Chapter 41

Carter's POV

One week later, we were still in Paris. Me and Michael decided to spend Christmas here, which is today.

When I woke up, Michael was still sleeping so I quietly got out of bed and crept into the living room. There was a huge tree that was decorated beautifully, with a few presents underneath for me and Michael to give each other.

I was busy looking at the tree when I felt arms wrap around my waist.

"Merry Christmas baby girl," Michael whispered in my ear.

"Mmm Merry Christmas Applehead," I replied.

"Hot chocolate?"

"Yes please."

Michael let me go and walked into the kitchen to make the hot chocolate. I walked over to the couch and picked up a blanket, wrapping it around myself before I sat down.

I picked up the remote to the television, turning it on and immediately turning to some cartoons. I sat there for a couple of minutes before Michael came back carrying two mugs.

"Room for me?" He asked, smiling. I opened up the blanket and he sat down next to me before I pulled the blanket back over us.

"Here you go. Hot chocolate with two huge marshmallows, just how you like it," he handed me one of the mugs.

I took a sip and sighed in satisfaction. "Thank you Applehead." I leaned over and kissed his forehead.

We sat there in a comfortable silence for a while, watching cartoons and sipping our drinks.

After about a half hour, Michael set his mug on the table in front of us and looked at me.

"Wanna open our presents now?" He wondered. "I got you something really beautiful."

"I mean, I guess but I still don't understand why we even got each other presents. I told you the only thing I needed was you," I told him, grabbing his hand and intertwining our fingers.

He smiled and brought our hands up to his mouth, kissing the back of my hand. "I know baby but it's been a tough year for us and I just wanna spoil you."

"Ugh, fine," I smiled. "Come on."

I stood up and pulled him up too. We walked over to the tree and sat down in front of it. We passed each other the presents we got each other. I got Michael two new Fedora's, some button down shirts, a thin gold chain, and a new watch. He loved them all once he opened them.

Michael got me some blouses, some black high heels (that I had to promise to wear to bed with him) and a beautiful diamond tear drop necklace.

"Baby, I love everything you got me," I told him as he fastened the necklace around my neck.

"I'm happy baby girl. I'd buy you the world because you deserve it." He came from behind me and sat next to me.

"You are my world Michael so I already have it." He smiled and kissed the side of my neck. I sighed and got up to start collecting the wrapping paper that littered the floor. Once I collected the paper, I went into the kitchen to throw it away.

"Baby?" I heard Michael call out.

"Yeah?!"

"I think you forgot to open one of your presents."