Chapter 8

Carter's POV

Its been about a week since that day at Neverland and me and Michael have been doing really good. I guess you could say I've somewhat fine with us not being together. Today, Im heading to Neverland because Michael is having a family day and he wants me to meet his parents and siblings.

I was driving on the highway, tapping a beat on the steering wheel and biting my lip. I decided to bring Olivia with me, just so I'd have someone there that I knew besides Michael.

"Car, you have to calm down," Liv laughed at me.

"I am calm. What makes you think Im not calm?"

"You're about to bit your damn lip off."

I stopped biting my lip and glared at her. She held up her hands in defense.

"I don't know why you're so nervous, its not like you're in a relationship with Michael."

I sighed, irritated. Liv didn't really like the fact that Michael refused to be in a relationship with me. She thought he was "stringing me along".

"Liv, don't start. Hopefully someday, we will be together so I wanna make a good impression today. Besides, I brought you with me for your support."

"And I do support you. But as your bestfriend, its my job to let you know when you're making a stupid decision."

I looked over at her. "And what stupid decision am I making?"

"Waiting on him! Its clear that you're in love with that man but he refuses to make you his girlfriend! It just seems like he's trying to play you, that's all."

I understood where she was coming from but this wasn't the first time she had said this to me and it was getting annoying.

"I don't understand how you can be so judgemental," I started. "When you and Eddie have been nothing but fuck buddies every since y'all met."

She threw her hand on her chest, covering up her heart. "Damn Car. Low fucking blow."

I laughed and shook my head. "Its the truth."

"It is but we have an arrangement. I like sex and Eddie likes sex. You know, he does this thing where he grabs my leg and-"

"Lalalalala! Kill the visual, Jesus. Kill the visual!" I yelled, trying to block her out. She laughed and hit my shoulder.

"But speaking of sex, when are you gonna let Michael knock the cobwebs off that-"

"Could you not?!" I laughed. "But to answer your question, I don't know."

"Haven't you been tempted to?"

"He's Michael fucking Jackson. Of course I've been tempted to. He's like a fucking walking bucket of sex."

"You know if you two ever go all the way, I want details."

"Everything?"

"Every single thing. Maybe you could video tape it for me."

"Go to hell Liv," I shook my head, giggling.

"I'll meet you down there." She smirked. We finally pulled into the driveway of Neverland. I showed my identification to the guards and they let me through. I drove to the main house and parked among the other cars that were already there. We got out and walked up the pathway. Michael walked out of the front door and his face lit up when he saw me.

"Carter!" He sped walked over to us and picked me up, hugging me tight. I giggled and hugged him back. He set me down and held my hands in his. "I've missed you baby," he told me.