Chapter 10

Michael's POV

A couple of weeks passed and I haven't talked to Carter as much, mostly because I've been in
the studio. Today though, I decided to take a break and surprise her at home.

I pulled into her driveway and turned the car off. I got out and walked up to her door. I know where she keeps her spare key so I grabbed it from under the porch railing and unlocked the door. I put the key back and then walked into the house, closing the door behind me.

"Baby?" I yelled as I walked into the kitchen. I went and opened the fridge, pulling out the orange juice. I grabbed a glass and was about to pour myself a glass when Carter walked in.

"Michael, what are you doing here? How'd you even get in my house?" She laughed.

"Spare key."

"Remind me to re-hide it." We laughed. "What's up though?"

"I missed you and I wanted to come visit my friend."

"Aww Applehead." She came over to me and hugged me. When we pulled away, I noticed something different about her.

"Carter?"

"Hmm?"

"Why do you have on make-up? You never wear make-up." Her eyes widened and she looked like a little kid who got caught doing something they weren't supposed to. I took another look at her and her hair was also flat ironed bone straight, which I've never seen on her. She looked beautiful.

"I uh, I have a date tonight," she said quickly before turning around and running back upstairs. A date? Oh, hell no.

I ran up the stairs after her and went into her room. She was sitting in front of her vanity, finishing her makeup.

"How are you gonna tell me that you're going on a date like it's no big deal?" I said, upset.

"Cause its not a big deal. Its just one date."

"Which will turn into more if you like him."

She didn't say anything. She got up and walked into her closet while I sat on her bed.

"So where the hell does this leave me?" I yelled out.

"First off, stop cussing," she said as she came back in the room in a green cocktail dress. "Secondly, nothing's changed between us. We're just friends, remember?"

"Nooo. You wanna be my friend. I wanna be yours and only yours."

"But I can't be your girlfriend though."

I didn't say anything because I understood what she was saying. Technically, she's single so she can do what she wants.

She sighed. "Zip me up please." She turned her back towards me and gathered up her hair in her hand. I stood up and grabbed her zipper. I pulled it up until it reached the base of her neck. I leaned down and kissed her ear.

"Don't go...Stay with me." I whispered.

"I can't Michael."

I grabbed her and spun her around so I could look into her eyes. I grabbed her waist and pulled her close. "Don't go out with this guy. You know he won't treat you like I do."

"Everyone's not Michael Jackson, are they?"

"You know, even though you use your sarcasm to be an asshole, its cute."

She rolled her eyes and smiled. "Kiss me," I said.

"What? No! My date will be here any minute."

"Don't go."

"Michael, we've had this date planned for days. I know you don't want me to go but you're just gonna have-"

I cut her off by kissing her passionately. She immediately wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me back. I licked her bottom lip for entrance and she immediately open her mouth. As we French kissed, my hands slid down and I gripped her ass in my hands.

"Michael," she moaned out, tangling her fingers in my hair.

"What baby? What do you want me to do?" I asked. I moved down and started to suck on her neck.

"Ahh, keep doing that." I massaged her ass with my hands and I could tell that she was getting weak in the knees. All of a sudden, the door bell rang. I stopped sucking on her neck and slid my hands back up to her waist.

"Want me to get that?" I whispered. She nodded. I could tell she was kind of dazed because her eyes were still closed. I smiled and let her go before walking out of the room and down the stairs. I walked over to the door and opened it. The guy was standing there, looking nervous and with flowers in his hand.

"Hi, is Carter here?" He asked.

"Yeah, she's upstairs getting ready
Come in." I stepped to the side and he walked in the house. I closed the door behind him and leaned up against it.

"So, what's your name?" I asked him.

"Dominic. And you?"

"I'm Michael."

"Are you Carter's brother? Cousin?"

I laughed. Brothers and sisters don't stick their tongues down each others throats like we just were.

"No. I'm her friend."

He nodded but I could tell he probably didn't believe me. Just then, Carter came downstairs. She had fixed her makeup and put on heels.

"Carter," Dominic smiled. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you. You look handsome yourself." She hugged him and he kissed her cheek, making me boil on the inside.

"These are for you," he said, handing her the lilies.

"Aww thank you." She said. She looked at me and quickly looked away. I guess she recognized the look on my face. "I see you've met Michael."

"Oh, yeah."

"I hope he hasn't been too rude to you," she said, rolling her eyes at me.

I huffed and stayed silent. Dominic looked at his watch and sighed.

"We better get going if we're gonna make those reservations." He said.

"Oh yeah. Michael, could you put these in water for me? And lock up when you leave?" Carter said, handing me the flowers.

"I'm not leaving. I'll be here when you get back." I smiled. She rolled her eyes and linked arms with Dominic.

"Whatever. I'll see you later." She opened the door and her and Dominic walked out. He opened the car door for her and she got in. He smiled at me before getting in the car and pulling out of the driveway.

I waited until they drove off to lock the door and close it behind me. I walked over Carter's trashcan, opened it, and threw the flowers inside. I walked over to my car, got in, and started it. I pulled out of the driveway and sped down the street towards Neverland.

Please comment, vote, and fan! Also, if you like this story, please recommend it to your friends because I'm trying to get my views back to where they used to be. Thanks guys ✌.