Chapter 22

Carter's POV

Its been two weeks since Michael's been gone and things just haven't been the same. I've been trying to keep myself busy with work but my mind always wonders to him. The fact that he calls me everyday, even after a show, makes me feel better but I still miss him like crazy.

I was at Neverland, having a girl's day with Olivia and Janet. They're the ones who have been keeping me company since Michael left and I'm really grateful for them.

"So, when are you leaving to go see Michael?" Liv asked me.

I took a sip of my lemonade that was in my hand before answering her. "In a week."

"You excited?" Janet wondered, flipping through her magazine.

"Extremely. I've missed him so much, its ridiculous. Plus, he took Avery with him so I've been even more bored."

"I bet he's gonna be so excited to see you. How long are you gonna stay?" Liv asked.

"Umm, I really don't have a set date to come back. I'm taking an extended leave from work so that our time together isn't limited."

"You guys are so cute," Janet gushed. "Me and Rene have been together for 2 years and are engaged and we still don't manage as well as you guys do."

I laughed and shook my head. Just then, I heard the phone ring inside the house. I jumped up and ran inside, hoping to catch whoever it was. I ran through the back door into the kitchen and ran to the phone, picking it up.

"Hello?" I answered breathlessly.

"Hey baby."

My smile grew 10 times wider. "Michael, hey! How are you?"

"I'm fine, relaxing before the show tonight. How are things there?"

"They're good. I was just hanging out by the pool with Liv and Janet."

"They keeping you company?" He asked and I could hear that he had just laid down on a bed or couch.

"Yeah. Its been pretty quiet and boring without you and Ave here." I sighed.

"I know what you mean. I think Ave is somewhat lost without you," he laughed.

I giggled and shook my head. "Where are you right now?"

"Monza, Italy. I can't wait for you to get here so you can finally see the show," I could tell he was smiling.

"I can't wait either. I'm sure its beyond amazing. The reviews have been pretty good."

"Ugh, you know I don't read reviews."

"Still. Thought you might like to know."

"Well, do you wanna know something then?"

"What?"

"I miss you."

I smiled sadly and leaned my back against the wall next to the receiver. "I miss you too Applehead, a lot."

"I miss kissing you. Seeing you. Feeling you wrap your leg around mine while we're sleeping. Everything."

"I miss your smile. The way you hold me tight when I hug you. How you're always touching me, whether you're holding my hand or grabbing my butt."

"We're a pair of saps, do you know that?" He chuckled.

"Ugh, I know. Its sad, isn't it?"

"Honestly, a little bit. But I'd be a sap for the rest of my life if I had to."

Before I could respond, I heard Avery's voice in the background.

"Hey Car, I have to go. I have to go do a photo opp."

"Oh,..ok." I said, dejected.

"Heyy, I'll call you after the show, if you want?"

"Yes, please," I nodded my head as if he could see me.

"I know its been hard for you baby, its been hard for me too,' he sighed. "But thank you for sticking with me."

"I wouldn't dream of doing anything else."

I heard Avery's voice again and Michael groaned. "Ok, Avery just threatened to cut my dick off so I really have to go."

I laughed loudly. "Ok. I love you Applehead."

"I love you too baby. Bye."

"Bye."

I put the phone back on the receiver and sighed. Only 1 more week until I see the love of my life.

I know its been a while since I updated and I'm so sorry! I have a long weekend from school so hopefully I'll get 1 or 2 more chapters up over the next 4 days. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please comment, vote, and fan! Thanks guys ✌.