heartthrobs on campus and it seemed to have hurt his ego that Willow turned him down.

"It was nice seeing you girls. See you later," he said with a wink and walked away. Willow rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to her books. "He was being nice," Eve nudged her shoulder. "Nice enough to think he'll get in my pants. I thought you even slept with him," Willow rolled her eyes again.

Eve blushed and played with one of her braids. "It doesn't matter. But he was really good in bed," she said and Willow laughed. "That's enough for today. Let's get back to work," she said and her friend nodded.

By the time they got back to the dorms, they parted and went to their different rooms. Willow walked into her room and went to lay on her bed. She let out a sigh and blew off the hair that was scattered over her face.

Then her phone began to ring. Not bothering to check who it was, she clicked the answer button.

"Yes?"

"You deserve a slap for talking to your grandmother like that, child!" the voice of her grandmother filled the room. Willow rolled her eyes and turned to lay on her back before bringing the phone close to her ear.

"Good afternoon, grandma. How are you?" she asked. "Well, I've been doing fine. I can take a stroll in the park for as long as I like now," her grandmother said with much joy that it made her smile.

"Your voice is healthier than the last time I called. You're taking your medications seriously," Willow said happily. "Of course I am, I don't want my granddaughter to start lecturing me about the health crap again." Her grandmother said and she chuckled.

"I hope you've been taking enough rest," Willow said. "Yes, yes. Aliyah has been on my neck ever since I got discharged," she could imagine her grandmother rolling her eyes as she said it.

"I'm pretty sure that's not the actual case. Is she there?" Willow asked. "Yes, she is. She's making fruit cake. ALIYAH!"

Willow was convinced her eardrums had been destroyed when her grandmother screamed for the caretaker.

She heard noise in the background before hearing a familiar voice. "Willow, it's nice to hear from you again," Aliyah said. "It's also nice to hear from you too, Aliyah. I hope Grandma isn't giving you any trouble," Willow said.

"I can hear you!" she heard her grandma in the background followed by Aliyah's giggle. "She's not, even though she can be a hand full at times," she said. "I am not!" grandma exclaimed and the two girls laughed.

"I do not accept this way of the both of you talking about me. I'll report you to the authorities," Grandma said while collecting the phone.

"Oh grandma, don't get your health worse. Don't give her too much trouble, get some rest. I'll call you later," Willow said to her. "Be a good girl and have a social life," her grandma said and hung up.

Willow rolled her eyes and stretched her limbs.

Her mind went back to the incident that happened and she felt her stomach churn with the urge to vomit her lunch.

"I'm not the first girl to experience this and I won't be the last. I need to overcome it," she mumbled to herself and curled herself up in a ball. "I didn't get raped at the end," she said and then she remembered Nathan and Chase.

She needed to thank them for helping her.

It would be easy if she could find them but it would be dumb to comb the whole campus just because she wanted to say thank you.

She then made a mental note that to appreciate them if they ever crossed paths.

"So how has school been, son?"

Nathan rolled his eyes at his father's typical question. "The same," he replied. "Anything new that we should know about?" his father asked. Nathan sighed and rubbed his face tiredly as he walked out of his lecture room.

"Nothing that I can think of," he said.

"What about that blonde girl that I saw you with the other day. Christmas is her name?" he raised a brow at his father's question.

Why in the world would someone name their child Christmas?
"Seriously dad? Her name is Crystal," Nathan stated. "Oh yes, I remember. She's a nice girl, why don't you bring her for dinner sometime?" his father offered.

"No, dad. I'm no bringing her over for anything," Nathan said. There was no way in hell he'd let Crystal come near his family, he'd rather chew sand. "She's a good girl," his father said. "As if," Nathan thought to himself.

"Your grandfather is worried about you," his father said. "Dad, I'm just twenty one, give me a fucking break," Nathan said. "That was the same age I met your mother," his father countered.

At the moment, Nathan wished he could trash his phone immediately. "I have a class right now and I need to go. Bye," he said and hung up before his father could talk.

"They're delusional," he mumbled and made his way to his next class.