16

"I'm going to fail, Will. I am going get a big fat F on my papers!" Evelyn cried out as she banged her head on the book she was holding. Willow rolled her eyes as she pretended not to know her while people that the coffee shop turned their attention to them.

"Why are you not saying anything?" Evelyn exclaimed when she saw her best friend drinking her coffee without looking at her. "Oh, I'm thinking of the perfect plan I'll use to escape from being embarrassed by your madness," Willow said with a smile and Evelyn huffed. "So much for being a best friend," she muttered and opened her text book again.

"I am hundred percent sure you won't fail your exams, Eve. You're a smart girl," Willow told her. Eve snorted, "That's a lie. I'm dumb compared to you." "Nah, I'm just hardworking. All you need to do is focus on your work," Willow said to her.

"I wish I had your confidence," Eve sighed and her best friend gave her a smile. "Just because I'm not panicking like you doesn't mean I'm confident. I'm pretty sure biochemistry is going to eat me in the ass and the same goes for anatomy," she said with a smile.

"I can't believe I have law tomorrow. Who writes law as their first paper in an exam?" Eve cried out in annoyance and Willow chuckled. "You'll be fine. Now let's get back to reading," she said and Eve nodded with a pout.

UCLA was nice enough to give the students three days off to study for their second semester exams. Nathan and his friends took that opportunity to have their study time under one of the trees in the school garden.

"Sometimes, I wonder why I decided to study architecture," Dylan groaned as he rubbed his temples. "Because you promised to build me my dream house. Don't tell me you don't remember," Marcus said while glaring at him. The two other boys laughed. Marcus and Dylan were childhood best friends just the way Nathan and Chase were so they clicked when they were freshers.

"I remember, so shut up," Dylan waved him off. "But seriously dude, you're still going to build our dream house," Nathan said to him and he nodded. "We're going to be like Barbie," Chase said and they chuckled. "Barbie's going to be jealous when she sees it. She's got nothing on us," Marcus added and they laughed.

"Can I have a minute with you?"

They turned to see Crystal standing behind them. "Looks like Barbie did hear us," Dylan muttered lowly and Chase held in his laughter. Nathan sighed and stood up before follow her to wherever.

"I'm all yours. Make it quick, I have to study," he said and she sighed.

"You've changed," she said and he raised a brow. "Huh?"

She moved closer, "Seriously, Nathan. You've become something else. I tried to let you know I loved you but you made it clear that you didn't date. Then you decided to choose a lower person than me. What happened to you? Did she blackmail you?"

Nathan moved backwards. "Just because I fucked you didn't mean I liked you, Crystal. You were the one being all clingy and stuff and I didn't like it," he pointed out.

"You don't love Willow. You're biased," Crystal feigned hurt. "And you're delusional. Move on and leave me alone. How I live my life doesn't concern you. You had other fuck buddies, just let me go," he sighed and turned to leave.

She ran to him and hugged him from behind before bursting into tears.

"Nathan, please. I love you so much. Can't you see that?" she cried into his back. "I'm sorry but I don't feel the same," Nathan said in annoyance through gritted teeth as he unhooked her arms around him and carefully pushed her off him.

"Go and study," he said and walked away.

Willow was seated on the floor of her bedroom looking drained from reading her physiology text book over and over again. She was thankful she didn't have an exam tomorrow or she would have fainted by now.

She picked up her phone and clicked on Nathan's number not knowing why she did that though.

After two rings and he picked up, she actually realized what she did.

"It seems that you missed me," his deep voice rang through the room and her heart skipped a beat. "You wish," she quickly retorted and placed her hands on her left chest in weak attempts to stop it from beating fast.

"Oh really? So what do I owe the call from the most high enchantress of the west?" he asked in a perfect British accent and she giggled. "You really are good at this," she said. "Yup, I've been practicing lately. In case I might need to woo you into doing something for me," he said and she snorted. "Good luck trying," she said and he hummed in response.

"You're always hard to please. Well, apart from in bed," he said the last part in a low tone and she rolled her eyes. "Says who?" she said.

"Says me. In case you haven't noticed, we've been dating for about three to four months and I think I know what you can and cannot do. So yes, I know you're easily pleased in bed because you like my dick," Nathan said giddily and she smiled.

"Aren't you meant to be studying?" she asked him. "Well, I was until you called me and I couldn't ignore the call of the enchantress before she breaks my head the next day," he stated and she glared at her phone.

"Stop calling me that. And you make it sound like I have anger issues and I'm violent," she said. "Aren't you? I have scratches on my back and shoulders as proof," Nathan countered.

"That was during sex!" Willow exclaimed and groaned making him laugh. "You're so fun to rile up," he said after laughing at her. "I promise to have your head when next we meet," she mumbled.

"Or you could just give me head and everything will be fine," Nathan said and her cheeks burned with embarrassment. "Nate, stop this," she groaned. "I love that nickname," he told her. Her cheeks heated the more. "I really want to strangle you at the moment," she muttered.

"We could try that in bed but I think we'll both prefer me choking you. What do you think?" he asked like he had no clue.

"I think you need to shut up!"

Nathan burst out laughing. "I really regret calling you," Willow sighed as she laid on the floor. "But I don't regret picking up," he replied. Willow didn't know why it brought a smile to her face. "Eaten anything?" she asked him. "Apart from the burger I had in the afternoon, I'm not sure," he said. "Eat something before you sleep," she said and he hummed.

"Does my girlfriend care about me?" he asked teasingly and she rolled her eyes. "You need to learn to shut up sometimes," she said and he laughed. "I need to give Star a bath now. Eat something and sleep early," he said to her. "Sure. Goodnight," she said. "Goodnight princess," Nathan said and hung up.

"Called me princess," she chuckled sleepily as she sat up and climbed her bed.

Only if their relationship was real.