Chapter 21

Michael's POV

A couple months passed and it was now June. I've been busy preparing for the Dangerous World Tour, which kicks off in three days.

I was at home, packing for the tour since I leave tomorrow morning. I was folding some shirts while Carter sat at the top of the bed watching me.

"Which one should I take?" I held up a blue varsity jacket and a red one. She bit her lip and titled her head to the side.

"The red one."

I nodded and threw the red one on the bed and put the blue one in my suitcase. She picked up a throw pillow and threw it at me, hitting me in the face.

"You're an ass, you know that?" She asked, laughing.

I looked up and put my hand over my heart. "That hurt."

She threw her head back and laughed loudly. Moments like this reminded me just how much I'm gonna miss her. She stopped laughing and looked at me.

"What's wrong babe?" She asked, smiling.

"Nothing," I shook my head. "I'm just gonna miss you. That's all."

Her smile faded and she hung her head down. "I know, I'm gonna miss you too."

I sighed and closed the suitcase. I picked it up and set it on the floor. I kicked off my shoes and climbed onto the bed. I crawled to the top and laid down next to Carter, who was sitting Indian style.

"Come here," I held my arms out and she laid down and snuggled into me. I wrapped my arms around her tightly and rubbed her back.

"Tell me what's on your mind," I said softly.

"I don't want you to leave me at all," she whispered. "But I know you have to, cause its your job."

"It is," I nodded. "Its not like you're not gonna see me at all. You're gonna come see me in three weeks, remember? In Stockholm."

"But we've haven't been away from each for more than a couple days since we've started dating. We spend all of our free time together, we sleep together, everything. I don't know what I'm gonna do without you."

"Aww baby," I pulled away from her so I could look her in her eyes. "Its going to be ok. I'm gonna call you every night and sing you to sleep. Ok?"

"Ok," she laughed. "I love you Applehead."

"I love you more," I said before kissing her softly. I continued to hold her in my arms until we both fell asleep.

Carter's POV 2:45am

I was asleep in our bed when I felt someone shaking me. My eyes fluttered open and Michael was leaning over me.

"Wake up sweetheart." He whispered.

"What time is it?" I asked, yawning.

"2:45."

"You don't have to leave yet. Why'd you wake me up?"

"I wanna do something with you. Come on." He stood up and held his hand out.

"Baby, do I have to?" I whined. I hated being woken up.

"Yes. Now come on." I groaned and sat up. I grabbed his hand and he helped me get up. He led me into the bathroom and over to the counter.

"Sit here and wait." I jumped up and sat on the counter while he walked away from me. He walked over to the shower and turned it on. He stuck his hand under the water and held it there, waiting to get the right temperature.