Chapter 29

Carter's POV

The next day, I had noticed that Michael had been avoiding me like the Plague. When we went to bed last night, he didn't hold me like he always did and when I woke up this morning, he wasnt in bed with me.

After I got dressed, I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. Michael and Avery were sitting at the table and it looked like they were discussing business so I didn't interrupt.

"No good morning, baby mama?" Avery smirked.

I turned around and smiled at her. "Sorry but it looked like you guys were busy so I didn't wanna interrupt. Good morning though."

"I'm never to busy for my best friend and my future god daughter. How's my princess doing today?"

I just smiled. "She's fine."

Avery smiled and nodded. I had said that the baby was doing fine but I was getting a little worried. I hadn't felt her kick since yesterday morning and that wasn't normal at all. My next doctors appointment was tomorrow, so I just decided to wait until then to tell my doctor.

I walked over to the stove and saw that there was already a stack of pancakes, eggs, and sausages sitting there. I grabbed a plate and piled the food on. Grabbing a fork, I walked over to the table and sat next to Michael. He glanced over at me then looked back down at the paper he was holding.

"Umm, is everything ok?" Avery asked uncertainly.

"Everything's fine Ave," Michael finally spoke up. Avery arched her eyebrows.

"I'm just asking. Usually, you would've had your tongue down Carter's throat by now."

"Yeah, usually." He snapped back. He sighed and stood up. "I'm going outside."

He walked out of the kitchen without waiting for us to reply. Avery blew air out of her mouth and looked at me.

"Damn, what did you do to him?" She asked.

"That's the thing. I haven't done anything to him. He's been acting like this towards me since last night."

"Mmm. Whatever you did, you really pissed him off."

"I know," I nodded. "I'm gonna go try to talk to him."

"Alright. I gotta go get some things in order. I'll see you later."

We both stood up and we hugged. She rubbed my stomach, causing me to laugh.

"Bye baby mama," she yelled as she left.

"Bye." I heard the front door open and close. I finished my food and after putting my plate in the sink, I walked out of the side door in the kitchen to go look for Michael.

I walked around to the backyard and I didn't see him anywhere. I walked past the pool out to the pasture and shaded my eyes with my hands. I still didn't see him. Just then, I saw Ricky walking across the property.

"Ricky!" He looked up and smiled when he saw me. I walked over to him as quickly as I could.

"How you doing Carter?"

"I'm good. Have you seen Michael?"

"Yeah. He's in his giving tree."

"Ok. Thanks Ricky."

"No problem."

He continued on his way and I made my way to the giving tree. When I got there, I stood by the trunk and looked up into the branches.

"Michael?"

I didn't get a response. I circled around the tree until I saw a fedora poking through the leaves.