Chapter 45

Carter's POV

A couple of weeks after our interview with Diane, me and Michael decided that we wanted to get started on the wedding planning as soon as possible. Avery found a highly recommended wedding planner, Lawrence Nao, who from what we have seen, does beautiful weddings. We have set up a meeting with him for today, so that we can talk about what we want our wedding to be like.

I still can't believe that me and Michael are actually getting married. It's also hard to believe that our two year anniversary was coming up in like a week. Me and this man have been through so much in two years but I'd go through it all again, multiplied by ten, if it meant that I could still spend the rest of my life with this man. He's my lover, my protector, my best friend, and I love him so much.

"Hey," Michael called, interrupting my thoughts and making me look up at him. "You ok?" 

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied. 

He sat down on the couch next to me and wrapped his arm around me. "You sure? You had your thinking face on again."

I grabbed his hand and intertwined our fingers before kissing his lips lightly. "Positive. I was just thinking about how much I can't wait to be Mrs. Michael Jackson."

 "Mmm, I love the way that sounds," he smirked, kissing me again. "I take it you're ready to go meet the planner then?"

I nodded. "The meeting is at 2:30 but its thirty minutes away and its almost 2:00 now."

"Alright, come on Jackson," he stood up and pulled me up as well. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and walked us to the front door. 

We walked out the front door and down the path to my truck sitting in the driveway. I got in the passenger seat while Michael got in the driver's side. He started up the car and we were on our way.

We ended up making it right on time and walked into the building. It was set up as a beautiful boutique that was dedicated to everything that had to do with weddings. We went to the front desk, where a pretty red head was sitting in front of a computer.

"Hello," I greeted her.

"Name?" She replied without even looking up at us.

"Appointment for Jackson please," Michael said. 

I guess she must've recognized Michael's voice because she looked up in surprise. "Michael Jackson??! Oh my gosh, please forgive me!" She stood up quickly.

"You're fine," he chuckled. "Me and my fiancee have an appointment today with Mr. Nao."

"I'll go get him for you immediately!" She practically yells. She scurries from behind the desk and speed walks over to the door of a conference room, but not without stumbling a little which causes me and Michael to giggle lightly. 

"Look at you, making women weak in the knees," I tease him.

"I didn't do it purposefully," he defended guiltily.

"Baby," I soothe, intertwining our hands. "I was kidding. I know you don't have eyes for anyone but me."

"And you better not forget it," he growled playfully before kissing my forehead. Just then, the red head, along with a man who I'm assuming is Mr, Nao, walked back into the reception area. 

"Hello, I'm Lawrence Nao," he stuck his hand out to Michael, who grabbed it and shook it. "It's nice to meet you Mr. Jackson and Ms. Green."

"Nice to meet you as well, and please, call me Michael," Michael replied. 

"And call me Carter. It's nice to meet you as well," I stuck my hand out for a handshake and he grabbed it but instead of shaking it, he kissed the back of it. I laughed and smiled at him.

"I'll make sure to do that. Shall we get started?" He motioned towards the conference room. We walked inside and me and Michael sat down next to each other. Lawrence closed the door and sat down across from us. 

"So, when did you two become engaged?" Lawrence asked as he opened up a notebook and clicked his pen.

"Christmas Day," Michael replied.

"Aww, romantic," Lawrence gushed, making me giggle. "So, I take it that you two are eager to get married? Being as though you've only been engaged for a little over a month."

"Absolutely. We actually want to be married by the end of this year. The sooner, the better," Michael explained.

"If it were up to Michael, we'd be married by June and I'd be pregnant by July," I joked, making Lawrence laugh loudly. 

"As if you don't want the same thing," Michael smirked and I shrugged.

"Don't worry Michael. Me and my wife got married after knowing each other for a year, got married in August of 1973, had our first child in May of 1974," he chuckled. "Nothing wrong with being eager."

Michael just smiled and kissed my cheek, making me blush.

"So, do we have a date in mind?" Lawrence asked.

"Well, we've actually talked about having a destination wedding so we kind of wanted to base the date off of that." I explained.

He wrote that down. "Any places in particular that aroused your interests?"

"Well, Italy is one because it's beautiful there and there's so many gardens and beautiful buildings that we could choose from," Michael said.

"Paris is also an option because that's where he proposed." I smiled. 

"And London, just because we both love it there," Michael added. 

Lawrence wrote all of that down. "Ok, so what kind of wedding do you both want? Do you guys want traditional, modern, vintage,or anything along those lines?"

I looked at Michael at the same time that he turned to look at me, because we both had no idea. We laughed and turned back to Lawrence. 

"We actually hadn't really thought about it," I admitted. 

"Well, if you'll allow me," he asked and we nodded. He walked over to a wall that had a sheet over it and pulled the sheet off. The wall was covered in prospective wedding theme ideas. 

He took the time to explain every idea to us, and there were some that we hated and some that we loved. In the end, we ended up picking a vintage theme because it was beautiful and elegant, but still simple at the same time. 

"So, I think that's enough for this meeting," Lawrence concluded, writing down some final things. "Next time, we can start to go more in depth into decorations and details like that, alright?" 

I nodded and stood up to hug him. "Thank you so much. I can't wait to see what you come up with." 

"No problem sweetie. I'll call you guys when I have some mock ups put together."

We agreed and Michael shook his hand before we walked out of the building. We got into my truck and pulled off onto the highway back to Neverland.

"I love you baby girl," Michael said, out of nowhere. 

I looked over at him as he brought my hand up to his mouth with one hand and kissed each of my knuckles.

"I love you more Applehead."

Sooo, I know its been a long ass time since I updated but I'm now a freshman in college so I've been pretty busy. I'm going to be updating more often now because I've honestly missed writing soooo much and I didn't realize it until today lol. So I'm going to dedicate myself to finishing this story and then starting another one. I love all of you guys who have voted for and commented on this story, I always notice!! Please comment, vote, and follow me if you enjoyed this chapter!