Chapter 11

A Week Later

Carter's POV

I was at home, watching tv in bed. I had food poisoning, which I got from the food at the restaurant me and Dominic went to two days ago. The first date went so good, I let him take me on another but now I wished I hadn't.

I was flipping through the channels when I stopped at a news station The entertainment section was playing and they were talking about Michael.

"Last night, the King of Pop was seen out and about with model Brooke Shields. They had an intimate dinner together at the Grove before leaving together, hand in hand."

Is he serious? Was he really trying make me jealous? He's so childish. As I continued watching, the phone rang. I reached over and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby." It was Michael.

"Don't "hey baby" me. What's up with you going out to dinner with Brooke Shields?"

"Is someone jealous?" He laughed.

"No but I thinks its cute that you're trying to make me jealous."

"Make you jealous? Don't flatter yourself."

I was about to say something but I broke into a coughing fit. When I was finished, I put the phone back up to my ear.

"Are you sick?" He asked.

"No, I coughed because I miss you so much."

"Seriously Carter."

"Yeah, I have food poisoning."

"Why didn't you tell me?" He sounded upset.

"Umm, I've been sick before Michael. I think I can survive."

"But I wanna take care of you."

I couldn't help but smile. "Fine. Wanna come over?"

"I'll be there in 20."

"Ok. Bye."

"Bye baby."

I put the phone back on the receiver. I was sweating like crazy so I pulled off the sweater I had on, which left me in my tank top. I laid down and ended up drifting off to sleep.

30 minutes later.

I was sleeping when I felt someone kiss my forehead. My eyes fluttered open and Michael was sitting on the edge of the bed next to me.

"Hey baby girl," he smiled softly.

"Hey," I said as I stretched out. "Sorry for falling asleep."

"You're fine. Good thing you have a spare key, right?" He laughed.

"How the hell do you keep finding my damn key? I've re-hidden it twice now."

"A magician never reveals his secrets."

I rolled my eyes and I noticed that he had a plastic bag with him. "What's in there?" I asked, pointing to it.

"Oh. Well, I told my cook that you weren't feeling well so she sent you some soup." He opened the bag and pulled out a plastic bowl with a lid on it. He handed it to me and I could feel that it was still warm.

"Great. What kind?" I said, taking the top off the bowl.

"Chicken noddle."

I smiled. "Even better. Got a spoon?"

He reached into the bag and handed me one. I smiled and started to eat the soup.

"I also got you some vapor rub, cough medicine, cough drops, tea, and some movies because I know you're probably gonna be stuck in bed."

"Aww, thank you Applehead. I really appreciate it."

"No problem. Anything for you baby." He leaned in to kiss me and I held my hand in front on my lips so that he ended up kissing my hand.

"No kisses for you, Mr. I-Went-On-A-Date-With-Brooke-Shields."

"And I thought you said you weren't jealous?" He smirked.

"I'm not but you can't come in here trying to kiss me when you probably kissed her last night."

"I didn't kiss her though. It wasn't even a date. Since she moved to New York, she doesn't get to come to California often so we decided to get some dinner and catch up. That's it."

"That's it?" I questioned.

"That's it."

"Mmm," I said. "Alright."

"You believe me, don't you?"

"It doesn't matter if I do or not. You're not my boyfriend so you're free to do what you want."

"Carter, you know I'm yours. I've been yours every since that first dance."

I smiled at the memory. Who knew that night would lead to where we are now?

"I love how you always throw the fact that you're not my girlfriend up in my face," he said, bringing me back to reality.

"Well I can't help it. Its great ammunition," I smiled.

"It is but a little hurtful."

I shrugged and finished eating my soup. Michael took the bowl from me and set it on the nightstand. He took off his shoes and climbed into bed next to me. I immediately snuggled into him, laying my head on his chest and wrapping an arm around his waist.

"Aren't you worried about possibly getting sick?" I asked him.

"Only thing I'm worried about is you getting better."

I looked up at him and smiled. "If I wasn't sick, I'd give you the biggest kiss."

"Come here." He lifted my head and pressed his lips against mines. After a few seconds, he pulled away. "I love you baby."

"I love you too Applehead." I laid my head back on his chest and closed my eyes. Soon enough, I drifted off to sleep.

Michael's POV

Carter had fallen asleep on me but I was still up, watching tv. All of a sudden, the door bell rang. I slowly moved myself from under Carter and put a pillow in my spot, which she hugged tightly. I sped walked downstairs and over to the door. I opened it and saw Dominic standing there.

"Oh. Hi Michael," he smiled weakly.

"Hey."

"Is Carter here? I wanted to check on her and make sure she's alright."

"She's upstairs sleeping. How'd you know that she's sick?"

"I'm the one who took her to that restaurant and she called me the next day to see if I was feeling sick too."

"You're the one who made her get sick?" I grit my teeth.

"Well, it wasn't my fault. I didn't cook the food."

"You know, I should probably just make this clear for you. Carter isn't interested in you so you should just leave her alone."

"I'm pretty sure Carter can make her own decisions and I think she wants to keep me around."

"As a friend, maybe. Anything more, I doubt it."

He rolled his eyes. "And just how do you know that?"

"Because she's in love with me," I smiled. "And I'm in love with her. So, with that being said, stay away from her. Thank you."

I slammed the door in his face. I didn't actually feel threatened by him, I just didn't want him getting too close to my Carter. She's mine and I'll be damned if I let anyone take her from me.

Please comment, vote, and fan! Thanks guys! ✌