39

"Thank you, doc," the old man said to her with happiness and Willow grinned. "You're always welcome, Mr. Ronald," she said and turned to his granddaughter. "Don't worry, sweetheart. You'll be back on your feet in not time," she said and the little girl nodded weakly. The door opened and a nurse walked in.

"Yes, Doctor?" the lady said.

"Please, take them to the empty ward. I'll be there to set up the IV," Willow said and the nurse nodded. After attending to everything that needed attention, Willow went back to her office and let out a sigh. The past few days have been hectic for her and it was obvious she was not getting the sleep she needed.

"You skipped lunch break again," she looked up to see Jayden walk in, holding a paper bag a starbucks drink. "You didn't have to do this." He rolled his eyes and placed the bag and drink on her table. "I'm sorry I'm a nice person," he said and she chuckled.

"Thank you," she said as she opened the paper bag to see two donuts and a chicken sandwich. "You're the best," she smiled at him and he grinned. "I came for the gossip," Jayden said with a giggle like a child and she rolled her eyes.

"Sometimes, I'd like to think you hit your head whenever you come here," she said and he shrugged. "Let's leave that aside. Did you reconcile with our baby daddy?" he asked her. Willow gave him a blank stare. "What do you mean by 'our' baby Daddy?" she asked as she bit into the doughnut.

"I find the pronoun more interesting," he wiggled his brows and Willow rolled her eyes. "Why would you think I reconciled with him?"

"Well, you guys need to raise the kids together and you need to reconcile before you do that," he said. "We're already raising them fine, Jayden," Willow said and he rolled his eyes. "Wait until your kids find out that mommy and daddy are meant to stay in the same house, then they'll come running to ask overwhelming questions."

"You're acting like you're my dad," Willow glared at him and he grinned. "You're like a little sister to me, why won't I act like that? If you don't want to do this for yourself, at least do it for the kids," he said.

"But he has moved on. He has a girlfriend," Willow told him. He rolled his eyes, "He's a man and I'm pretty sure she may not be his real girlfriend." Willow shook her head finished her lunch. "I don't want unnecessary drama," she said. He laughed, "That's what celebrity life is all about. But I think you still have some left over feelings for our baby daddy," he teased and she glared at him.

The way he used the term made her feel embarrassed. "Learn to shut up some times," she groaned and he laughed. "You're so fun to rile up," he said and she waved him off. "Don't you have patients to attend to?"

"Not until the next twenty minutes. So, answer my question," he said with a grin. "What question?" she narrowed her eyes at him.

"You still have feelings for Nathan?"

"I don't know," she mumbled and looked away. Did she? Well, she wasn't sure but she knew she was still attracted to him.

"What do you mean by you don't know?" Jayden mused and she groaned. "Oh, come on Jayden. I don't like this topic. I don't know if I still have feelings for him, I don't know if I'm supposed to. But I know I'm attracted to him," she explained with an emotion she couldn't quite decipher.

"Mr. Reyes?"

Nathan looked up to see his secretary, Chloe, walk in. "Yes, Chloe?" he answered as he turned his attention back to his laptop. "Ms. Newman asks to see you," she said and he sighed. "Let her in. I hope I don't have any meetings for now," he said.