Chapter 24

Carter's POV

I had been on tour with Michael for over a month now and it had been going pretty good. I've been adjusting to the late night flights, different hotels every other day, and the hundreds and thousands of fans everywhere we went.

There was just one downside: I've been feeling really sick for the past week or so. I figured it was just a stomach bug but I haven't been able to get rid of it yet.

We were in Frankfurt, Germany and I was at the hotel while Michael went to the arena for a quick sound check. Me and Avery were in the sitting room, talking.

"What are you getting Michael for his birthday?" She asked, since his birthday is tomorrow.

"I got him this dog tag and had it engraved. Here, I'll show it to you."

I reached down on the floor to get the shopping bag. I pulled out the jewelry box and opened it. I handed it to Ave and she gasped.

"Its beautiful." She gushed, making me laugh. "To the love of my life, happy 34th birthday. I love you. Carter." She read the inscription. "Aww, he'll love it!"

"You think so? I spent weeks trying to figure out what to get him."

"Yeah but did you ask him what he might want?"

"Of course I did but you know how Michael is about his birthday."

"Yeah, you're right," she nodded in agreement. "Still, I think its a great gift."

"Thanks. What'd you get him?"

"Oh, I got him this jacket he pointed out to me when we were in London."

She started to describe the jacket and I tried to listen but I couldn't ignore the nausea that I was starting to feel. I guess she noticed the look on my face because she stopped talking.

"You feeling ok, Car?"

"Not really," I answered honestly.

"Do you need something?"

"No, I don't think," I started to say before I jumped up and ran into the bathroom. I lifted the toliet seat and vomited into the toilet. After I empied my stomach, I sat on the bathroom floor and took a deep breath. Pretty soon, Ave appeared in the doorway.

"Carter, are you pregnant?"

I looked up at her and laughed. "No, I'm not pregnant."

"You sure? I mean, you've been feeling sick for a couple weeks now and I know you've been throwing up lately."

"Ave, I'm not pregnant."

"When was your last cycle?"

I sat there and thought about it. I hadn't had a period since early June.

"June. But me and Michael use condoms."

"Every time?"

I thought about it again. Oh...my... God. That time in the shower the morning he left for the tour. I put my hands in my hands and took a shaky breath. Avery walked over and got on her knees next to me.

"Its ok Car. You want me to go get some tests?"

I shook my head yes. She patted my shoulder, got up, and walked out of the bathroom. I felt sick again and pretty soon, I was back over the toilet. When I had finally felt like I was going to be ok, I brushed my teeth and wiped my face. As I walked back into the sitting room, Avery came back with a bag in her hand.

"That was quick," I said. She handed me the bag and I looked inside.

"I know that you wanna find out so I hurried."

She bought me three tests, all different brands. I looked at her in confusion.

"Just in case we get a faulty test." She reasoned.

I laughed and shook my head. I walked into the bathroom and closed the door. I opened all the tests and peed on each stick. Once I put the tops on them and washed my hands, I called Avery into the bathroom.

"How long do we have to wait?" She said, looking at the sticks.

"One minute. If there's two lines, that means I'm pregnant." I explained.

She nodded and we stood there waiting. After the minute passed, we both looked down at the sticks.

They all had two lines. I looked at Avery and she looked right back at me.

"You're pregnant," she smiled.

"I'm pregnant," I repeated. Pregnant? The word was honestly foreign to me.

"You're not excited?" She asked.

"I'm just...shocked right now, I guess. How am I gonna tell Michael?"

"Oh, he's gonna be so excited! You can tell him tomorrow! It'll be the best present you could give him."

I nodded, still too shocked to say anything. All of a sudden, we heard a door open and then close, making us freeze.

"Baby? Ave?"

Avery looked at me with panic written all over her face. "He's back! Hide the tests!" She whispered/screamed.

We grabbed the tests and threw them into the cabinet under the sink.

"Get the boxes and instructions too!" I told her. She grabbed the boxes and threw them in the toilet.

"Really Ave? Are you serious?" I scolded. "The fucking toliet?"

"I'm sorry, ok? I panicked!"

I walked over and looked in the toliet. "We can't flush these down like this, the toliet will clog."

"You're right but who's gonna get them out?"

"You are. I'm not reaching my hand in there."

"Why do I have to do it?"

"Avery? Carter? Y'all here?" Michael yelled and it sounded like he was getting closer to the bathroom.

"Look, whatever you do, do it fast. I'll go distract Michael."

She nodded and I walked out of the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I went into the kitchen area and Michael was sitting at the table, eating some noodles.

"Hey Applehead." I walked up and gave him a hug from behind.

"Hey baby." He leaned back and puckered his lips for a kiss. I leaned down and kissed him softly.

"How was sound check?"

"It was good. Where's Ave?"

Just then, Avery walked in and immediately began looking in the cabinets.

"Hey Ave." Michael said.

"Hey Mike," she replied. You could barely hear her, though because she was in the cabinet.

"What are you looking for?" He asked.

"Oh, nothing," she stood up with a pair of rubber gloves and a bunch of plastic bags in her hands. She walked out and went back in the bathroom.

"What is she doing?" Michael looked up at me.

"Don't worry. You'll find out soon." I kissed his cheek before I walked away.

Don't forget to comment, vote, and fan. Thanks guys