Chapter 5

Michael's POV

I was woken up the next morning by the sun shining through the curtains. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 7:14am. I groaned and laid my head back down. I felt someone snuggle into me and I looked over. Carter was sleeping peacefully, with one arm draped around my waist and one hand under her face.

I smiled and thought about last night. We ended up having so much fun talking and being together, next thing you know it was 1 in the morning and I suggested she stay the night here. She agreed and I offered to let her sleep in my bed while I slept on the floor but she refused and made me sleep with her.

"Michael?" She murmured.

"Yes?"

"What time is it?"

"7:16," I pauesed to yawn. "Why?"

Her eyes popped open and she looked at the clock. "Shit," she whispered before jumping out of bed. She started looking for her shoes while I sat up.

"What's the problem?" I asked.

"I have to be at work by nine," she said. She found her shoes and started putting them on. She grabbed her purse and was going towards the door when I jumped out of bed and grabbed her arm.

"Don't leave," I whispered.

"Michael, I have to go to work."

"Call in sick."

"No! I have a lot of work to do."

"Please baby?" I held her hands in mine. "Its Friday anyways."

"I don't know," she dragged out.

"For me?" I leaned down and kissed her softly. She inhaled and then exhaled.

"Fine, I'll stay."

"Yes!" She laughed and I hugged her tightly.

"I don't have any clothes here though," she said.

"I think my sister left some new clothes here. You could probably fit them." She nodded and I sighed. "Now, can we go back to bed? Its too early."

She giggled and nodded. I led her back to the bed and we both climbed in. She snuggled into me again and I could feel her breathing on my chest.

"Goodnight Applehead," she yawned.

"Good night baby." I kissed her forehead before we drifted back to sleep.

Two Hours Later 9:25am

When I woke up, I heard the shower running. I looked over and Carter was gone so I figured she was taking a shower. I was gonna lay back down but the phone started ringing. I reached over and picked up the receiver.

"Hello?"

"Hi Michael." I smiled.

"Hey Mother. How are you?"

"I'm good. How about you?"

"I'm great. What's going on?"

"I just wanted you to come over to the house so we can have lunch and talk."

"I'd love to Mother but do you mind if I bring someone?"

"Of course not. Can I ask who though?"

"Its a girl," I replied sheepishly.

"Your girlfriend?"

"No, not yet at least."

"Well, I'd love to meet her."

"Ok. I'll be there soon."

"Alright. Bye bye."

"Bye." I hung up the phone and the door to the bathroom opened. Carter walked out, fully dressed, and she was drying her hair.

"I see you found the clothes," I said. She looked over at me and smiled.

"Yeah, I did. Why are you still in bed? Get up lazy."

I sucked my teeth and got up out of bed. "I'm gonna shower. I'll be out soon." I told her. She nodded and I walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me.

Carter's POV

25 minutes later, Michael walked back into the room. He walked over to me and sat next to me.

"I have somewhere I wanna take you," he said.

"Oh really?" I raised an eyebrow and he nodded.

"I wanna take you to my parents house to have lunch with my mother."

My eyes widened. "Really?"

He nodded. "Yeah."

"Michael, I'm flattered but I don't think we're at that point yet..."

His smile faded and he put his head down. It kind of made me feel bad.

"I understand," he said quietly.

"I'd love to meet her some other time, though," I said, trying to make him feel better.

"Ok," he looked up at the clock and then stood up. "She's expecting me so I gotta go. If you wanna stay, feel free. If you leave, I'll call you," he dryly told me before walking out of the room. Well, damn.

Two Hours Later

I ended up deciding to stay and I was in the theater, watching Coming to America. I was looking at the screen and eating some popcorn when Michael walked in.

"Carter?" He called out.

"Right here," I stuck my arm up so he could see what row I was in. He walked down the row and sat down next to me.

"What are you watching?" He asked.

"Coming to America."

"Eddie's movie?"

I nodded. He turned to the screen and we watched in silence for a couple of minutes.

"Carter?" He said, turning towards me.

"Hmm?" I didn't take my eyes off the screen.

"I didn't think you would still be here when I got back."

I turned my head and looked at him. "Why didn't you think so?"

"Cause I was mean to you earlier."

"Michael," I rubbed his cheek with my hand. "I understand why you acted like that. You were disappointed. I'll admit, it kind of surprised me but I'm not mad or anything."

"Ok, good because I wouldn't want you to be mad me. I'm sorry."

"Its ok Applehead," I laughed. He smiled and leaned in. I met his lips and we kissed gently. After a couple seconds, we pulled away. We turned back to the screen and continued watching the movie.

Can you guys see the full chapters now? Please let me know but don't forget to comment, vote, and fan. Thanks guys.✌