Chapter 1

Carter's POV

I was bed, sleeping really good when the phone started to ring. I groaned loudly and lifted my head up. The clock on the night stand said 8:24am. I rolled my eyes and laid my head back down. My plan was to just try and ignore it but it seemed like it wouldn't stop. I reached over and grabbed the phone off the receiver.

"Hello?," I answered sleepily.

"Wake up bestfriend!!"

I quickly pulled the phone away from my ear, being that she just yelled in my ear.

"Liv, do you realize what time it is? I was sleeping," I said

"I realize that it's morning time and that means you should be up," she replied.

"You know, if you were really my bestfriend, you would've known that I was sleeping."

"And as your bestfriend, I really didn't care," she said cheekily.

I couldn't help but laugh at that. Olivia has been my bestfriend since we were 11 years old and in the 6th grade. Laying against the headboard, I grabbed the remote and turned on the tv.

The morning news was on but the entertainment segment was playing. They were talking about Michael Jackson, which wasnt much of a surprise. They talk about him at least 3 or 4 times a week.

"What's up, Liv? There must be a reason for you calling me this early," I stated.

"Well, Mr. Crane called me this morning and said that he needed two people to cover the American Music Awards next Saturday."

"And what does that have to do me?"

"Don't get mad but I said we'd both do it.," she said quickly.

My eyes got big and I could feel my bad attitude coming in. Liv knows that I hate doing interviews at big events. I like the more intimate, one on one interviews.

"Why'd you do that? You know how I am," I whined.

"Cause it would be good for you to step out of your comfort zone," she reasoned. "Plus, we also got two tickets to the official after party and you know its gonna be amazing."

I sighed deeply and thought about it. I could stand to try something different and it might be kind of cool to experience one of those big award shows you see on tv.

"Fine, fine. I'll do it." Liv squealed loudly and clapped. "But you owe me, big time."

Michael's POV

I looked up from my pad of paper at the clock and saw that it was 8:13am.
Shaking my head, I looked back down at the sheet. It was only half full and I've been in the studio since 11 the previous night. To say I had writer's block would be an understatement.

All of a sudden, the door opened and my assistant, Avery, popped her head in.

"You're still in here?", she asked, surprised.

I nodded and she came all the way in. She ontop of the table I was sitting at.

"I couldn't find you anywhere else in this gigantic house," she explained. "So, I figured you'd be in here."

"Yeah, just trying to write. What's up?"

She opened up the planner that was in her hands. "Today, you have a meeting with Frank at 1 and an interview for your segment at the AMAs at 4."

I groaned and threw my head back.

"Move the meeting with Frank to 7 or 8. I need to get some sleep cause I've been in here all night." She nodded. "Do I have to do the interview for that today?"

"Yes, you do. The awards are a week from today. Plus you've cancelled twice already," she said.

"Im honored that their giving me the Special Achievement Award but I don't even wanna go."

Avery gasped and glared at me. "And why don't you wanna go?"

"I have too much on my plate, trying to write some music and the label is breathing down my back..."

She held up her hand, cutting me off. "First off, the label is always gonna be on you; You're their star artist. And second, since when do you force yourself to write music? You've always told me that you just let it come to you."

"Its not really coming fast enough, though," I laughed.

"You know what you need?" I moved my shoulders up and down. "You need to have fun. You should go to the show and then go to the after party afterwards."

"Uhh, I don't know," I said, uncertaintly.

"Aww, come on." She poked my cheeks. "Its gonna be fun," she sing songed.

I thought about it. I haven't really left Neverland in a couple weeks but that was because I didn't want to. Getting out may be a good idea, though.

"Fine, I'll go. But you owe me."

She waved her hand at me. "Yeah, yeah."

Please comment, vote, and fan. Thanks guys ✌