Chapter 38

Carter's POV

I sat on top of the suitcase and reached back to zip it up. After failing to do so, I groaned in frustration.

"Liv!!! Come help me with this shit!" I yelled out. A couple seconds later, Liv walked in the room.

"What's up?" She asked.

"Help. Me."

She laughed and walked over to me. She sat on top of the suitcase with me and I managed to zip it all the way closed.

"Why'd you pack so much, Car?" Liv wondered as she stood up. I got up too and picked up the suitcase, setting it by my bedroom door.

"We're gonna be gone for two weeks. I'm gonna need outfit choices," I explained.

"Ok but when you get charged for overweight luggage, don't come whining to me."

"Shut up. When's Eddie getting here?"
She looked down at her wrist where her watch was. "He should be here-"

She got cut off by a horn honking from outside.

"Now," she giggled. I laughed and picked up my purse and jacket, while Liv grabbed my suitcase for me. We walked downstairs and Liv ran to the door to let Eddie in.

"Hey baby!" She squealed.

"Hey" he laughed as she jumped into his arms. They kissed passionately which made me turn my head in annoyance. With my current relationship status, I'm not really that fond of anyone else being happy and content. I sound like a bitch, I know but I can't help it.

"Hey Carter," Eddie said, opening his arms to me. I walked over to him and hugged him tightly.

"How you holding up kid?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I'm alright."

"You sure you wanna go with us? I mean, its Paris."

"I know, I know. The city of love. I don't care though. I need a vacation," I told him. "You and Liv can feel free to do your couple things and I'll spend my time eating and getting drunk."

"Alright," he laughed. "Well, we better get going."

He grabbed our bags and Liv waited for me while I locked up the house. Once I was done, she linked her arm through mines and we started to walk towards the car.

"You know, I'm really glad you decided to come with us. Its gonna be a lot of fun," she gushed.

"Yeah? Well thanks for inviting me. I definitely need to get away." I said and she laughed. We got into Eddie's car and he drove us towards the airport.

12 Hours Later

We stepped off the private jet and onto the tarmac. I breathed in the fresh Paris air and stretched my arms out. Liv and Eddie stepped off the plane behind me and we walked over to the waiting SUV. We loaded up our bags and drove through the city.

Paris is absolutely the most beautiful city I've ever been in. I couldn't wait to walk around and get lost in all of the magic that it had to offer.

Once we pulled up in front of the hotel, we got out and a couple of bellhops got our bags. Eddie checked us in while me and Liv stood staring out of the window.

"Can you believe we're in Paris, France?!" She squealed.

"No. It's absolutely crazy. I can't wait to go exploring."

"Me either. I've gotta sleep off this jet lag though."

"Me too," I laughed.

Eddie came back and we took the elevator up to our rooms. Eddie got us two huge suites, one for him and Liv and one for myself. I used my room key to open the door and I gasped as I looked around the room.