Chapter 6

Carter's POV

For the past three months, me and Michael have been pretty much inseparable. I love being around him because he's such a sweetheart and funny. He just makes me happy.

We haven't talked much for the past 3 weeks though because he's been really busy with work. Its been kind of hard on me because I never know when Im gonna hear from him or see him.

I was at home, making me some dinner. It was Friday and it had been a long day at work. I was dancing to the music on the radio when the doorbell rang. I turned down the iye on the stove and ran to answer the door. When I opened it, Michael was standing there.

"Michael!" I said, surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"Are you gonna ask me questions or are you gonna kiss me?"

I rolled my eyes playfully and jumped on him, kissing him passionately. He kissed me back and after we ran out of breath, he set me down.

"Come in, come in." I grabbed his arm and pulled him inside. He took off his shoes and followed me into the kitchen. He sat on the counter while I checked on the food.

"Why didn't you call me and tell me that you were back in town?" I asked. "I would've come over."

"I wanted to surprise you. Whatcha cooking, spaghetti?"

I nodded. I put the lid on the pot to let the food cook some more and then walked over to him. I stood in between his legs and held his face in my hands.

"I missed you," I whispered. He chuckled and set his hands on my hips.

"Mmm I missed you too baby," he said before he leaned down and kissed me. I moaned and wrapped my fingers in his hair. He moved his hands down to my ass and gripped it firmly, making me gasp.

"Do you always walk around with just a shirt on?" He whispered.

"When it's your shirt, yeah," I nodded. He pulled away from me and scanned over the black button up shirt I had on.

"That is my shirt. Thief," he said smiling.

"Sorry. I just wanted something to remind me of you while you were gone."

"Don't apologize, it's ok." He flashed another smile at me and I kissed him again. His hands slid down and he cupped my butt and squeezed it. I moaned and pulled away from him a little.

"Don't go too far Michael," I told him. He shook his head.

"I'm not, I just can't help it though," he laughed. "You do something to me baby."

I giggled and laid my head in the crook of his neck. "Just so I'm clear on this," he started. "When are you gonna let me make love to you?"

I lifted my head and looked at him. "I don't know. You know I'm still a virgin."

"I do know that. But I'd love to be your first."

"Being honest, I'd love for you to be my first too, but I'm not even your girlfriend yet."

"Carter, you know why though. I don't have time to commit myself to a relationship and if I'm gonna be with you, I wanna do it right."

"So, you can't be my boyfriend but you can take my virginity?"

He didn't say anything and I rolled my eyes before pulling away from his arms and walking back over to the stove. It wasn't long before I felt him behind me as he wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Carter, you know how I feel about you," he whispered in my ear.

"Of course I do, and you know how I feel about you so I don't get why we can't take that step."

He sighed heavily and shook his head. "Its complicated."

I turned off the stove and pushed his arms off of me before I walked out of the kitchen. Michael caught up to me and grabbed my arm, making me stop walking.

"Will you stop running away from me?!" He said through gritted teeth.

"I'm not running. I just don't wanna hear any of the bullshit you're gonna try to feed me."

"I'm not feeding you "bullshit", I'm trying to be honest with you. Hell, I love you Carter."

I stared at him and I felt my glare soften. I had been waiting for him to say those words but it sucked that the first time he'd said it, it was during an argument.

"You do?" I asked breathlessly.

He pulled me against him and held me tight. He used one hand to tilt my head up so that I was looking him in the eyes.

"Of course. I think I have since the moment I first met you. I love you Carter." Without giving me time to think, he kissed me passionately. It kind of made me go weak in the knees. Once I realized what was happening, I pushed him away. We kind of stood there and stared at each other.

"If you loved me, you'd act like it," I spat. I don't know why I was so mad but I was.

"What? I do act like it." He tried to touch me but I pushed him away.

"I think you should leave."

"Carter, I didn't mean to-"

I held up my hand, signaling him to stop. "Just leave. Please."

He studied me to see if I was serious but I guess that he saw that I was so he put on his shoes and walked out of the door without another word.

Please comment, vote, and fan. Thanks guys ✌.