Chapter 36

Carter's POV

I looked across the table at Michael, who was setting down his utensils like he was preparing for battle.

"Excuse me?" My mom asked. "What did you just say?"

"I said Michael will never take their bastard children with him while he's touring. He needs to be focused and not worried about a whore like her." Joseph replied through gritted teeth.

"Ohh, ok. That's what I thought you said," my mom confirmed. All of a sudden, she hopped out of her chair and lunged across the table at Joseph. She slapped him and clawed at his fave before my dad got up and pulled her away.

Katherine got up and tended to Joseph, who was holding his nose. "How dare you attack my husband?!" Katherine shrieked.

"Tell your husband to get some fucking manners!! He just called my only child a whore!" My mom yelled. My dad held her against him so that she couldn't escape his grip.

"She is a fucking whore! She's been cheating on Michael every since they got together!" Joseph snapped. "With that Dominic fellow."

"Joseph, Carter would never do that to me!" Michael finally spoke up.

"Ohh really? Look at these!" Joseph reached inside of his pocket and pulled out what looked like an envelope. He slid it across the table to Michael, who picked it up and opened of. From where I was sitting, it looked like he pulled out some pictures.

After Michael had looked over the pictures, he looked up at me with tears in his eyes. "What the fuck is this?!!" He stood up and threw the pictures at me. I picked them up and looked over them. It was certainly Dominic in the pictures but I wasn't the female that was with him in all of them.

I looked back up at Michael. "This isn't me."

"Carter, it looks just like you. Same height, same hair color, its even the same leather jacket you wear all the time!" He shouted.

"But this isn't me! You're gonna believe your lying ass father over me?! I've been nothing but honest and faithful to you! Why would I cheat on you?" I asked.

"I don't know but its obvious you did."

"My daughter is no cheater," my dad interjected.

"Huh, there's a lot things that you don't know about people," Michael said bitterly.

"I had such high thoughts of you, Carter. I can't believe you'd do that to my baby," Katherine mused.

"But I didn't do it!!! Just because your husband cheated on you and still does, that doesn't mean that I'd do that to Michael!" I stood up from my chair.

Everyone started yelling and arguing at the same time. "Enough!!" Michael shouted and everyone became silent.

"Clearly, it was a mistake to have this dinner tonight. I think everyone should leave." He said.

"You're kicking us out when she's the one that cheated?!" Joseph's voice boomed.

"No. She's leaving too."

"Excuse me?" I scoffed.

He glared at me. "You heard what I said."

I decided not to fight him about it. Obviously, he was being irrational so I just decided to go ahead and go.

"Fine." I turned to my mom and dad. "We're leaving. Let's go."

"Gladly." My mom snapped. Her and my dad went to go get their things while I went upstairs to pack some of the stuff that I had left over here.

Once I got to Michael's bedroom, I went to the closet and pulled out the duffle bag full of clothes that I had brought over here. I slung the strap over my shoulder and headed back downstairs. I grabbed my keys and was about to walk out of the door when I heard my name.

"Carter?" Michael was walking towards me.

"What?" I snipped.

"Why'd you do it?" He asked me. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Your father really has your ass on a leash, doesn't he?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"You're always doing all this stuff to prove Joseph wrong but as soon as he says something, your gullible ass immediately falls for it."

"I'm not falling for anything," he clarified. "He has proof."

"Proof isn't always real, Michael. Remember that." I turned and opened the door, walking outside and slamming the door behind me. I walked to my truck and opened the door, throwing my bag in the passenger seat before getting in.

I started the car and pulled away from the main house and sped down the driveway until I got on the highway. It wasn't until I got halfway home that I felt the tears streaming down my cheeks.

Please comment, vote, and fan! Thanks guys!! ✌