Chapter 27

Michael's POV

A couple of days later, I was at home, in my office taking care of some business. While I was doing that, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," I said, not taking my eyes off the contract in front of me.

"Hey Applehead." I looked up and saw Carter sticking her head in.

"Hey baby," I smiled. "Come in."

She opened the door all the way and walked in, closing the door behind her. She had on a dark blue sundress that showed off her baby bump and her hair was in a bun with curly tendrils framing her face. She was glowing and she looked absolutely beautiful.

She walked around the desk to where I was sitting and sat on the desk. I pushed my chair out so that I could look at her.

"What are you up to?" She asked me.

"Just looking over this contract."

"Contract for what?"

"The Super Bowl Halftime show."

Her eyes brightened and she had a huge smile on her face. "Are you gonna do it?"

"I don't know, I've been thinking about it."

"You should do it!"

"You think?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yeah! You're Michael fucking Jackson!"

I glared at her. "Language, Carter. She can hear you," I pointed at her baby bump.

"Yeah right Michael. Like her first word will be "fuck". Give me a break," she laughed.

I laughed and shook my head. "What's up with you baby?"

She thought for a second. "Ohh, I came to ask if you wanted to come to my prenatal appointment with me."

"Of course. Everything alright?"

"Yeah. Its just a regular check up. Ricky's already downstairs waiting."

"What time is your appointment?" I looked at my watch. "Its 12:02 now."

"Its at 1 so we better leave now."

"Ok, come on."

I grabbed her hand and helped her down off the desk. We walked out of my office and down the stairs. We went outside and Ricky already had the car running so we got in and he sped out of the gates of Neverland and onto the highway.

45 minutes later, we pulled up to UCLA medical center. Luckily, there were no fans in sight. We got out of the car and walked into the building. We walked up to the front desk, where a receptionist was typing away on a computer.

"Hi, I have an appointment with Dr. Waters." Carter told the receptionist.

"Name please?"

"Carter Green."

She typed something into her computer and nodded. "Ok, just sign in and I'll let him know you're here."

Carter nodded and signed her name on the sign in sheet that was at the front of the desk.

"Have a seat, he'll be right with you." She told us.

Carter grabbed my hand and led me over to a row of chairs. She sat down and pulled me into the chair next to her. She exhaled heavily and relaxed into the chair.

"You ok baby?" I asked.

"I'm tired. Your daughter takes most of my energy."

"Aww," I leaned over and kissed her forehead. "It'll be ok."