Chapter 44

Carter's POV

After the new year passed, me and Michael decided to do a joint interview together to announce our engagement. There had already been a few reports of us possibly being engaged but we just wanted to confirm it ourselves.

We also decided that we wanted Diane Sawyer to do the interview, mostly because she's a very respectful and nice person.

Karen Faye was doing my makeup inside of Michael's bedroom and I think Michael was still somewhere getting dressed.

"Are you nervous sweetheart?" Karen asked, as she applied some eyeshadow to my eyes.

"A little. I've always been the one giving the interview, not the one being interviewed."

She smiled lightly. "Well, you'll be fine. Michael will be right there with you."

I just flashed her a quick smile and went back to watching the tv in front of me.

Once she got down to applying my blush, Michael came into the room.

"How do I look baby?" He wondered. I looked over at him and smiled.

He had on a black button up shirt with a red band on one sleeve, black dress pants and his loafers. His hair was straightened and hanging down around his face.

"Hubba hubba! You look hot as hell, future baby daddy," I said, purposely trying to make him blush.

It worked because you could see the red tinging his cheeks. "Shut up. Why aren't you dressed yet? We have to be on set in," he looked down at his watch. "20 minutes."

"I didn't wanna get makeup on my outfit Applehead," I explained.

He nodded and sat down on the bed, grabbing the remote and turning the channel.

"Hey, I was watching that!" I yelled.

"Well, you're not now," he smirked, still looking at the tv.

I sat back in the chair and crossed my arms across my chest. "Asshole," I muttered.

"What was that?" He looked over at me.

"Ass.....hole," I enunciated.

"Hmm," he stood up and Karen walked away from us to get some more makeup. He bent down so that his mouth was level with my ear.

"Do you want to be punished for that? Hmm?"

My breathing became irregular and I squeezed my legs together. I couldn't let him know that he was affecting me, though.

"You won't do shit," I turned so that he could see me smile.

He chuckled lowly and whispered to me again "We'll see if that's the case later on tonight."

He stood up and winked at me before sitting back down on the bed. Karen came back over and finished my makeup. I got up and grabbed the garment bag that held my outfit and opened it up.

My outfit consisted of a black blouse, creme colored dress pants and black and creme heels. I had a lot of creme colored jewelry, plus my engagement ring.

After I got dressed, I put my curly hair into a neat ponytail and I was ready to go.

"How do I look Applehead?" I stood in front of him and twirled around in a circle.

"You look absolutely beautiful baby girl," he smiled as he stood up. He put his hands on my hips and kissed me softly but firmly.

I pulled away and wiped my lip gloss off his lips. "Ready?"