Chapter 34

Michael's POV

A month later, it was now November. I had been spending my time in between recording, writing, rehearsals for the tour, and making sure I spent time with Carter.

After she got out of the hospital, she decided to stop spending so much time at Neverland and stay at her place more often. She claims its because being at home makes her feel better but I know its because all of the baby's stuff is still there.

We're still together but our relationship has certainly been put on the back burner, mostly because I wanna make sure that she's ok.

I pulled into her driveway and turned the car off. I got out and walked up to the door. I got my key and unlocked the door. Since Carter hasn't been to Neverland as much lately, she gave me my own key to her place so that I could come over anytime.

"Carter? Baby?" I called out as I walked through the door and closed it behind me.

She came out of the kitchen and smiled at me. She walked over to me and hugged me tight.

"Hey you."

"Hey yourself," I replied as I bent down and kissed her quickly before pulling away.

"You call that a kiss Jackson?" She scoffed. "Come here."

She put her hand on the back of my neck and pulled me towards her to kiss again. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer. She tangled her hands in my hair and tugged lightly. I groaned, making her laugh and pull away.

"Well, someone's in a good mood today," I teased.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Guess I'm just happy to see you. I've missed you."

"I missed you too baby," I leaned down and kissed her forehead. She intertwined our hands and pulled me towards the kitchen. I saw that there was dozens of ingredients on the countertop. I jumped up and sat on the other countertop while she washed her hands.

"What are you cooking, good looking?" I asked.

She glanced back at me with a smirk before turning back to the sink. "I'm getting started on Thanksgiving dinner."

"Ohhh," I groaned. "Thanksgiving is in 3 days."

"What? You really forgot?" She dried her hands and picked up the knife, starting to cut vegetables.

"Yeah. My mind's been all over the place lately, with the tour rehearsals and everything."

"So, where are we spending it this year?" She asked.

I groaned inwardly. I didn't wanna keep Carter away from her family like I did last year but I don't wanna neglect my own family either.

"Why can't we just stay home together like we did last year?" I leaned over and picked up a piece of tomato, popping it in my mouth.

Carter glared at me before answering. "We can't keep ourselves holed up forever, Applehead."

"But it's fun," I whined, making her giggle. "Plus, its not like we don't find things to keep ourselves occupied."

She visibly tensed up and seeing her do that made me sigh. We haven't been intimate since after she found out she was pregnant, which was over three months ago. I'm not complaining but she doesn't show me any type of affection. Only kisses and hugs.

"Why don't we have Thanksgiving dinner here and just invite both of our families over?" She suggested. I thought about it for a second and it didn't sound like a bad idea.

"You sure? Are you gonna be comfortable being around Joseph?"

Every since the incident between them over a year ago, Carter still makes herself pretty scare whenever he comes around. She sighed heavily and nodded slowly.

"I think so. He hasn't bothered me since that day so hopefully he won't on Thanksgiving."

I nodded. "Well, I think its a great idea. Our families haven't spent much time together. It'll be fun."

"You think so?" She wondered. I got up and walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist, resting my chin on her shoulder.

"Yes, I do. Besides, they should start getting better acquainted. This won't be the last Thanksgiving that they ever spend together."

I kissed the shell of her ear and hugged her tight. She put her hands on top of mine and intertwined our fingers. We stood there like that, swaying slightly from side to side.

After a while of silence, she spoke up.

"We'll have another one someday, right?" She whispered. I automatically knew what she was referring to.

"Of course princess. As many as you want."

"Two. Maybe three?"

I nodded. "Two boys and one girl."

"Why only one girl?" She asked, as she played with the finger on my finger.

"So her brothers will protect when I can't."

She giggled loudly. "That's very cliché of you, Applehead."

"What can I say," I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm a huge sap."

She turned around so that she could face me and she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I do want a boy, though. One who looks like his daddy." She ran her fingers through my hair, which surprised me. I don't know what's up with her today but she's actually trying to be affectionate with me today.

"Really? Well, I want a daughter who looks like her mommy and who I can also call my princess."

She smiled and hugged me, hiding her face in my chest. "One day, right?" Her voice sent vibrations against my chest.

"Yeah. One day."

I'm sorry its so short but I just wanted to update. Please comment, vote, and fan! Thanks guys ✌.