Chapter 49

Carter's POV

I felt the car pull to a stop in front of the church. I looked out of the window and saw the multitude of fans and paparazzi waiting behind barriers across the street, which caused my breath to hitch in my throat. I had no idea how they had even found out when the wedding was, let alone where, and I hoped they wouldn't ruin anything.

"Hey," my daddy tightened the grip he had on my hand, which he hasn't let go of every since we left the hotel. "Everything will be ok. Carter, look at me," he demanded softly. I looked over at him and he gave me a soft smile. "Everything will be fine, alright? I promise." 

I took a deep breath and nodded. He opened his door before getting out. He walked around the car and opened my door, holding his hand out to me. I gathered the bottom of my dress in one hand and grabbed his out stretched hand with my other. I stepped out of the car and the already loud screaming of Michael's fans increased times ten. I waved towards them and walked with daddy to the steps leading to the church. 

Janet's head poked out of the front doors and once she saw us, she rushed out and down the steps to meet us. She didn't say anything, she just stepped behind me and gathered my train in her hands. I shot her a quick smile before walking up the steps. Once we got to the doors, I turned and waved at the fans one last time before going inside. 

"Bride has landed. I repeat, bride has landed," Lawrence said into his earpiece as he walked towards us.  He smiled and handed me my bouquet. "We're about to start momentarily, alright?"

I nodded and tightened my grip on my bouquet. Janet straightened out my train and came around to stand in front of me. She grabbed the ends of veil and flipped it so that my face was now covered. I was so excited back at the hotel but now that we're here, seconds away from walking down the aisle, I was starting to get nervous. I chewed on my lip while twirling my bouquet around in my hands. "Calm down," Janet chuckled. 

"Do you think he'll like it?" I asked, glancing down at my dress.

"He'll love it, but not as much as he loves you," she teased, making me giggle. "You'll be fine."

I took a few deep breaths and nodded. All of a sudden, I heard the music start. The doors to the sanctuary of the church opened and Liv shot me a quick wink before linking arms with Eddie and walking down the aisle. Avery and Jackie linked arms and followed behind them. Janet smiled at me before wrapping her arm around Marlon's, who was Michael's best man. They walked down the aisle and the doormen closed the doors after they walked in.

I felt my daddy pat my hand, making me look over at him. "You know whether you're married or not, you'll always be my little girl right?"

I smiled sadly and nodded. "I know daddy. I love you so much."

"I love you more," he replied before grabbing my hand and bringing it to his lips to kiss it. The wedding march that Michael had picked out, "Canon in D", began to play. Me and daddy moved to stand right in front of the doors and on Lawrence's signal, the doormen opened the doors and everyone stood up as me and daddy began to walk down the aisle. 

As we walked, I saw all of our family and friends, making me smile wider. I looked up to the altar and saw Michael, standing there in his gold suit jacket and black dress pants. His hair was half up, half down which was the way I liked it the best. He was biting his lip, and I could tell that he was excitedly nervous just like I was. I smiled at him and that's when I saw a tear slip down his face. He was crying. Oh yeah, I got a good one.

Once me and my daddy made it to the altar, Michael stepped down and stood on the other side of my dad while we looked up at the preacher, Reverend James.