Chapter 2

Michael's POV

It was 6:43 and today was the day of the American Music Awards. I was dressed in a red silk shirt, black jacket with a red arm band, black pants, and my loafers. I had my hair in my usual half up, half down. I walked downstairs, where Avery was waiting for me.

"Michael, we're gonna be late!" She nagged. She had on a silk baby blue dress that hugged her curves. Her hair was in an elegant updo. She looked really pretty.

"Calm down. I'm ready now so we can leave," I said. Me and her, along with my security, walked outside and got into the SUVs. We pulled out of the jackets and onto the highway. After 5 minutes, we ended up hitting traffic because everyone was trying to get to the awards show.

"See," Avery groaned. "All this could've been avoided if you started getting dressed when I told you to."

I chuckled and shook my head. After 40 minutes, we finally pulled in front of the Shrine Auditorium. I got out and security rushed to cover me. Since I was late, I was escorted straight into the building and to my seat. I realized I was sitting next to Whitney Houston, who smiled as soon as she saw me.

"Michael!" She ran up to me and hugged me tight. "How are you?"

"I'm great Whitney and how about you?"

"Good, good. When are you releasing your next masterpiece?"

"It should be finished in the next couple months," I laughed. "Congratulations on your album, by the way."

"Thanks." The directors gave the cue that the show was about to start so we took our seats.

An Hour Later

As the show went on, I realized that my award was coming up and I started to get nervous. Of course I was happy that people loved my work so much but I was never satisfied with it.

I was sitting in my seat, talking to Eddie Murphy when Avery walked up.

"They're presenting your award in 10 minutes," she told me and I nodded. I looked back and forth between her and Eddie while they gave each other dirty looks.

"Avery," he said.

"Edward," she scoffed. I stifled a laugh and Eddie stood up.

"Well, I'm gonna go get in place. See y'all later," he said before walking away. Avery sighed and sat down in her seat on my left side.

"Ave, give him a break," I whispered. Avery and Eddie dated for about a year until they had a nasty break up about two months back.

"Fuck him," she rolled her eyes. I was about to say something else but the directors gave the cue again. I looked up at the screen and a montage of my life and musical career started playing. It kind of made me tear up, thinking about how far I've come.

"Please welcome the recipient of the Special Achievement Award, my friend, Michael Jackson!!" Eddie said.

The crowd applauded. I hugged Avery and Whitney before I got up and made my way to the stage. I walked up the stairs and over to Eddie, who handed me my award. I turned to the crowd and did a little dance move, which caused the applause to become deafening.

Carter's POV

Me and Olivia walked into this nightclub, where the afterparty was being held. I had on a red lace body con dress, and my hair was in a curly messy bun. Me and Liv walked over to the bar and the bartender came over to us.

"Wanna order ladies?" He asked, flashing a smile at us and leaning towards us.

"I'll have a dirty martini," Liv answered and leaned on the bar so a little of her cleavage showed. I laughed and shook my head.

"I'll have a strawberry daiquiri," I said. He nodded and left to make out drinks. Liv looked around and then back at me.

"Do you see anyone you know?" She yelled over the music.

I did a quick scan and shook my head. "No but don't worry. We're bound to run into somebody eventually."

She nodded and the bartender came back and set our drinks in front of us. I was drinking mine when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around and smiled widely.

"Eddie!" I threw my arms around him, hugging him tightly.

"How you doing girl? I haven't seen you in forever," he looked me up and down.

"I know, I know. I've been good though. I don't even need to ask you how you've been, Mr. Mega Superstar!"

"Well, what can I say?" He laughed. He looked at Olivia and licked his lips. "Who's your friend Carter?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Eddie, this is my best friend Olivia Martin. Liv, this is Eddie Murphy."

They shook hands and greeted each other.

"Do y'all have a table?" He asked.

"Nah, we just got here not too long ago." Liv spoke up.

"Come back to VIP with me."

"We wouldn't wanna impose," I said.

"No imposition. We have plenty of room. Come on."

We grabbed our drinks and filled Eddie back to VIP. When we got there, Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson were sitting there talking. We walked up to them and Eddie introduced us.

"You guys, these are my friends Carter Green and Olivia Martin. You two, this is Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson."

Whitney got up and hugged us both. "Its nice to meet you two." We agreed and Michael just nodded at us. We all sat down and started talking. Whitney was on the end, then Eddie, Liv, me and Michael on the other end. While we were talking, Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up started playing.

"Aw, I love this song," Whitney yelled before running out to the dance floor. Eddie stood up and held his hand out to Liv.

"Wanna dance?" He asked her. She looked at me for confirmation and I hit her with my elbow, telling her to go ahead. She grabbed his hand and they walked off. I continued to sit there and dance in my seat. Michael hadn't said anything to me but I really didn't mind it. I was still listening to the music when I heard a soft voice.

"Would you like to dance?" He whispered.

"Sure," I smiled. "Why not?"

Please comment, vote, and fan. Thanks guys. ✌