Chapter 12

Carter's POV

After a couple days, I finally felt better and had enough strength to do everything myself. Michael tried to stay with me but I convinced him that I was fine.

I was at home when I realized I needed some things from the grocery store. I grabbed my keys and walked outside to my car. I got in, started it up, and pulled off. It was a short drive, only about 5 minutes. After I parked, I got out and grabbed a cart.

I was walking through aisle 4 when I almost ran into somebody else's cart. I looked up and saw Dominic.

"Carter," he smiled lightly.

"Dominic," I replied, with a little attitude. I was a little mad at him because he hadn't even attempted to check on me since I'd gotten sick. Which made no sense because it was kind of, sorta his fault I was even sick in the first place, since he took me to the restaurant.

"How you been doing?" He asked.

"You wouldn't know since you haven't talked to me," I said before I could stop myself.

"Carter, I haven't been ignoring you. I was told to stay away from you."

"What? Stay away from me? But who would-" I stop talking because the name pops right into my head. Michael.

"I'm gonna kill him," I whisper to myself. "Dominic, I'm sorry. I hope Michael didn't say anything too bad to you."

"Nah, not really. He just told me that you love him and he loves you and that I should just stay away."

"Ugh, I can't believe him!" I was highly pissed.

"Don't worry about it. He just wanted to protect you. Little does he know you already told me about you two."

"But still, he had no right to tell you to stay away from me."

He laughed. "Don't worry about it. No harm, no foul."

I smiled and we stood there in an awkward silence for a few seconds.

"Well, I should get going." I said. "I have a superstar to cuss out."

"Alright," he laughed. "Call me later?"

"Yeah, sure."

He gave me a smile and walked away. I walked up to the checkout and paid for my things. I walked back out to my car and put my things in the backseat before getting in the car and starting it. I pulled out of the parking lot and drove in the direction of Neverland.

30 minutes later, I pulled up to the gates. Security recognized me and let me right through. I pulled up in front of the main house and parked. I got out of the car and walked up to the door. I used my key Michael gave me to open the door.

"Michael Joseph Jackson!" I yelled, closing the door behind me.

He came from the direction of the living room and met me in the hallway.

"Baby, what are you doing here? You're still supposed to be resting." He grabbed my hands and held them in his.

"I went to the grocery store today and guess who I saw?" I said. He shrugged his shoulders. "Dominic."

The smile instantly left his face and was replaced with a frown.

"And do you wanna know what he told me?"

He shrugged again.

"That somebody told him to stay away from me. Any idea who would do something like that?" I stood there and waited for him to answer.

"I did it for you Carter."

I snatched my hands from his and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Bullshit! You did it for yourself! You couldn't stand the thought of someone else getting close to me so you told him to stay away. Who the hell are you to tell someone to stay away from me? I'm a grown ass woman!"

"And I know this," he put his hands up in surrender. "But I didn't want him thinking he has a chance when we both know he doesn't.'

"And how do you know that he doesn't?" I titled my head to the side.

"Because you're in love with me baby and you're not gonna stop loving me just because someone else came along."

I groaned in annoyance. "Michael, Dominic is a friend. Just a friend. And for your information, he already knows how we feel about each other because I told him myself."

His eyebrows went up in surprise and his mouth opened a little. "You did?"

"Yeah, I did. I know how you feel about me Michael and you know how I feel about you. I'd never put either one of us in a situation where we could get hurt. I love you too much to do that to you."

He exhaled liked he had been holding in a long breath.

"I'm so sorry Carter. I didn't mean for it to seem like I was trying to control you or anything. I just don't wanna lose you." He hung his head down.

I stepped closer to him and lifted up his chin. "You're not gonna lose me. If anything, you're gonna be trying to get rid of me."

We laughed and he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a hug. I sighed and relaxed into him.

"I love you baby," he pulled back to look at me.

"I love you too Applehead."

We leaned in and were about to kiss until we were interrupted.

"Michael, is everything ok?"

I looked to my left and saw Brooke Shields standing there. I pushed Michael's arms from around me and crossed my arms across my chest.

"Everything's fine, Brooke." He smiled at her. He looked at me and the smile went away. "Brooke, this is Carter. Carter, this is Brooke."

"It's nice to meet you," she grinned at me.

I put on a fake ass smile and nodded. "Nice to meet you too."

"Well, I just came to tell you that the chef said lunch is ready." She said, looking at Michael.

"Ok. I'll be right there."

She nodded and walked towards the direction of the kitchen. Michael looked at me with an apologetic look on his face.

"I know what you're thinking Carter and its not like that." He quickly said.

"Actually, I wasn't thinking anything. Although I don't like her or the fact that you guys were alone together, I actually trust you. So, have a good lunch with your friend. Call me tonight?"

I stood on my tip toes and kissed his cheek.

"Umm, yeah. I'll make sure to."

"Bye Michael."

"Bye baby."

I turned around and walked over to the door. I opened and walked outside to my car. I got in and started it up. As I pulled off down the driveway, I looked in my rear view mirror and saw Michael watching me drive away. I smiled to myself and focused my eyes back on the road.

Kill him with kindness.

Please don't forget to comment, vote, and fan! Thanks guys ✌.