Chapter 40

Carter's POV

After taking the train from Disneyland back to the hotel, we went inside to get dressed for this dinner that Michael had planned.

Once I got out of the shower, I dried off and slipped into a blue mini dress. I dried my hair and decided to leave it curly, since Michael likes it that way. Just as I finished putting on my mascara, there was a knock at the bathroom door.

"Baby, are you almost done? Our reservations are at 9 and its 8:49," Michael said.

I walked over and opened the door. "I'm almost done Applehead. I just have to put on my eye shadow and lipstick."

Michael didn't say anything, he just gawked at me.

"Close your mouth Applehead, you're gonna let flies in," I smirked.

He came back to reality and closed his mouth. "You look beautiful baby girl."

"Thank you. You look pretty handsome yourself."

He had on a black dress shirt, a black blazer, black dress pants, and his loafers. His hair was in a ponytail with some curls hanging in his face.

"Thanks. We've gotta go though."

"But Michael, I still have to-"

"No you don't. You don't need that stuff, you're naturally beautiful."

I blushed and nodded. "Fine. Let me get my shoes and purse then we can go."

He smiled and moved out of my way so that I could walk past him. I walked over to the closet, opened it, and grabbed my nude heels from the bottom. I walked back over to Michael and held his forearm to keep me steady while I slipped on one of my shoes.

"Where are we going to eat anyways?" I asked, focused on the strap of the heel.

"There's a wonderful restaurant downstairs, thought it'd be better if we just went there." He answered.

"Why? Paparazzi?"

"Nope. I plan on getting you very drunk tonight baby girl and I figured it'd be better if we were already at our hotel so that we can just come back upstairs." He explained.

"Hmm," I hummed. "Are you planning on trying to take advantage of me, Applehead?" I took my other heel and started to put it on.

"You damn right," he winked at me, making me laugh. After I finished with my shoes, I grabbed my purse and me and Michael walked out of our hotel room. We walked down the hallway to the elevator and once it reached our floor and opened, we stepped inside.

I leaned against the wall while Michael pressed the button for the lobby. He came and stood next to me, grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers.

"I love you baby," he told me.

I looked over at him and smiled. "I love you too." I leaned over and kissed him softly.

The elevator dinged, telling us that we reached the lobby. Michael led me out of the elevator and across the lobby to the restaurant. As soon as we walked in, a waiter walked up to us.

"Hello, Mr. Jackson, Mrs. Jackson. Welcome to Guy's. Your table's right this way." He told us.

Mrs. Jackson?? I looked up at Michael to see if he would say anything but he kept a straight face and followed the waiter. I caught up and the waiter led us to a table right in the middle of the restaurant. I also noticed it was completely empty except for me and Michael.

Michael pulled my chair out for me and after I sat down, he went over to his seat and sat down.

"Here's your menus," the waiter handed us each a menu. "Can I start you off with beverages?"