Chapter 26

Carter's POV

A month and a half later, it was early October. Michael finished the first leg of the tour two days ago and he's on his way home.

As for my pregnancy, it feels like hell. I throw up all day, everyday. I'm tired all the time, hungry all the time, and I have to pee all the time. Nice life, right?

I was 15 weeks along and I found out last week that I'm having a little girl. I haven't told Michael yet cause I wanna see his face when he finds out.

I was in our bedroom, laying in bed watching tv and eating grapes out of a bowl. My feet were swollen and I was having a hot flash. Out of nowhere, I heard a car horn. I slowly got up and looked out of the window.

Michael was getting out of the car and he happened to look up and see me. He waved and pointed down at the ground. He was telling me to come downstairs. I nodded and looked down at my stomach.

"Daddy's home, baby girl," I told her. She kicked softly, which made me smile. I walked out of the bedroom and walked slowly down the stairs. When I made it, Michael and Julie were standing there talking.

"Carter!" Julie squealed. She ran over to me and hugged me. I laughed and hugged back. "How's my baby doing?" She asked, winking at me.

I smiled at her because she knew that the baby was a girl but I made her promise not to say anything to Michael. "He or she is doing fine."

Michael finished talking to security and walked over to us. "Hi baby."

"Hey Applehead." He grabbed me and hugged me tight. It felt good to feel his arms around me again. "I missed you."

"I missed you more," he told me. He bent down and came face to face with my stomach. "Hi baby. I missed you too." He kissed my stomach three times before standing back up.

"About the baby, there's something I have to tell you."

His smile immediately disappeared. "What's wrong? Is the baby ok?"

"Calm down, the baby's fine. She's fine."

"Whew," he let out a breath. "I thought something was wro..Wait, did you just say "she"?"

I nodded. "We're having a little girl."

His smile came back and he kissed me hard. We pulled away after we both ran out of breath.

"I love you so much baby," he said.

"I love you too Applehead," I laughed. "Come on. Let's get you settled in."

Three Hours Later

Me and Michael were laying in our bed together, just talking. I was laying on my side and Michael was laying behind me, with his arms wrapped around me.

"You ever get scared?" He whispered in my ear. I rubbed his forearm and looked back at him.

"Scared?"

"Yeah."

"Scared of what Applehead?"

"Something bad happening."

"Uhh, no. Why do you ask?"

"I don't know," he sighed. "Everything just.....seems too good to be true."

"Are you expecting something bad to happen?"

"Honestly, a little. Usually, when I have a gut feeling about something, I'm right."

"So what you're saying is that you have a gut feeling?"

"Yeah."

I sighed and turned over onto my other side so that I was facing Michael.

"Michael, stop inching around and say whatever it is you have to say."

"Baby, I don't wanna scare you when nothing's probably not gonna happen."

"Tell me."

He sighed and rubbed the bridge between his eyes. "I think something's gonna go wrong with the baby."

My eyes widened. "Why do you think that?"

"I told you, its just a gut feeling."

"Michael, I think I'm the one who will have a gut feeling if something is wrong with the baby. She's in my gut."

He laughs and rubs my stomach, which caused her to kick a little. He gasped and looked up at me.

"She kicks now?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. This was his first time feeling her kick.

"She only kicks at night....or when she hears your name."

"My name?"

"Yeah. When you were gone and would sing to me over the phone, I used to put the phone up to my stomach so she could hear you too. I guess she knew that you were her daddy and so now whenever I say "daddy", she kicks like crazy."

"And my touch?"

"She hears your voice so I guess she assumes its yours. She knows my touch."

He nods thoughtfully and smiles. He scoots down until his face is in front of my stomach.

"Hi baby girl. Its your daddy, although I'm sure you knew that already. I love you so much little one and I promise to always protect you and keep you safe. I love you." He left a lingering kiss on my stomach and then rubbed it. She kicked four times.

"She said she loves you too." I told him. "and her mommy does too."

Michael came back up to my face and kissed me lightly. I turned away from him and he wrapped his arms around again, pulling me into him.

"Good night baby girl."

"Good night Applehead."

"Umm, I was talking to the baby Carter," he giggled.

I hit him and he kissed my neck.

"I love you Carter."

"I love you too Michael."

Please comment, vote, and fan! Thanks guys ✌