Chapter 28

Carter's POV

A couple days later, I was at Neverland, waiting for Elizabeth to come get me. She was getting married, again, in a couple months and she wanted to come dress shopping with her.

I was sitting on the couch, reading a book called Little Women. I was busy reading when I heard Michael's voice from somewhere in the house.

"Carter?!" He yelled.

I rolled my eyes and tried to keep reading, hoping that he would just leave me alone.

"Carter?!"

I sighed and set my book down. "What?!" I yelled back.

"Come here for a second! I'm upstairs!"

I let out an annoyed breath and got up. Rubbing my stomach, I made my way up the stairs. I saw Michael standing by our bedroom door and I walked over to him.

"What do you want?"

"Touchy, touchy." He held his hands up in mock surrender.

"Sorry, but how would you feel if you were 2 years pregnant and your boyfriend made you walk up a flight of steps?"

"You are not "2 years" pregnant, Carter," he laughed. "You're only 4, almost 5 months."

"Yeah, whatever. Why'd you call me up here?"

"I have something to show you but you have to close your eyes."

"Michael, I don't feel like doing this right now." I whined.

"Baby, I promise you're gonna love it," he grabbed my hands and held them in his. "Please?"

He kissed me softly and I sighed. "Alright, alright."

"Good, now close your eyes."

I closed my eyes and I felt him pull my arm so we could start walking. After a couple of steps, we stopped.

"No peeking," he warned.

"I'm not, I'm not."

I heard a door open and he pulled me into the room. The door shut behind us and I heard some shuffling around.

"Michael?"

"Ok baby. Open your eyes."

I opened my eyes and gasped. Michael had decorated a nursery for our little girl. The room was covered in the colors light purple and yellow. The walls were the light purple, with little yellow butterflies all over. The crib was white but had yellow bedding.

There was a white changing table, with purple bedding and a white rocking chair, with a matching foot stool. I looked up and the ceiling had little white clouds painted here and there on it.

"What do you think?" I heard him say.

I looked over at him and he was biting his lip, waiting for my reaction.
"Its beautiful, Applehead." I said, tearing up. Michael smiled and walked over to me. He pulled me into a hug and held me in his arms.

"When did you even do all this? I had no idea," I said.

"All those times I said I was going to the studio or going to a meeting, I was really in here."

"So you were lying to me?" I frowned.

"It was all for a good reason," he laughed.

I giggled and kissed his nose. "You did a good job daddy."

"Why, thank you mommy. You think she'll like it?" He rubbed my stomach.

"I think she'll love it." Just then, I felt a dull pain on my side. I inhaled sharply and scrunched my face up.