Chapter 20

Carter's POV

Me, Avery, and Elizabeth sat and watched as the interview went on. It was actually going pretty well. Of course, there was a tense moment when Oprah asked him about his skin color.

Michael looked like he wanted to cry while he talked about it, which made me just want to run and hold him in my arms.

"Do you date?" Oprah asked him.

"Yes, I do date." Michael laughed.

"Who do you date?"

"Right now, there's this girl named Carter, who I met almost a year ago."

"Is that the pretty girl who was holding your hand earlier?"

Michael smiled wide. "Yes, that's her."

"Are you guys exclusive?"

"She's my girlfriend." He nodded.

"Well, I did my research before this interview and you have been seen around with her so everyone thought you two were dating anyways."

"Yeah. This is one of the first times that the tabloids got it right." Everyone, including the crew, laughed.

"Do you think that Carter could be "the one" for you?" Oprah asked.

He blushed slightly and nodded. "I do. I love her and I know she loves me so I can see a future with her."

"Well, why don't we bring Carter out here?" She suggested.

"Sure," Michael shrugged his shoulders and looked in my direction. I shook my head no and he just laughed.

"Come on," he mouthed to me. I looked at Avery for help and she shrugged.

"Go ahead," she told me. "Could be fun."

I sighed in defeat and walked onto the set. Michael stood up and let me sit in his chair while he stood behind me.

"Hello Carter," Oprah greeted me.

"Hi," I replied shyly.

"Are you nervous?"

"Umm, a little bit," I giggled. "Especially since I was just supposed to be watching." I looked back at Michael and he winked at me. I smiled and turned back to Oprah.

"Well, do you mind telling me where you and Michael met?"

"We met at an after party that was held after the AMA's last year."

"So you all have been dating for a year?" She asked.

"No, we've known each other for a year. We've only been dating for 4 months."

"Was it love at first sight for you? Or did it take some time?"

"I always knew I had feelings for Michael but I think it just took us some time to figure out how to go about it." I smirked.

"Well, I'm pretty sure you heard when I asked Michael if you were the one for him so I'm going to ask you the same question. Do you think Michael is the one for you?"

I felt Michael run his hand over my shoulder and I reached up and held it.

"I love Michael with all of my heart and I agree with him when he said that he sees a future with me because I feel the same about him."

"Is marriage anywhere on the table?"

I looked back at Michael because I really didn't wanna answer the question. Plus, I kinda wanted to know what he'd say.

"Umm, I think that we're happy just being together right now," Michael said. "We've only been in an official relationship for 4 months, so we're gonna take our time."

I smiled at him thankfully and he squeezed my hand.

"Well, it was very nice to meet you Carter," Oprah smiled at me and I nodded. "We're gonna go to a short commercial break and when we come back, Michael is gonna show us around this wonderful property."

The director gave the cue that we were off the air and I let out a huge breath of relief.

Two Hours Later

After the interview ended, the producers set up a feed in Michael's room so that we could re-watch the interview. Me, Elizabeth, Oprah, Michael, and Avery were all in his room watching it.

"Do you guys see how he's constantly moving so he can catch the light?" Oprah pointed out.

I looked and saw that she was right. I smiled and looked at Michael, who just shrugged. "I was working the light."

We all bust out laughing and finished watching the interview. Michael and Oprah had to go back downstairs to take some promotional pictures to go along with the advertisements for the interview.

"Well, I guess I'm gonna be headed home," Elizabeth said.

"Aww, Lizzy you know you can stay the night here," I told her.

"I know darling but I need my own bed tonight," she laughed. "Tell Michael that I'll call him tomorrow."

I nodded. "I will. Bye Lizzy."

"Bye sweetheart," she leaned over and kissed my forehead. Avery stood up and grabbed her purse.

"I'm leaving too. I'll walk Liz out. I'll be calling you tomorrow, alright?" She laughed.

I giggled and shook my head. "Bye Ave."

They walked out, leaving me by myself. I sighed and laid down in the bed. I closed my eyes and laid there for I don't know how long until I felt someone get in the bed next to me but I knew it was Michael. He pulled me close so that we were spooning.

"You sleep?" He whispered.

"Mmm, I was on my way," I replied.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Go back to sleep."

"No, its fine Applehead. You know I don't sleep well without you anyways."

He chuckled and kissed the side of my neck. "I wanna thank you for today."

"What'd I do?"

"Saying all those things about me. It felt good to hear."

I laughed. "No need to thank me. You know I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true."

"I know that but still, thank you."

I turned around in his arms so that I was facing him.

"I love you Applehead."

"I love you too baby."

I kissed his lips softly and snuggled into him, falling asleep.

Please comment, vote, and fan if you enjoyed this chapter!! Thanks guys ✌.