29

Past six months had been hectic for Willow. Everyone could tell she was depressed but she covered it with a smile that she had mastered over the months. The doctors had told her it would be bad for the babies but Willow couldn't do anything else. When she started getting heavier, grandma asked her to stay back at home instead of helping her at her flower shop.

Willow needed a distraction, but nothing could do that job. Sometimes, she wondered how things would have turned out if she had told Nathan about the pregnancy. Or how it would have turned out if they hadn't broken up.

It was like salt to her wounds whenever she would see his picture or an article about him on the internet.

With a sigh, she placed her hand on her large stomach and rubbed it. She was due any moment from now and she was having twins. She remembered when she nearly had a heart attack when the doctor discovered she would be having twins. Meanwhile, grandma was over the moon and even started hunting for names. Her father was no different, saying he was going to be a grandfather.

The ring of the doorbell got her attention making her look up. "What did grandma forget?" she thought to herself as she stood up from the couch she was sitting on. She made her way to the door and opened it.

"Grandma, I thought you-"

She stopped mid-sentence when she saw Chase standing in front of the door holding a box in his hands. Her eyes widened and so did his when he saw her.

"Chase," she said. Chase couldn't' hide his surprised expression when he saw her baby bump. He pointed at it, "Am I dreaming or you're pregnant?" "I am pregnant," Willow said to him.

He blinked like he didn't hear her well. "It's Nathan's?" he asked and she nodded, looking away. He sighed in relief. "Why didn't you tell him? Or does he know?" he knew Nathan didn't know. If he knew, he would also know.

"It doesn't matter. Don't tell him, I don't need-OUCH!" she cried when she felt a pain in her lower back. Chase's eyes widened as he quickly dropped the box he was holding and went to her side. "Willow, are you okay?" he asked her.

She was about to talk when she felt another pain at her lower back. It was followed by a liquid running down her leg. Her eyes widened as she gasped and grabbed his shirt. "My water just broke," she panicked and let out a groan when she felt her abdomen start to ache.

"Let me talk you to the hospital," he said and helped her to his car. "Please call my dad and grandma," she said.

A groan left Willow's lips as she regained consciousness.

"Shh, she's waking up," a familiar voice said. She slowly opened her eyes to see that she was in a hospital room. She looked around, seeing that her family was present, looking at her with happy smiles.

"I'm so proud of you," her father said and went to her. Willow smiled weakly as she sat up and he hugged her. "Thank you," her voice was raspy so Aliyah went to get her water.

"Where are they?" she asked. Happily, Evelyn went to the crib and gently picked up on of the babies while Chase did the same. They walked up to her and slowly placed them at sides as she laid down.

"They're so tiny," Willow marveled when she saw how small they were. Her eyes watered when she touched the boy's cheeks. His skin was so fragile.

"They're like the size of a pineapple," Lilian said and everyone laughed. "They're so cute and beautiful," Willow said and her heart wished Nathan could see them right now. She didn't know she was crying until her grandmother wiped her cheeks.

"What are you naming them?" Lilian asked. Willow sniffled and caressed her daughter's cheeks. "Her name's Waverly," she said and rubbed her son's nose, "and he's Daniel."

"I'm their sugar mommy," Lilian announced and they laughed again.

"Can I come in?" Chase voice rang through the door. Eve stood up from the bed and went to open the door to let him in. he walked in and she closed the door. "Congratulations again," he said as he went to sit on the bed beside her. Willow smiled, "Thank you."

Their voices were low because the babies were asleep.

"But Nathan has to know about it," Chase said and the two women sighed. "We're not telling him anything," Eve said to him. "Babe, he'll hate me for keeping this from him," Chase explained.

'We know. He'll hate me the most, but I'm doing this because of him. I don't want more drama to be added into his life," Willow sighed and Eve went to sit beside her. "We all know the father is meant to be aware, but we love Willow's private life too much to let the press find out about this," she said.

"We're not even together anymore, so it doesn't matter. I'll just be a thorn in his flesh," Willow muttered sadly and closed her eyes sighing. Chase and Evelyn knew she was hurting.

If only she knew how Nathan was hurting too, but Chase knew it wouldn't be a good thing to bring that up at the moment. He sincerely hoped his best friend wouldn't roast him alive for keeping this big secret from him.

"But can I keep checking on them?" he asked and she nodded with a smile. "Maybe you can have a motivation to get your own," Willow said and Evelyn's cheeks heated. The couple turned to each other and Eve glared at him. "Don't give me that eye," she said and they all laughed.

A phone began to ring and they realized it was Chase's.

His eyes widened and he answered the call. "Hey, man?" he spoke. "Chase, where the fuck are you?" Nathan's voice blared through the speaker. Willow's heart nearly stopped working when she heard his voice.

"I went sightseeing," Chase said with a dumb voice jokingly. "Get your ass back here and help me with this stuff. Stop being an idiot," Nathan grumbled and hung up. Chase sighed and turned to look at the women. "Well, I have to get going," he said and they nodded. "Be safe," Eve pecked his cheek and he grinned before leaving.

"You guys look so cute together,'" Willow commented as Eve laid beside her. "Shut up," she said and she giggled. "I'm happy for you, Will. Honestly, I was so scared you wouldn't make it. There was so much blood, I didn't even know when I started crying," Eve admitted and hugged her. Willow laughed, "I'm not that easy to get rid of."

"I always knew you'd be a mom before me," Eve added and they laughed again.

Later that night, or maybe midnight, the whole house was woken up with the twins' cries. "Fuck me," Willow groaned as she got off the bed and went to pick up one of them while Eve did the same thing.

The door opened and Grandma walked in with her dad. "Sorry for waking you up," Willow apologized sheepishly as she rocked Daniel who was still crying. "You need to breastfeed them, dear," grandma said and Willow nodded. "Sit on the arm chair so you'll be comfortable," Willow did as her grandma said.

The little boy stopped crying immediately her nipple touched his mouth. A small laugh left her father's lips when he saw how the buy sucked greedily. "He reminds me of you. You were a very hungry baby," he said and everyone laughed while Willow rolled her eyes.

Eve helped her place Waverly at her other breast. Since they were little, it was easy to balance them on both arms.

"Welcome to motherhood," Evelyn said and Willow smiled at her sleepily. Everyone was tired.

Only if Nathan was here.