Chapter 7

Michael's POV

Its been a month since I've seen or talked to Carter. I know she was upset but I didn't think it was this serious. I really miss talking to her and having her around. I miss her presence.

I was laying in bed and I couldn't sleep. I looked over at the clock and it read 2:26am. I sighed and grabbed the phone off of the receiver. I dialed Carter's number and put it up to my ear as it rang.

"Hello?" I could tell she had been asleep.

"Hey."

"Michael? Why are you calling me at almost 2:30 in the morning?"

"I couldn't sleep."

"So that means I can't sleep either?"

I shook my head at her sarcasm. "I just wanted to talk to you. I feel like shit about what happened."

"As you should. Now, I'm going to hang up the phone and go back to sleep, ok? Great."

"Carter!" I hoped she hadn't hung up on me.

She let out a long groan. "What Michael?!"

"Can you come over?"

"For what?"

"I wanna talk to you and I think we should do it face to face."

She hesitated for a second and then sighed. "Fine. I'll be there soon."

"Thank you."

"Whatever." She hung up the phone and so did I. 45 minutes later, security called to let me know that she was on her way up to the main house. I jumped up and pulled on a T-shirt before walking out of my room and down the stairs.

Just as I stepped off the last stair, the front door opened and Carter walked in. She closed the door behind her and looked at me.

"Hey," I said quietly.

"Hi," her voice sounded monotone. I walked over to her and stood right in front of her. She hung her head down so that she could avoid my eyes. I lifted her head up by her chin and looked over her face. She looked beautiful as always.

"What are you staring at?" She asked me.

"I haven't seen you in a month. Im familiarizing myself with you again."

She sucked her teeth and pushed my hand off her chin. "You said you wanted to talk. Start talking."

"Come on." I walked in the direction of the living room and she followed behind me. I sat down on the couch and so did she, but she made sure to put some distance between us.

"Carter, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"Yeah, right."

"Honestly. I love you."

I don't know what happened but she burst out crying. I moved closer to her and wrapped my arms around her. Surprisingly, she didn't push me away.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked quietly.

She sniffled and looked up at me. "You don't know how it feels to care about someone so much and have them just push you away. It makes me feel like I'm not good enough."

"No, no, no," I tightened my arms around her. "Baby, dont ever blame yourself for my problems. It has nothing to do with you. Ok?"

She nodded and sniffled again, hiding her face in my chest. After what seemed like forever, she finally said something.

"I'm sorry Michael. I didn't mean to flip on you like that. I was just mad. I don't even know why, I just was."

"Baby, its ok," I said. "I understand. You had every right to be upset."

She pulled away from me and climbed on top of me so that she was straddling me.

"Say it again." She said.

I raised my eyebrows. "Say what?"

"Michael.... Say it again."

It took me a second to realize what she meant but when I did, I smiled. "I love you Carter."

"I love you too Michael." She held my face in her hands and kissed me. After we pulled away, I hugged her tight.

"Mmm I missed you so much. Don't you ever go a whole month without talking to me ever again."

"I won't," she giggled. "I missed you too though Applehead."

I smiled and looked at the clock. It was 3:32am. I looked back at her and sighed.

"Why don't we go get some sleep?" I told her. She nodded and got off of me. I stood up and grabbed her hand, leading her upstairs to my room. Once we got there, she took off her jacket and shoes before getting in bed with me.

"Michael?" She asked as she snuggled up to me.

"Hmm?"

"What are we gonna do about our relationship?"

I thought about it. "Well, I don't wanna leave you alone. I love you too much."

"I love you more," she smiled. "But seriously, if you don't wanna be with me, maybe we should slow this down."

"Slow down?"

"Yeah. You have to admit, we have moved pretty fast."

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I sighed. "So what, we're just friends?"

"I guess you could say that. It's more like that fuzzy area between friends and a relationship."

"Well since we've cleared that up, can I go to bed now?" I asked, closing my eyes.

"Oh now you're tired but you called and woke me up at 2 in the morning."

"Shut up," I hit her with my pillow. "Go to bed."

"Ok," she laughed. "Good night Applehead."

"Good night baby." I wrapped my arms around her and we drifted off to sleep.

Please remember to comment, vote and fan! Thanks guys ✌.