28

"Grandma, don't worry about the lawn. I told you that I'll do it already!" Willow groaned as she went to her grandmother who was mowing the lawn. "The grass was calling my name," Grandma Marie glared at her and Willow rolled her eyes.

"You can go in and take your rest now," she said and immediately felt nauseous. Her grandma noticed her change in expression. "Are you okay, sweetie?" she asked. Without a word, Willow ran to the garbage can and emptied her stomach through her mouth.

"God," she groaned and fell to her knees. Her grandmother quickly ran to her and helped her up. "This is the fourth time you're vomiting today. Are you sure you're okay?" she asked as she helped her to into the house.

"I'm fine," Willow groaned as she walked into the kitchen and sat at the island. Aliyah was busy in the kitchen and turned to see them. She walked over to her and placed her palm on her forehead.

"Your temperature is a little high," Aliyah said and gave her a knowing look. Grandma caught on and narrowed her eyes at her. Willow looked at both women and shook her head.

"It's just a fever," she said.

Grandma gave her a 'you can't fool me' look.

"When was the last time you saw your period?" Aaliyah asked her. Willow frowned and her eyes widened when she realized it was a long time ago. "It can't be possible," she said as her heartbeat increased in fear.

She can't be pregnant. She mustn't be pregnant.

"Aliyah, take a trip to the grocery store while I get some medicine for you," Grandma said as she pointed at Willow and walked out of the kitchen. Willow turned to Aliyah. "I'm not pregnant, Aliyah. I'm not," she said with a shaky voice and Aliyah gave her a smile and patted her cheek softly. "I'll be right back."

Willow went to her room while Aliyah walked out of the house. She sat on her bed, trying to calm her heart down.

"I can't," she mumbled to herself and scratched her head. What if the test comes out positive? What would she do? Will she keep the baby?

"No, stop thinking like that. You're not pregnant," she said to herself. Her grandma came in and gave her a glass of water and drugs to take with. Willow did as she said, not saying anything.

"Sweetie," Grandma Marie said making her look up at her.

"If it turns out positive, I won't judge you. It'll be fine," the old woman said and Willow shook her head. "I'm sure it's not positive grandma," she said and the woman sighed. The door opened and Aliyah walked in, holding two test strips in her hand.

Willow stood up and went to take them from her. She went to the bathroom and did what she was supposed to do.

"After five minutes, we'll know what to do," grandma said as she walked into the room, holding the strips. Willow wordlessly placed the strips on her nightstand while Aliyah set the timer.

"If it's positive, we're going to the doctor tomorrow," her grandma said. "And you'll need to get a job," Aliyah added. Willow looked away. She wanted to write applications to some hospitals but now she wasn't sure it'll be possible. No one would want to hire a pregnant doctor.

"I'm not pregnant!" she thought to herself but somehow, it sounded like she was lying to herself. That made her heart pound faster.

the silence became thicker as the time passed until the timer began to ring startling all of them. "My God," grandma breathed in relief as she placed her hand on her chest. She nearly had a heart attack because of that sound.

Aliyah stopped it and motioned for Willow to check.

Scared, Willow stood and went to pick one of the strips. Her eyes widened when she saw the two red lines.

"No, it can't be," she quickly dropped it and checked the second one. It was the same. She fell to her knees and they ran to her. "Willow, calm down," Aliyah said as she took her to the bed.

"It's positive," Grandma said when she checked the strip. "I can't be," Willow said and burst into tears. "Grandma, I'm sorry," she cried. Her grandma's heart softened and she pulled her in an embrace.

"Don't apologize, my love. We'll get through this together, okay?" she said. "This is not supposed to happen," Willow cried into the woman's arms. Aliyah sat beside them and rubbed her back.

"This is not the time to start regretting anything," grandma said to her granddaughter who was crying brokenly.

"Congratulations, you're two months pregnant. The fetus is also very healthy," the doctor said with a smile. "Thank you, doc," grandma Marie said to him as she placed her hand on Willow's lap.

"When should we come for prenatal visits?" she asked. "In the next two weeks should be okay. You are to come every two weeks. Here is a list of things you'll need to eat and things you shouldn't eat," the doctor replied and handed her a paper.

Grandma nodded with appreciation as she collected the paper. "The first three months of pregnancy is very crucial so you need to be careful or you might have a miscarriage," he said and she nodded.

The doctor turned to look at Willow, who was staring at her lap. "What's wrong?" he asked her. Willow looked up and his eyes widened when he saw her teary eyes. "She's just overwhelmed," her grandma said and rubbed her hand, "Don't worry, as long as you follow all instructions, you will be fine and your pregnancy will be smooth," the doctor said and they nodded.

"C-can we leave?" Willow said heavily. The doctor nodded and they left the office.

When they got home, Willow walked to her room and went to sit on the floor beside bed as she dialed her best friend's number. "Babe, what's up?" Evelyn cheerful voice made her burst into sobs.

"E-Eve," she sobbed into the phone. "Willow, what's wrong? Stop crying please," Evelyn said with worry evident in her voice. "Willow, please talk to me," she begged when her friend wouldn't stop crying.

"Eve, I'm pregnant," Willow cried out into the phone. The phone fell to the floor as she buried her face in her knees, crying her heart out.

"Oh my God. Will, stop crying please," Eve begged. Willow covered her mouth with her hand and wiped her cheeks with the other hand. A cough escaped her lips.

"I don't know anything about being a mother. I wasn't prepared for this at all," she sniffled and exhaled. "Babe, calm down for me. Breathe in and out. Take a deep breath please," Eve said to her sweetly.

Willow knew her face would be red and puffy, but she couldn't stop the tears from falling. "Eve," she said. "Do you want the baby? You don't have to keep it, you know," Eve mumbled with uncertainty. "I can't abort it," Willow sniffled. "Thank God, I wouldn't even let you. Don't worry, we'll make it through this," Eve said to her in relief.

"I don't know, I'm scared," Willow admitted as she sniffled and wiped her cheeks with her palms. "I know, my love. Just take it easy, okay? I'm here for you. Everyone is here for you," Evelyn said to her sweetly.

"Thank you," Willow mumbled.

"I wish I could see you right now. Have you told your dad and sister?" Eve asked. "Not yet. Grandma said I should tell them tonight," Willow answered.

"That's good, that's good. Are you going to tell him?"

Willow knew who 'him' was.

She shook her head, as if she could see her. "No, I'm not telling him anything. I don't want to complicate his life the more," she said. "But he's meant to know," Eve said. "I don't want him to think that I did this on purpose. I still don't know how I forgot to take those pills," Willow said and Eve sighed. "I love you, okay?" she said.

"I love you too," Willow sniffled. "Everything will be fine, I promise."