Chapter 3

Michael's POV

She grabbed my hand and led me out onto the dance floor. We kept going until we were in the middle of the floor and she turned around to face me. She started to dance, all the while having this huge smile on her face. I started to move with her. She grabbed my hands and held them in hers while she sung the words.

Never gonna give you up,

Never gonna let you down

Never gonna run around

And desert you

I laughed and wrapped my arms around her waist. We both continued to dance goofily. Soon, the song ended and Forever Mine by the O'Jays started playing. I dropped my arms from her waist and looked down. I assumed since it was a slow song, she'd wanna stop dancing.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She wondered.
I looked up and she had a deflated look on her face.

"I thought you might not wanna dance anymore...." I stated. She laughed. "Why wouldn't I? Because its a slow song?"

I shrugged my shoulders and looked back down. I felt her hand grab my chin gentley and she lifted my head up. "I'd love to dance with you."

I blushed hard and wrapped my arms around her waist slowly. She placed her arms around my neck and pulled me close. Laying her head on my shoulder, we swayed slowly to the music. I tightened my grip on her waist, pulling her even closer, if that was possible.

I've danced with plenty of girls before but its never felt like this. Its like her body fit perfectly against mines as we danced together. It kind of felt like we were the only one's in the entire building.

The song ended and we stopped moving. She lifted her head off my shoulder and looked into my eyes. Her eyes were the most beautiful shade of brown I've ever seen in my life.

"Remind me of your name again," I requested. She smiled brightly. "Carter. Carter Green."

Carter. It definitely fit her. She pulled her arms from around my neck and I moved mines from her waist.

"Im Michael. Its nice to meet you." I stuck my hand out and she shook it. "What do you say about us getting out of here?"

She looked around and sighed. "I came here with my friend, and I really don't wanna leave her by herself."

I nodded in understanding. All of a sudden, Eddie and the girl Carter was with earlier ran up to us.

"Hey Car, I was gonna leave with Eddie. Are you ok to get home?," She asked Carter.

"Yeah, I guess. Have fun you too; Not too much though." She eyed then both and they just laughed. As they walked away, she turned back to me.

"Does your offer still stand?" I smiled. "Yes, it does." She grabbed my hand and we started to weave our way through the crowd. We made it to the exit, where some of my body guards where. I let them know that I was ready to leave and they escorted us outside. I opened the door to the Escalade and let Carter get in first before getting in behind her.

"So, where are we going Michael?," She wondered, smiling at me. "There's a little cafe not too far from here. I go there all the time and I thought we could get to know each other." She nodded and looked out of the window, smiling.

10 minutes later, we pulled up to the cafe. It was 1am so it was practically empty. I helped her out of the truck and we walked in. We sat in a booth, on opposite sides, and ordered some coffee. As we waited for them, I took the time to really look at her.

Her skin was a caramel color, and she had really light brown eyes. Her hair was somewhat similar to mines, except hers was longer and hers wasn't as curly as mine. She had a beauty mark on the right side of her face and a scar right above her right eyebrow. She was beautiful.

"Michael?" She waved her hand in front of my face. I snapped out kf my trance. "Yes?"

"Are you ok?" She wondered. I nodded. "Yeah, why do you ask?" She smiled and shook her head. "Cause you were kinda staring at me."

I started blushing really hard. "Sorry. I just, sorry." She reached over and rubbed my arm. "Its ok." I looked down at my arm and back up at her. Just then, the waitress cane back with our coffees. She set them in the table and walked away. We both grabbed our cups and took a sip.

"So Carter," I started. She took the cup from her mouth and looked at me. "What do you do for a living?"

"Im a music journalist." I raised my eyebrows. "You like music then?" "Love it. I would've been a singer but my voice sucks. We both laughed.

For the next hour, we just sat there and talked. She was so funny and a sweethart, but I could tell that she was sassy too. She looked at the clock on the wall and looked back at me.

"We should get going." I frowned slightly but quickly put on a fake smile. "You're right. Come on." I stood up and held my hand out. She grabbed it and got up. She didn't let go as we walked back to the car. I helped her into the car then got in myself. The ride to her place was pretty quiet for the most part. After 15 minutes, we pulled into the driveway of her house. We both got out and I walked her to her door.

"Well, this is my place." I nodded and smiled slighty. "I had a lot of fun tonight, Michael. I needed that."

"I completely understand, I did too." We kinda stood there in silence until she cleared her throat.

"Well, goodnight Michael." She turned around and unlocked the front door. She opened it and was about to step into the door but I stopped her.

"Carter?" She turned back to me. "Yeah?" I knew exactly what I wanted but I couldn't seem to get the words to come out. I guess she could see that I was struggling because she stepped up to me, so that we were almost chest to chest. She looked into my eyes and then down to my lips.

She slowly pressed her lips onto mine. It was really slow and sweet but fulfilling at the same time. She pulled away and looked at me, smiling. "Is that what you wanted?" She asked. I blushed and nodded.

"Thought so." She turned to go in the house but I grabbed her arm and pulled her back into me. "Michael, what are you-" I cut her off by kissing her passionately. She moaned and wrapped her arms around my neck. I've never had a kiss feel like how it felt with her. I pulled away and she slowly opened her eyes.

"I wanted that too." She giggled and hit my shoulder. "Can I see you again soon?" I asked. She nodded quickly. She opened her purse and pulled out a little card, handing it to me. "Here's my number. Just call me." I nodded and smiled at her. "Goodnight Carter." "Goodnight Michael." She gave me one last kiss, turned around and walked into the house. I walked back to the car with one thought on my mind: I couldn't wait to see her again.

Please comment, vote and fan. Thanks guys. ✌