Chapter 19

Carter's POV

Today, Michael is doing a live interview with the one and only Oprah Winfrey. He's decided that he wants to address all the rumors that have been going on about him the past couple of years.

The crew has been setting up for the past couple of hours and to be honest, it feels weird having all these people in the house. Its like Neverland is being invaded or something.

I was in Michael's room, watching Karen help get him camera ready. Elizabeth was here too, per Michael's request.

"Are you nervous darling?" Elizabeth asked him.

He shook his head. "Not really. I'm kind of ready to get everything out in the open." Karen applied the last of his eyeliner and moved on to his lips.

"Well its about time you did," Karen commented. "These rumors are getting crazier and crazier."

He nodded in agreement since Karen was doing his lips. I knew that I was being a little quite but that was because I was worried. I knew that Oprah was gonna ask him if he was dating or not and I didn't know what I wanted him to say.

If he confirmed that it was me he was dating, I don't know if I'd be ready for all the scrutiny that I'd surely get. If he denied that he was dating anyone, would I feel as though he was denying our love? That last theory was highly unlikely but still.

"Umm you guys, could you give us a moment alone?" Michael asked, motioning between me and him. Liz and Karen nodded and quickly walked out of the room. Michael came over to where I was and sat on the bed. He sat directly in front of me, Indian style.

"What's wrong baby?" He asked, gently.

I didn't know if I wanted to tell him what I had been thinking. Of course, I didn't want to hide my feelings from Michael but I also felt that he didn't need anything else to worry about today.

I must've been thinking for a while cause he rubbed his palm against my cheek. "Baby?" He said again.

"I'm fine Michael," I told him. He raised his eyebrow at me.

"You know baby, I'd really appreciate it if you would stop lying to me all the time." He scolded.

"What do you mean "all the time"?" I didn't try to deny the fact that I lied to him.

"I can tell that you're in deep thought about something when you have that frown on your face. You do it all the time but whenever I ask you what's wrong, you always say "nothing" or "I'm fine". Its like you don't trust me."

"I do trust you but I'm not good with expressing my feelings. You know that."

"But you're always expressing how much you love me."

I laughed. "Cause that's a good feeling. Its hard to talk about the bad feelings."

He grabbed both my hands and held them in his. "Tell me what's on your mind. Please."

I sighed heavily. "What if Oprah asks you if you're dating someone? What're you gonna say?"

"I'm gonna say I'm dating you," he replied almost immediately.

"You sure?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Of course. Carter, I love you and you love me. There's nothing wrong with that."

"I'm not saying that there is but I feel like you get enough shit from the press. You don't need anything else added to that."

"Carter," he sighed. "I'd fight anybody who doubted our relationship."

"You'd fight?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Hey, people in love do crazy things."

"You love me? Aww," I teased, pinching his cheek.

He rolled his eyes playfully. "Of course I love you. You're my world baby."

I smiled widely. "I love you more Applehead." I leaned forward and kissed him passionately. All of a sudden, there was a knock on the door. Michael pulled away from me and sighed.

"Yes?" He asked.

"We're ready for you on set Mr. Jackson," the voice replied.

"Ok, I'm on my way," he said and we could hear the person walking away. Michael turned back to me and grabbed my hands, holding them. "You gonna be ok?"

"Yeah."

"You sure?"

"Positive," I nodded. "I'm good."

"Ok. You gonna come watch me?" He asked. I nodded and he stood up, stretching his hand out to me. I grabbed it and we walked out of the bedroom together. We walked down to the living room, where there were two chairs set up under a multitude of lights.

Michael led me over to where Lizzy and Avery were sitting and he motioned for me to sit down. He grabbed my hands and looked at me.

"Good luck kiss?" He puckered his lips. I giggled and kissed him quickly two times.

"You'll do great. I love you."

"I love you baby." He kissed me one last time before going over and sitting in one of the chairs. Well, here goes nothing.

Please comment, vote, and fan!! Thanks you guys ✌.