Chapter 43

Super long chapter..... Consider yourself warned!

Carter's POV

A couple of days later, it was finally New Year's Eve. I was so excited to finally put this horrible year behind me and start the new year as Michael's fiancée.

Me and Michael decided to have a New Year's Eve party to help celebrate. Also, since no one knows about our engagement, we figured that this would be the easiest way to tell all of our loved ones at the same time.

Against my better judgement, I made Michael extend the invitation to to Joseph, as well as his mother. I know that when Joseph finds out that we're engaged, he's going to be livid but I want him to see that he didn't break us apart, like he thought he did.

"Baby?" Michael called out from the walk in closet, breaking me away from my thoughts.

"Yes Applehead?"

"What color are you wearing tonight?"

"Umm, I wasn't sure yet," I say, knowing that he's gonna come question me about my lack of an outfit.

Sure enough, he pops his head out of the bathroom and looks at me.

"What do you mean? You have an outfit, right?" He asked.

I turned around to face him before biting my lip and shaking my head no.

He groans and his head disappears. He steps out of the bathroom a couple of moments later with a towel around his waist and one over his hair.

"Why don't you have something picked out baby?" He wondered, rubbing the towel over his hair.

"I couldn't find anything to wear. Nothing screams "New Year's Eve/Engagement party" to me," I laughed.

He chuckled and walked over to me. "Why don't you let me pick something for you?"

"You?" I raised an eyebrow and he nodded. Michael does have great fashion sense so I figured it'd be fine. "Alright, go ahead."

"Great," he leaned down and pecked my lips. "Finish your makeup and I'll leave it in the wardrobe, ok?"

"Yep. One more kiss though," I pleaded. He smiled and kissed me harder and longer this time.

Once he pulled away, he walked into the wardrobe and I went back to doing my makeup.

Once I finally finished, I stood up and Michael just happened to walk out of the closet fully dressed at the same time.

He had on a classic black suit, with a dark blue button up shirt underneath his suit jacket. He also had on his loafers and his gold chain that I bought him for Christmas.

"Aww you look so handsome Applehead," I reached up and grabbed his cheek.

He smiled and pushed my hand away. "Thanks. Go get dressed. I can hear people arriving."

I nod and walk into the closet. When I see what he picked out for me, I smile. Its a strapless blue dress with a plunging neck line that ends just above my knees. There's also a band of crystals around the midsection and a slit on the left side.

I grabbed it and quickly slipped it on. However, I couldn't get the zipper in the back up so I walked back into the bedroom, hoping that Michael was still here.

Thankfully, he was and when he saw me, his face lit up.

"You look beautiful," he got up and walked over to me.